Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

After Update - Sim is dead - STEAM

After the update yesterday I cannot get into the sim. All I get is "Lets get you signed in" Xbox dialog box "sign in" that does not work? Any ideas? Tied uninstalling and the same thing.

Chris Chiozza

I had same issue. Had to sign in to Xbox. Wasn’t aware I had an Xbox account. Tried signing in to my MS account, which necessitated changing my MS account password. The sim then started normally. No idea why this even occurred

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

Seems there are a lot of users having problems with local XBox apps and MS Store and MS Accounts, Synchronization that doesn't work?

Signed into xbox on browser and now still stuck at Xbox MSFS splash "lets get you signed".....................These guys had to develop the Obama care website

Chris Chiozza

11 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Where do you sign into xbox? Lost

Try into the xbox live website if they have one. Or maybe an app in winfows called xbox gaming services or something alog those lines

For me, (MS Store version) when starting MSFS, it says there is an update and takes me to the MS store page and asks me to sign in on my MS/xbox account.

I do this, and it fails to download with an error code the first time.

So I quit out of that, double click on the MSFS icon again to start the sim, then it goes through the same routine again but this time without asking me to log in, then it always downloads this second time in (I sometimes have to un-pause the download to get it going).

After finishing the download, it goes straight into the sim as normal, after another long pause for 'checking for updates' again. 🙄

A bit inefficient, but it gets there in the end.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

You could try opening the Xbox app and signing into that, I bet that’s what it’s looking for.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I signed into the xbox website and xbox local and it still hangs at "lets get you sign in" with a spinning xbox icon in the right corner...

Chris Chiozza

16 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

I signed into the xbox website and xbox local and it still hangs at "lets get you sign in" with a spinning xbox icon in the right corner...

Does it get to the "we couldnt sign you in, retry" ". If yes, keep trying, many many times. Sometimes it lets thru. You still would have to disconnect your FS profile. And then start up again and sign back in. 

To be honest, the whole system is awful, its unecessary.