Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ADamiani

Crippling updates and disappearing features

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jeeper said:

Uh yeah, we are flying, when the sim isn't crashing to desktop. You might be happy with decreasing quality on a product you paid for, but many of us are not, and that does not make us drama queens. What Asobo previewed prior to release is NOT what was delivered, and to add insult to injury they continue downgrading the fidelity of sim with each patch. I would find that problematic and worthy of complaint for any product I bought. Just because you're happy with downgrades doesn't make everyone else a crybaby for voicing valid complaints. 

Man please, apart from the water masks which are server side and can be pushed anytime, what have they not delivered on? My sim looks better than xp and p3d in their highest settings so I'm more than satisfied. My sim still looks the way it did on release day, but then again, I'm busy flying and not pixel peeping like some of you drama queens lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

Uh yeah, we are flying, when the sim isn't crashing to desktop. You might be happy with decreasing quality on a product you paid for, but many of us are not, and that does not make us drama queens. What Asobo previewed prior to release is NOT what was delivered, and to add insult to injury they continue downgrading the fidelity of sim with each patch. I would find that problematic and worthy of complaint for any product I bought. Just because you're happy with downgrades doesn't make everyone else a crybaby for voicing valid complaints. 

You are wasting your time there.  I sometimes think it is Sebastian Vloch in disguise posting here 😄, except maybe he wouldn't be so offensive with his 'drama queen' remarks for people who have valid concerns.  Still, I would rather be a drama queen than an appeaser of poor quality any day, so if that makes me one, I am happy with that. 👍

  • Like 2

I like to fool airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio!

Intel Core I7 8086 @ 5.1 GHz with water cooling, GTX1080Ti, 32 GB RAM @ 3600 MHz, 2 x Samsung 1 TB NVME M.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

1) No, I don't agree. 

2) Your opinion might be "based on facts". but you do realize that there are about 678 threads talking about how the sim "gets worse after every upgrade".

Raise the issue at zendesk and report it on the msfs forums. 

Wow!  looks like a weight of evidence right there then! 👍

By the way, I see you like telling people what to do.  If people want to post in Avsim forums to raise a concern, it is down to the Moderators if it isn't acceptable or not; you don't have to read them. 

It appears you just want to close people down all the time if it doesn't fit your agenda.  That's not how it works.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to fool airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio!

Intel Core I7 8086 @ 5.1 GHz with water cooling, GTX1080Ti, 32 GB RAM @ 3600 MHz, 2 x Samsung 1 TB NVME M.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can read into my answer whatever you wish. The simple fact of the matter is that if you want to be heard, post a bug report or participate in the relevant discussion on the official forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Wow!  looks like a weight of evidence right there then! 👍

By the way, I see you like telling people what to do.  If people want to post in Avsim forums to raise a concern, it is down to the Moderators if it isn't acceptable or not; you don't have to read them. 

It appears you just want to close people down all the time if it doesn't fit your agenda.  That's not how it works.

same applies to you and some others here.

i doubt asobo reads this forum, so the only way to get their attention is at the zendesk.

keeping on ranting about the same issues over and over again, thats called whining and drama queening.

its obvious that this sim is never ever going to appeal to everyone in the near future, maybe in 2 , 3 years, maybe.

in the meantime i am having loads of fun with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

You are wasting your time there.  I sometimes think it is Sebastian Vloch in disguise posting here 😄, except maybe he wouldn't be so offensive with his 'drama queen' remarks for people who have valid concerns.  Still, I would rather be a drama queen than an appeaser of poor quality any day, so if that makes me one, I am happy with that. 👍

No you guys are indeed acting like drama queen. Yeah the game looks so bad 🙄. I seen a few guys saying they can't fly until the night light is fixed, whatever that means, when they been using a previous sim with complete trash night lighting. Like I said drama queens, worst than females lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

2) Your opinion might be "based on facts". but you do realize that there are about 678 threads talking about how the sim "gets worse after every upgrade"

Raise the issue at zendesk and report it on the msfs forums. 

So in your vision, the Avsim Forum should be reserved to those who praise the sim and all others should raise issues at zendesk and leave this forum alone?

And if there are about 678 threads about the sim worsening with every update, the odds are high that something is actually going bad, or not? Surely you know that old joke about the guy on the freeway seeing all the other cars zipping around him, all heading "the wrong direction".

Anyway, I asked for an opinion and you gave me yours: everything is ok.

Andrea

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devgrp said:

The ones who's saying Asobo is reducing the visuals, are probably not even flying, just looking around for something to complain about. ............... Some of you guys are like drama queens. ..............Every other day, its "update broke my sim", "no shadow in the cockpit in the hanger" etc, some of the stupidest posts I've seen. .............

Unfortunately nobody asked your opinion about the people that are having issues with the updates. The question was (and is): "do you agree that there are issues with the updates? And what could be the reason?"

If you think the answer is "no", feel free to say it in a polite way, but please avoid judging other people.

Thank'you

Andrea

Edited by ADamiani
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devgrp said:

I have it running at 4k on high/med settings. Perfomance is great. There are already console games running at 4k, so I do see why this is different, but then again everyone on avsim is an expert in sim or hardware development lol

A few years ago I had a chance of talking about this with a top videogame programmer. I was complaining that performance of flight simulators is on average wayyy inferior than that of action games. I asked him "how is it possible that you get 100+ fps in <place your game here> and we are still struggling with 16-25 fps in FSX?

His answer was: "You are comparing apples to oranges: <your game> is known as quite large because it has a map of about 15 square km with heights between 0 and 1000 feet at most. In a flight sims you have all the world, with heights (and consequently LOD) up to 40.000 feet. And you want everything real and not cartoonish, and many different airplanes, and whatnot. That's different. Quite another beast."

I think he was right.

Andrea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

There’s definitely something strange going on.

No one can dispute the water masks being removed. There are threads elsewhere I’ve seen that also show LOD reductions since launch. And there’s no disputing that night lighting has changed... whether you like or not is subjective. The clouds also often have pixelation that I don’t recall noticing until about a month ago. And the waves in the ocean, if you can call them that, have never looked good, but I’ve not seen any conclusive evidence they are worse now, but I might have just missed it. 

I don’t know why. It’s very bizarre.

I agree 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, devgrp said:

No you guys are indeed acting like drama queen. Yeah the game looks so bad 🙄. I seen a few guys saying they can't fly until the night light is fixed, whatever that means, when they been using a previous sim with complete trash night lighting. Like I said drama queens, worst than females lol

Where and when do you exactly come from, the nineteenth century? In the civilized world using "females" as a negative reference is unacceptable. 

Hopefully this is just plain trolling. I'd rather forget it.

Andrea

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, devgrp said:

No you guys are indeed acting like drama queen. Yeah the game looks so bad 🙄.

Drama queens or blind users, make your pick. If you do not see the visual degradation and the low LOD for trees and buildings, fine for you, but stop blaming those that see it. Although personally I can not understand how one can NOT see such things, fly through a valley covered in forest, add 30cm of snow and be amazed about the white blank slopes just 2-3nm in front of you turning in full thick green forest as you close in. Does not matter? Again fine for you, but do not blame those that think this is not what it should be and those that report from the beta that it was not like this due to much higher tree draw distance.

Same goes for the watermasks: if you are happy flying above dull uniform tropic waters, fine for you, but do not blame those who prefer the looks from the world trailers with nice looking water masks (at least they seem to come back now). 

So, rather than calling those recognizing the visual differences drama queens, I would rather think a second about why you do not see this. Either because you run on medium/high settings and not ultra or simply because it does not matter to you. Both reasons do still not give you the right to blame others...

  • Like 5

Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devgrp said:

Man please, apart from the water masks which are server side and can be pushed anytime, what have they not delivered on? My sim looks better than xp and p3d in their highest settings so I'm more than satisfied. My sim still looks the way it did on release day, but then again, I'm busy flying and not pixel peeping like some of you drama queens lol

Well for some people the look of MSFS is not the only thing that makes up for a good simming experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

Where and when do you exactly come from, the nineteenth century? In the civilized world using "females" as a negative reference is unacceptable. 

Hopefully this is just plain trolling. I'd rather forget it.

Andrea

All your post did was re-enforce his point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

i like msfs but samethinks for my visual have decrease since august...more blurry ground texture et the object load in front of me. Some people say the main reason is for the xbox release, if it's the reason of the decrease of visuel quality, i cannot beleive in 2020 they are not able to make a game the for pc and make the game for Xbox...two seperate thinks...if the continu the reduce the visuel quality...in two update that will look P3D.

 

Phil Tremblay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    48%
    $12,180.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...