Sign in to follow this  
cmdn

Runway lights draw distance

Hi,  

Is there a way to extend the runway lights draw distance in P3Dv5? In the settings or by tweaking the cfg file?

thanks 

The good old runway light popping bug again...

The answer is no, there is not. The runway/taxi lights draw angle/distance bug has been present since the very beginning of this sim. It was even reported and discussed when ACES was in charge and they said it was an old optimization feature that should some day be fixed. It never was. It has then been reported to LM for years. At some point they confirmed that they would look into it but they never did. This was P3Dv3 or v4 I think. It was in P3Dv1 an it's still present in the latest P3Dv5.

Amazingly enough most people don't seem to care about this issue. Some even still to this day deny its existence ("it must be you").

Thanks for letting me know! Actually I have been trying to find a workaround for weeks. But it seems pretty clear that I can’t.