Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

In some places MSFS not an accurate representation

I have flown in several small cities in Latin America and others regions and noticed that these cities are not accurately represented. I see a lot of farm houses and uniform buildings throughout these locations.  I guess only major metropolitan areas are more realistic and accurate.

By the way, I also purchased LOWI from Orbx and did not sense a major difference from P3D. Am I missing something mates? What can you tell me about the sceneries in general and are addons worth buying?

Edited by Huascar

Only areas with 3D Bing photogrammetry are realistic and accurate. 

There are NOT a lot of those outside the US. 

As far as airport addons, addons custom made for MSFS in theory should be better HOWEVER most of the current addons are just ports of FSX/P3D/XPlane addons and hence not particularly different from the original sim version they came from.

The videos below are a repost of two I made taking off from a MSFS original airport (not imported) flying over an area in Australia with 3D Photogrammetry (view full screen at 1440p or better)

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

23 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

As far as airport addons, addons custom made for MSFS in theory should be betterHOWEVER of the current addons are just ports of FSX/P3D/XPlane addons and hence no different tot he original sim they cam efrom.

I have just discovered that - little difference from FSX and P3D in some areas (LOWI). I guess I won’t be wasting my money if these addons have little more to offer. Thanks for the videos. 

9 minutes ago, Huascar said:

I have just discovered that - little difference from FSX and P3D in some areas (LOWI). I guess I won’t be wasting my money if these addons have little more to offer. Thanks for the videos. 

I have actually only purchased two payware so far, both small airports - FSDT's Key West and the AUscene YSPT Southport one in the Videos above.

There is some good freeware about particularly for regional and local airports. Which suits me personally as I like flying from small airfields.    Aerosoft have made there version of Paderborn/Lippstadt on the marketplace free.

Also check out the NZA freeware. The NZRO Rotorua airport is particularly well made. Here is a yet another video:

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

That airport looks very nice for a freeware. 

Now, in terms of jetliners, any decent aircraft on the market besides the default ones?  It looks like it will be a while before we get good quality planes. Flying the MSFS jetliners have been a huge disappointment. They behave very erratic.

There are a few mods about trying to fix the dodgy default ones and I think there are some import about from other sims and also a couple of new bespoke planes in the works,  but I do not know enough to recommend anything, hopefully someone else will chip in with some comments.

Have you tried the FBWA320? Aerosoft is close to releasing their CRJ soon.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, Huascar said:

By the way, I also purchased LOWI from Orbx and did not sense a major difference from P3D. Am I missing something mates? What can you tell me about the sceneries in general and are addons worth buying?

Did you expect it to look different? Its made by the same dev

1) Freeware scenery.....

qMEe2tk.jpg

2) Me:

fkFSK0U.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'm just wild about free stuff!

XTDXmHw.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

From what is posted, there are only about 400-500 "photogrametric" areas in the sim.     The rest is covered by satellite data and Autogen buildings.   The autogen is impressive for Autogen.  I mean for the most part, the size and shape of the object is accurate to the satellite imagery, but in many cases you get round buildings that suspiciously look like they should be oil tanks or office buildings that have a strange "sports Stadium" look to them.

But as far as building placement, for the most part it's accurate.  Vegetation and tree's look pretty good too, but some areas are definitely "overgrown" and much more "woodsy" than they are IRL.

• Like 1

The cities I have flown over in Colombia look very unlike the real world. Key landmarks are missing. One has to fly over a major population center to appreciate realism. Not complaining but it is what it is.

53 minutes ago, Huascar said:

The cities I have flown over in Colombia look very unlike the real world. Key landmarks are missing. One has to fly over a major population center to appreciate realism. Not complaining but it is what it is.

Like I said,  With autogen, landmarks, due to their uniqueness will be missing and the cities will appear quite bland, unless there is a custom POI that is written for it.  However actual structures, should be where they should be, but they may not look anything like the actual structure that's there.

I guess you get the correct building footprint but in most areas not much else.  In my street the house two doors down from us is set an angle across the block quite unusual but faithfully shown in MSFS.  However the actual structures are all autogen with no resemblance to reality.  Trees are another beef of mine they look terrible in MSFS compared to P3D although again in most cases correctly located.  My home town has a causeway across an estuary and in MSFS they have a tree in the middle of it.  At first I thought well they have got that wrong but lo and behold the next time I crossed the causeway they was the tree.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."