Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Skyforce

How is Skyforce working in 5.1?  I was thinking of trying to install it but wasn't sure about compatibility.  If it works, should you turn off EA?  How does it impact frames/performance?  Is it working well with the latest Active Sky?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I too am curious about this. I have Active Sky and ASCA and leave EA off with good results, but wondering if Skyforce would take it a step further. I remember finding a nice tutorial for running all 3 cohesively, but it didn't mention performance impacts (if any.)

I am running the latest ASP3D on V5HF1 with Skyforce 5. While Skyforce is not yet officially certified for V5, it works just fine and the textures load correctly, sometimes quite impressively.

I haven't tried running the Skyforce weather engine as yet - AS is doing just fine and I haven't felt the need.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Can you explain how to install it?  I deleted it from my system when I got rid of v4 so I’ll need to redownload and install 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Just install Skyforce 3D for P3Dv4. In Skyforce settings page point it to your P3Dv5 directory.

I use it with EA activated and am very impressed with the beautifull weather, clouds, stratus layers etc.

EA is not using any Skyforce Textures! 

I'm trying to download it via the Rex Download manager but it doesn't seem to work.  It says "DOWNLOAD MANAGER UPDATER::Error - The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel." Any idea what this could be from?  Thanks

5 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I'm trying to download it via the Rex Download manager but it doesn't seem to work.  It says "DOWNLOAD MANAGER UPDATER::Error - The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel." Any idea what this could be from?  Thanks

I had this happen yesterday. I sent REX a support ticket and they emailed me a link with the updated download manager. Everything worked fine after that.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Installed the Skyforce update and it is working perfect thank you REX

and merry christmas to every one

a great day here in the goldfields in Western Australia 37°C today

• Like 1

How can I tell the textures in REX are ACTUALLY being installed too P3D v5? 

Also, the "Installed Into the Sim" doesn't actually work, unless the texutres arent installing to the sim, its saying that version 1 of each option is installed, which it shouldnt be. 

Edited by fakeflyer737

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

14 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

How can I tell the textures in REX are ACTUALLY being installed too P3D v5?

When I used SF in 4.5 you could see huge difference with and without....I installed last night this version and I will test it during day flight. Also had to make integration with Envshade. So let's hope it works. 

When I created my preset I managed only two items to inject. not sure why, but when I used from community it populated all presets. So let's see how it works. I will definitely report. REX SF was really good before. Hopefully will stay like this in 5.1. 

Alex 

Downloaded BETA and installed.

Had a lot of CTD's initially as I was using REX with ActiveSky and ASCA. REX for cloud textures, ActiveSky for the weather and ASCA for Sky Textures.

Once configured ok i.e. REX weather engine disabled, and cloud textures from ASCA disabled, all appeared to function ok.

Did not test with EA as yet. Snips from initial tests are posted in Screenshots Forum, as below:

GPU Load for my PC was around 2GB to a max of 3GB at low-mid settings, using the default F35, Waco and Seminole.

• Like 1

thanks @Tokitaumelie   I'm curious how rain and snow look also?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next