Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Announcement Trailer

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

I am curious about the peripherals USB port availability on the XBox/X.

My current PC MSFS set up uses 4 USB ports.

(Joystick, wireless keyboard & Mouse, X-Box controller for  the Drone Camera & the Internet is connected via a USB Toggle)

T45

Xbox controller is Bluetooth to XBOX so wireless

Keyboard and Mouse - fully supported now, use existing dongle (assume one dongle is used by mouse/keyboard combo

Internet - either hard wired network cable into back of XBOX or built-in Wifi in Xbox to your router (no USB required)

Joystick - uses second USB port on xbox but needs to have XBOX security chip on-board e.g. Thrustmaster HOTAS One and upcoming Honeycomb kit (not yet available).

CJ 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Xbox controller is Bluetooth to XBOX so wireless

Keyboard and Mouse - fully supported now, use existing dongle (assume one dongle is used by mouse/keyboard combo

Internet - either hard wired network cable into back of XBOX or built-in Wifi in Xbox to your router (no USB required)

Joystick - uses second USB port on xbox but needs to have XBOX security chip on-board e.g. Thrustmaster HOTAS One and upcoming Honeycomb kit (not yet available).

CJ 

And how do you feel about the new xbox? Is it amazing? 🙂

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

only $1 for better tires to help your landings, 50 cents for higher octane fuel that gets you further

I'm gonna develop asobo software/update bug insurance with lots of disclaimers.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

31 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

And how do you feel about the new xbox? Is it amazing? 🙂

Don't know about "amazing" but it is powerful. Although the only thing I can say I have played on it much is my weekly play of Forza Horizon 4 and that would be comparing it to an xBox One X so the only difference is 60fps vs 30fps. All my other gaming time has been spent on my PC. But gaming time has been limited since getting it set up so there is that.

BTW, there is a 3rd USB port on the front of the console, besides the 2 on the back. Still not enough for my needs for MSFS as I use 4 devices besides kb/m. Yoke, pedals, throttle, and midi device. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Curious to know why you would need a keyboard and mouse on a console? Isn't it developed to not use them since a console only has a controller? I get a joystick and such being added, but why a keyboard and mouse? Do any other games support keyboard and mouse on console?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

8 hours ago, Noooch said:

The only thing i saw in the trailer was the water masks, i am really starting to get obsessed :))

Hope we will have some real clarifications in the next Q&A!

They are probably using the original release version for demo, the one that had water masks and a working A/P and a Press Any Key bug, before they started down the upgrade trail...

Edited by dobee51

The marriage is soon to be complete. What a great moment.

"They sky is calling".

And the "cloud".

I wonder how much they have to drop the graphics quality for the Xbox to handle busy airports in 4K at steady fps?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

17 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Your maths are out a bit $449 is 1/6th of $3,000.

Will play well an XBOX controller it`s already done for the Camera Views.  

Exactly my point. You can buy a $450 Xbox and run the sim in 4k and worry about FPS. I feel for all those who spent thousands on hardware to squeeze a few FPS when they could have waited for the Xbox. Glad I waited.

Edited by B787Pilot3222

6 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I wonder how much they have to drop the graphics quality for the Xbox to handle busy airports in 4K at steady fps?

In DX12 you will find out when it comes to the PC with support for RT, we already have a sim using DX12 more work for the GPU. Addons had to be updated to make them compatible.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

12 hours ago, in2tech said:

Curious to know why you would need a keyboard and mouse on a console? Isn't it developed to not use them since a console only has a controller? I get a joystick and such being added, but why a keyboard and mouse? Do any other games support keyboard and mouse on console?

On XBOX Gears 5, Call Of Duty, Sea of Thieves (three of the biggest games on the console) support mouse and keyboard. All the major driving games support wheel and pedal controls. Keyboard and mouse operation is the preferred choice for FPS games.

CJ

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 6:02 AM, DJJose said:

Here's what I thought after watching the video.

Learning is a change in behavior as a result of experience.

Straight from the FOIs 😉

• Like 1

Chris

20 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

Exactly my point. You can buy a $450 Xbox and run the sim in 4k and worry about FPS. I feel for all those who spent thousands on hardware to squeeze a few FPS when they could have waited for the Xbox. Glad I waited.

I don`t think you have to feel sorry. It`s no secret that consoles are in general cheaper for the performance you get. Manufacturers don`t earn money by selling hardware. But, even a 1660 Super can handle MSFS at High or Ultra at HD. At 600$ you get a good playable PC. 800$ for 4K is possible.

On a PC you can install and modify anything you want, on a console you don`t. Not every PC user invests 2000$ for gfx card, 1200$ for a gaming monitor and 500$ for a mainboard. 

The ones that one could be sorry might be some anonymous developers that are degrading a game with every patch.

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2020 at 7:53 PM, Ixoye said:

Very doubtful this is going to run at true 4K on console.  More likely it'll be "dynamic 4K" that scales down the resolution as needed.

After watching the trailer a few times, you can already see where they have culled detail a bit to improve performance.  I won't be shocked if they are trying to improve performance in big airports for months after launch either way.  I'm more interested to see how the Series S fares, since it has cut down memory (and memory bandwidth).

The one ace Asobo have up their sleeve is that they are optimizing against a 100% fixed hardware spec that lets them make lots of performance assumptions they can't on PC.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scottoest said:

Very doubtful this is going to run at true 4K on console.  More likely it'll be "dynamic 4K" that scales down the resolution as needed.

After watching the trailer a few times, you can already see where they have culled detail a bit to improve performance.  I won't be shocked if they are trying to improve performance in big airports for months after launch either way.  I'm more interested to see how the Series S fares, since it has cut down memory (and memory bandwidth).

The one ace Asobo have up their sleeve is that they are optimizing against a 100% fixed hardware spec that lets them make lots of performance assumptions they can't on PC.

So you watched the video and actually seen where details were removed? What are you comparing this to? Some of you guys crack me 🤦🏿‍♂️ 😂 😂 😂 

• Upvote 1