Sign in to follow this  
ggerolamo

[Closed] AILRP Manual ??

Sorry, but I do not get along with this program unfortunately at all !
Probably my sim (software) environment is not compatible with it at all (Envtex, black marble, ...)!?
Where is the manual, I have not found it anywhere ?
I have another problem after uninstalling AILRP:
Actually I thought that I can restore the p3d state, like before installing AILRP !
However, in the simulator, in the right-click menu, there is still the entry 'AILRP Overview Position' !?! 
Surely this entry should have disappeared after uninstallation !?! Why is this not the case ?

regards

ggerolamo

Edited by ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

1 hour ago, ggerolamo said:

Sorry, but I do not get along with this program unfortunately at all !
Probably my sim (software) environment is not compatible with it at all (Envtex, black marble, ...)!?
Where is the manual, I have not found it anywhere ?
I have another problem after uninstalling AILRP:
Actually I thought that I can restore the p3d state, like before installing AILRP !
However, in the simulator, in the right-click menu, there is still the entry 'AILRP Overview Position' !?! 
Surely this entry should have disappeared after uninstallation !?! Why is this not the case ?

regards

ggerolamo

Nobody reads manuals these days therefore I didn't bother to write millions of words that people will just ignore.. instead we have a full video tutorial to help you understand how it works:

Please note you haven't mentioned what are the issues you have, so I am unable to advise you until you do.. regarding the un-installation this is a left over under your cameras.cfg configuration I will update the uninstaller to get rid of it but everything else should be removed now.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Thank you very much again for your answer !

My main problem so far is the preview mode:
When I click 'Preview Settings' the sim reloads - that's how it should be !
But after that I am sitting in the cockpit of the default r22 in the dark ! What do I do now ?
If I right click on 'Overview Position', it seems to work - but what is the use of this view ?
If I click further with 'A' I get a (random) AI Traffic plane in a fixed position - the view can't be moved with any key...!?
If I select 'AILRP line up and wait traffic', I always see a C172 (!?) from far away - view cannot be changed again ...
How can I target a specific aircraft to preview, and more importantly, how can I move the view ?

Am I doing anything wrong ? 

regards

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

19 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

Thank you very much again for your answer !

My main problem so far is the preview mode:
When I click 'Preview Settings' the sim reloads - that's how it should be !
But after that I am sitting in the cockpit of the default r22 in the dark ! What do I do now ?
If I right click on 'Overview Position', it seems to work - but what is the use of this view ?
If I click further with 'A' I get a (random) AI Traffic plane in a fixed position - the view can't be moved with any key...!?
If I select 'AILRP line up and wait traffic', I always see a C172 (!?) from far away - view cannot be changed again ...
How can I target a specific aircraft to preview, and more importantly, how can I move the view ?

Am I doing anything wrong ? 

regards

ggerolamo

Hi Gerolamo.

What Camera system are you using? during preview mode the AILRP Overview position should be selected automatically for you, instead this is failing in your simulator.. as a way around click preview, let the system load and then select the AILRP Overview camera.

Like this P3D will show you all the AI traffic injected in a static mode so you can appreciate how the navigation lights look like with your current settings .. the idea of the preview mode is to allow you to configure the effects for your system resolution and configuration. The tutorial link will show you a video done by Rob Ainscough where he is doing this process, you can change the effects textures, sizes, dynamic light intensity, etc.. 

The A key is a default key to change observer cameras, it allows you to jump to a pre-set of cameras I am injected for the injected AI traffic during the preview. This allows you to see specific AI models if you wish and also see from close how their navigation lights looks like. Clicking A will just jump out from Overview to: Taxi, Take-off, Position and Hold, an AI traffic on approach about 2 nm and another AI on Approach about 6nm. The only way to go back to the overview camera is by selecting it via the menu.

While using the AI traffic cameras you can use the keyboard keys (left, right, back, forward) to rotate around the aircraft, you can also use the "+ plus" and "- minus" keys to zoom in or zoom out from any particular AI model.

I would recommend you to change AILRP as follow:

1) With P3D closed, got to the AILRP configuration panel and set the interface to "EXPERT".

2) Change the scaling technique to FSReborn instead of default (select HD if you do not have a 4K monitor, if you have a 4K monitor then select 4K). This will modify P3D to scale "lights" more accurately, basically it will force P3D to uses distances and other simulator variables to change the size of lights particles instead of just using pixel sizes as P3D does by default. This is more accurate and realistic.

3) Click Save.

4) Follow the wizard..

5) Now you will see a list of AI models to select from on the right side during preview, if you select a particular model.. AILRP will inject only this AI models so you can tweak the effects using it.

All these is explained with the tutorial, so I recommend you to have a quick look at it so you get familiar with the concept and understand all the capabilites of AILRP before you start tweaking default values, etc.

All the best,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Hello Simbol,

Before I read your entire response, just to clarify:

1.) Thanks for this great support !!! 😀
2.) The effects look really great - I'm really looking forward to it....
3.) I just wanted to explain my apparent impatience - hope I wasn't too energetic:
    For 30 years I'm mainly just tinkering with various flight simulators !
    Actually I wanted to fly once.... 😉🤣

I'll get back to you as soon as I've tried your tips - unfortunately I have to do something urgent at work now...

regards
ggerolamo

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

Hi ggerolamo,

No problem, we have all the time in the world, I just want you to be able to enjoy the product as much as posible.

All the best,

S.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

I would recommend you to change AILRP as follow:

1) With P3D closed, got to the AILRP configuration panel and set the interface to "EXPERT".

2) Change the scaling technique to FSReborn instead of default (select HD if you do not have a 4K monitor, if you have a 4K monitor then select 4K). This will modify P3D to scale "lights" more accurately, basically it will force P3D to uses distances and other simulator variables to change the size of lights particles instead of just using pixel sizes as P3D does by default. This is more accurate and realistic.

3) Click Save.

I have already done all this....

3 hours ago, simbol said:

4) Follow the wizard..

5) Now you will see a list of AI models to select from on the right side during preview, if you select a particular model.. AILRP will inject only this AI models so you can tweak the effects using it.

What wizard ?

When I select a certain AI model I always get an 'unhandeled exception' - I already created a new cameras.cfg (without chasplane cameras)....

But unfortunately always the same result:

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at FSRebornAILightsConfig.Configuration.gYadkgIfBK(Object  , ToolTipOpeningEventArgs  )
   at Syncfusion.WinForms.DataGrid.SfDataGrid.RaiseCellToolTipShowingEvent(ToolTipOpeningEventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.WinForms.DataGrid.GridHandler.ShowToolTip(DataRowBase dataRow, RowColumnIndex rowColumnIndex, Point cursorPosition)
   at Syncfusion.WinForms.DataGrid.GridHandler.OnMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Syncfusion.WinForms.Controls.SfScrollControl.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Syncfusion.WinForms.Controls.SfScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AI Lights Reborn Professional
    Assembly Version: 1.25.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.25.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
FSRebornUIControls
    Assembly Version: 1.25.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.25.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/FSRebornUIControls.DLL
Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.WinForms
    Assembly Version: 18.1460.0.52
    Win32 Version: 18.1460.0.52
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.WinForms.DLL
Syncfusion.Shared.Base
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/Syncfusion.Shared.Base.DLL
Syncfusion.Data.WinForms
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/Syncfusion.Data.WinForms.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Syncfusion.Core.WinForms
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/Syncfusion.Core.WinForms.DLL
Syncfusion.GridCommon.WinForms
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/Syncfusion.GridCommon.WinForms.DLL
Syncfusion.SfInput.WinForms
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/Syncfusion.SfInput.WinForms.DLL
Syncfusion.SfListView.WinForms
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/Syncfusion.SfListView.WinForms.DLL
Syncfusion.DataSource.WinForms
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/Syncfusion.DataSource.WinForms.DLL
LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect
    Assembly Version: 4.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.DLL
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.106.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.106.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
MadMilkman.Ini
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.6.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Prepar3D/Prepar3D%20Tools/AI%20Lights%20Reborn%20Professional%20Edition/MadMilkman.Ini.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

regards

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

10 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

When I select a certain AI model I always get an 'unhandeled exception' - I already created a new cameras.cfg (without chasplane cameras)....

This is an issue with tooltips, I will work on a fix.. can you try just clicking the AI model name before selecting preview? to see if it works?

S.

31 minutes ago, simbol said:

This is an issue with tooltips, I will work on a fix.. can you try just clicking the AI model name before selecting preview? to see if it works?

Yes, that's how it works - I've done it that way so far!
However, I can no longer change a model - as soon as I move the mouse over the program interface (without clicking on anything) the program unfortunately crashes !

But at least for one model the preview display works, but unfortunately I can't change the model anymore...

Is the respective setting then only for the corresponding model or the whole group ?

regards

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

23 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

Is the respective setting then only for the corresponding model or the whole group ?

Group, you can create more groups and then set settings for all models in a Group.

I will try to replicate the crash tooltip issue and fix it by next week,

S.

All right, thanks again for your help !

regards

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

On 12/11/2020 at 6:06 PM, ggerolamo said:

ggerolamo

Ggerolamo,

I am unable to replicate the issue with the tool tips:

Yz6PiTb.png

Can you tell me what version of Windows 10 you have? also what Language is your base operating system, etc.? maybe one of these variables is the cause, etc.

Regards,
S.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

what version of Windows 10 you have? also what Language is your base operating system, etc.?

I have the actual version of
Windows 10 Pro (Version  20H2)
My base operating system language is German !
Do you need any other info ?

regards 
ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

On 12/12/2020 at 11:49 PM, ggerolamo said:

I have the actual version of
Windows 10 Pro (Version  20H2)
My base operating system language is German !
Do you need any other info ?

regards 
ggerolamo

Thanks, I will see if I find a way to replicate the issue.. a bit puzzled here..

S.

@ggerolamo

@Kaiii3 and other German users of AI Lights Reborn pro are trying to help me to replicate this error but we are unable, the tool tips are working as expected.

Can you tell me what antivirus are you using? thinking this could be a factor..

S.