Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave YVR ATC

Reinstall XP too many times.

Well have any of you ever intallled XP too many times and got the message that the code in no longer valid? Well, I did. Basically it is like the software wrapper that Flight1 uses. I had to call Microsoft and get a new code to install windows. I can't tell you if the origional code will work next time as I havn't reinstalled windows again. Different.JimCYWG

I purchased XP Home the day it came out, working in the software industry I was interested. We all went to best buy and I bought it. Went home after work and tried to install and activate, and it said my key was already used! LOL! So I called Microsoft, and they basically accused me of being a software pirate. If I didnt get a good deal on an OEM version of xp professional (without that stupid activation) I would never have bought a microsoft OS again.

WOW. That's neat man. That code was out earlier than I would have thought. I don't mind the activation, I just hope the next activation will go smooth without having to phone Seatle, or wherever. The guy I was talking to I don't think realized that the code had expired. I think it takes 40 or so installes to deactivate the code. Yes you would.JimCYWG

Guest Dave YVR ATC

I format my system usually every 10 weeks or so (just nice to have a fresh system and clean out the crap) and I've found I have to call MS to revalidate my key every 6th time (or some other major hardware change).I've also had them ask me for the serial # on my cd to ensure it's a valid copy that was assigned to that key. It's no big deal I find as long as it's not too long of a wait to get through to the rep.