Sign in to follow this  
Malc

What has happened A20 NEO ??

After being able to take off and land at my selected airports using the pre programmed flight for many weeks, I now find that this no longer works. I take off either with the first officer or me taking the controls when I selected auto pilot in the past the flight is controlled and takes me to the destinated airport and on final I took control and landed successfully. This no longer works, after take off when I select "auto pilot" the aircraft no longer takes the correct route and the aircraft just turns right non stop until it loses height and spins to the ground. I have spent hours doing every option on the flight control panel and the options. What went wrong ?? I have selected just about everything in the options and nothing changes please help !

2 hours ago, UKflyer said:

same, stick to the FBW 320 the default is shockingly bad

Sorry to be thick but not sure what you mean, what is the FBW 320 ? I only have A320 Neo.

Solved it !! the issue was in my joy stick / throttle control,🤪     don't ask.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Malc said:

Solved it !! the issue was in my joy stick / throttle control,🤪     don't ask.

Could you be more specific? It may be useful for others.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

3 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Could you be more specific? It may be useful for others.

If you alter the "sensitivity" on the joy stick it affects the operation of the aircraft much more than I anticipated, Yes of course I should have known but I am learning by my mistakes and boy have I made some, but no crashes in the last couple of weeks so getting better.   Unable to find the TOGA  button as yet.

3 hours ago, Malc said:

If you alter the "sensitivity" on the joy stick it affects the operation of the aircraft much more than I anticipated, Yes of course I should have known but I am learning by my mistakes and boy have I made some, but no crashes in the last couple of weeks so getting better.   Unable to find the TOGA  button as yet.

Maybe, but it's still a bug if no perceivable input on the throttle or flight control surfaces affect the autopilot. In fact, in order to disable the A/P you have to move the stick to a large extent and that's how it is supposed to work. Microinputs should not affect it, and as far as the throttle is concerned, it is normal (and needed) to move it with the A/P and A/T engaged and should affect neither one.

And anyway, no "microinput" is delivered by my stick as I tried deadzones up to 15% and I have confirmed it graphically inside and outside MSFS. I am glad to understand that the issue is solved for you anyway. Hopefully it will be consistent.   

TO/GA throttle is simply full throttle, you may use it for the go-around phase or takeoff in case you have not set the FLEX parameters.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

On 12/13/2020 at 7:46 PM, MrFuzzy said:

Maybe, but it's still a bug if no perceivable input on the throttle or flight control surfaces affect the autopilot. In fact, in order to disable the A/P you have to move the stick to a large extent and that's how it is supposed to work. Microinputs should not affect it, and as far as the throttle is concerned, it is normal (and needed) to move it with the A/P and A/T engaged and should affect neither one.

And anyway, no "microinput" is delivered by my stick as I tried deadzones up to 15% and I have confirmed it graphically inside and outside MSFS. I am glad to understand that the issue is solved for you anyway. Hopefully it will be consistent.   

TO/GA throttle is simply full throttle, you may use it for the go-around phase or takeoff in case you have not set the FLEX parameters.

Thanks MR Fuzzy,  more or less have the sensitivity sorted now.  Problem I am getting now on short final on ILS with my speed set around 140 and speed hold on about 4 miles from touchdown the speed increases to 150 / 160 and I am unable to land on the runway centre line. If I switch auto pilot off to land manually there is only a tiny movement in the aircraft when I operate the airleons and I miss landing. Strange thing it does not happen every time so I just do not understand what is happening and what I am doing wrong. I have tried a slower speed and that makes it worse as the aircraft will not respond to my controls at slower speeds. Do you think it might be in the the sensitivity again to get more response.? Sorry to have gone on a bit but so close to getting it correct. Cheers, malc

13 minutes ago, Malc said:

Thanks MR Fuzzy,  more or less have the sensitivity sorted now.  Problem I am getting now on short final on ILS with my speed set around 140 and speed hold on about 4 miles from touchdown the speed increases to 150 / 160 and I am unable to land on the runway centre line. If I switch auto pilot off to land manually there is only a tiny movement in the aircraft when I operate the airleons and I miss landing. Strange thing it does not happen every time so I just do not understand what is happening and what I am doing wrong. I have tried a slower speed and that makes it worse as the aircraft will not respond to my controls at slower speeds. Do you think it might be in the the sensitivity again to get more response.? Sorry to have gone on a bit but so close to getting it correct. Cheers, malc

I don't think the issue is related to the sensitivity of the throttle: if the autothrottle is engaged, the speed set must be maintained as long as the throttle is in CLB position (unless physically impossible, but that's not the case if the aircraft is correctly configured for landing).

I just did a Boston - NY flight and everything worked perfectly during landing with A/T, throttle on CLB, speed set to 140, full flaps; I just disengaged the A/P at 200 ft altitude and finished the landing with idle throttle.

Maybe it's another bug, as you wrote this behavior is inconsistent...

Cheers!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

I don't think the issue is related to the sensitivity of the throttle: if the autothrottle is engaged, the speed set must be maintained as long as the throttle is in CLB position (unless physically impossible, but that's not the case if the aircraft is correctly configured for landing).

I just did a Boston - NY flight and everything worked perfectly during landing with A/T, throttle on CLB, speed set to 140, full flaps; I just disengaged the A/P at 200 ft altitude and finished the landing with idle throttle.

Maybe it's another bug, as you wrote this behavior is inconsistent...

Cheers!

Many Thanks Mr Fuzzy, sorry to be dumb but what does CLB mean ? Thanks for your help btw.

37 minutes ago, Malc said:

Many Thanks Mr Fuzzy, sorry to be dumb but what does CLB mean ? Thanks for your help btw.

CL is climb position, you normally put the throttle in this position after take-off, which can be done either in TO/GA (take-off / go-around) or in FLX/MCT position (to save fuel).

See here:

0f4f05015d1182abf5a8364433eec1faa0c63857

On 12/16/2020 at 6:06 AM, MrFuzzy said:

CL is climb position, you normally put the throttle in this position after take-off, which can be done either in TO/GA (take-off / go-around) or in FLX/MCT position (to save fuel).

See here:

0f4f05015d1182abf5a8364433eec1faa0c63857

Brilliant, got it, now taking off and landing perfectly, still wobbly on touch down to follow the centre line but I now change to first officer to complete the operation who arrives at the gate perfectly. My next mission is to make a flight plan to take off from the stand, ie push back etc.( how do I do that ? ) Thanks for your help Mr Fuzzy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malc said:

Brilliant, got it, now taking off and landing perfectly, still wobbly on touch down to follow the centre line but I now change to first officer to complete the operation who arrives at the gate perfectly. My next mission is to make a flight plan to take off from the stand, ie push back etc.( how do I do that ? ) Thanks for your help Mr Fuzzy

You have to select departure at the gate or parking instead of runway. In this way you will have the aircraft "cool and dark" and will have to do all the procedures for the startup, request pushback, clearance, etc.

Press SHIFT+C to see the checklist for guidance.

Edited by MrFuzzy

Glad you're all sorted. You should still download the free FBW mod discussed above though  - even if you're not interested in the additional systems depth, it just flies better! And installing is a piece of cake. 

• Like 2

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM