Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

UK2000 Airports in P3D v5

I've never purchased UK2000 sceneries but plan to now as I don't own a single UK airport aside from EGLL by Aerosoft. I'm looking to buy Major airports (not the VFR series).

What would you recommend for Gatwick - Jennasoft or UK2000?

What would you recommend buying instead or in addition to ORBX offers?

ORBX offer New Castle, Leeds, Edinburgh, East Midlands and Bristol (by Pilot Plus).

Thanks for any valueable tips before I decide!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I don't have any of the Orbx ones, my impression was Edinburgh had some performance issues and Bristol had some quality issues?

I can say I have all the UK2000 airports and they work well in P3Dv5HF1, albeit they don't take advantage of all the P3D features that they could ie sloped runways, PBR...

Do your research and decide whichever meets your needs or not. 🙂

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Can anyone recommend Belfast City Airport?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

15 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Orbx egph is awful at night. 

Some of Orbx add-ons are Gold Standard, but a lot of there products are just above Bog Standard. EDDT ( Gaya ) is a pig in performance and elevation issues.  The "Big Hole" between the runways etc.

I stick to the gold standard developers now, like FlightBeam, FSDT etc.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Personally I really quite like UK2000. It's definitely true that many of their airports, part of the "Extreme" series, are looking rather dated, definitely alongside the likes of FlyTampa's, FSDT's or FlightBeam's recent offerings. However, to me, graphical fidelity is not the 'be all end all'. Arguably, JustSim makes some very nice-looking airports that, nevertheless, feel empty and somewhat 'generic' to me. I could not tell you what makes the difference but despite their age, I have a strong liking to UK2000 airports because they have a certain atmosphere to them. That said, I do not like all of them. I enjoy UK2000's HD range (Luton, Bristol, Inverness), which are most recent, and I like all the Scottish "Extreme" airports, as well as a smattering from other place sin the UK, I'm not a big fan of their Manchester. Their Belfast is also not on my list of top favorites (not to be confused with Belfast City, which I like better).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Personally I really quite like UK2000. It's definitely true that many of their airports, part of the "Extreme" series, are looking rather dated, definitely alongside the likes of FlyTampa's, FSDT's or FlightBeam's recent offerings. However, to me, graphical fidelity is not the 'be all end all'. Arguably, JustSim makes some very nice-looking airports that, nevertheless, feel empty and somewhat 'generic' to me. I could not tell you what makes the difference but despite their age, I have a strong liking to UK2000 airports because they have a certain atmosphere to them. That said, I do not like all of them. I enjoy UK2000's HD range (Luton, Bristol, Inverness), which are most recent, and I like all the Scottish "Extreme" airports, as well as a smattering from other place sin the UK, I'm not a big fan of their Manchester. Their Belfast is also not on my list of top favorites (not to be confused with Belfast City, which I like better).

I have a lot of time for UK2000. Gary is one of the better devs at communicating with his customers and being straightforward and honest about what he can do, what he can't, what he will do, and what it doesn't make economic sense for him to do. Back in the day when payware airports in the UK were thin on the ground, UK2000 was a lifeline for people who wanted to fly around here. His EGLC Xtreme is the only commercial version of what is the closest airport to London that works in P3Dv5 and while he never absolutely guarantees that every airport of his will be updated for P3D vNext, they always have been and usually very quickly. Compare and contrast with... certain other bigger developers (phew... rant avoided!). Yes, EGLC and the Xtreme range in general looks dated but it's so much better than the FTX or True Earth stock versions, and light years ahead of the P3D default. The UK VFR airfields packs give you dozens of UK airports that will almost certainly never be stand-alone projects (I mean: Land's End? Newquay? Coventry?), at a significantly better level of detail than any of the stock versions. Yes, it's all last-gen stuff with no PBR etc but if you want coverage in the UK, UK2000 has you covered. 

That said, the Xtreme series is still FSX-level stuff ported to P3D and with the exception of dynamic lighting I don't think they take advantage of any of the extra graphical bells and whistles available. The animations at EGLC (the DLR trains etc) don't work in 64-bit P3D, for example, and they're probably never going to work. The HD series is much better - I really enjoy Luton HD - and Gary has more or less indicated that he will rebuild most if not all of the Xtreme series in HD... eventually. He's still supporting P3D. Yes, he's riding the MSFS train like almost all the 3PDs right now and that's understandable, but at least he's honest about his priorities.

Big thumbs up from me for UK2000. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

He may be riding the MSFS train for some time with it going DX12.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

11 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

......The UK VFR airfields packs give you dozens of UK airports that will almost certainly never be stand-alone projects (I mean: Land's End? Newquay? Coventry?), at a significantly better level of detail than any of the stock versions.....

UK2000 Newquay Xtreme was very close to the top of the list until that annoying Microsoft Flight Simulator appeared. Sadly, it has been pushed down the list now because (quite understandably) Gary needs to prioritise those airports that are going to make him the most money after what has been a very difficult year for addon developers.

C'est la vie.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

19 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

The UK VFR airfields packs give you dozens of UK airports that will almost certainly never be stand-alone projects (I mean: Land's End? Newquay? Coventry?), at a significantly better level of detail than any of the stock versions. Yes, it's all last-gen stuff with no PBR etc but if you want coverage in the UK, UK2000 has you covered. 

Do the UK VFR packages works in P3Dv5?

From the UK2000 site it looks like they are not kept up to date anymore.

Cheers

Vvince

Edited by vvince

35 minutes ago, vvince said:

Do the UK VFR packages works in P3Dv5?

From the UK2000 site it looks like they are not kept up to date anymore.

Cheers

Vvince

I don`t think Gary intends to update them he reduced the price some time ago.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

I don`t think Gary intends to update them he reduced the price some time ago.

Thanks.

What a pity...

Edited by vvince

On 12/13/2020 at 3:56 PM, Benjamin J said:

I'm not a big fan of their Manchester. 

Is there an alternate version of Manchester that you prefer?  I'm possibly in the market for an EGCC...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Is there an alternate version of Manchester that you prefer?  I'm possibly in the market for an EGCC...

Well, Aerosoft published a Manchester at some point, but I'm not sure how good it is and I doubt it'll get updated for v5. So I would say UK2000 is the only one available. Don't get me wrong: it's not bad, but it does quite clearly show its age in a way that some of his other older sceneries do not. For example, I find UK2000 EGLC to be quite good and rather performance friendly, despite being from 2012 (!).

If Gary does remake EGCC, I'm fairly sure there will be a discount for Extreme range owners as well, which is currently on sale itself at UK2000's Christmas sale.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

it's not bad, but it does quite clearly show its age in a way that some of his other older sceneries do not. For example, "

I am fascinated by this common phrase "showing its age". You say for " example" but then you don't give an example, you just compare it to another scenery, which many do not have.

I have had EGCC for some years and it is still perfectly OK for me. The layout seems correct, the frequencies allow me to approach and land OK and the taxiways tie up with my moving map. What more do you expect, where is it lacking? PBR? Fancier buildings?

Not pointing fingers, just interested.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.