Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

UK2000 Airports in P3D v5

31 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

it's not bad, but it does quite clearly show its age in a way that some of his other older sceneries do not. For example, "

I am fascinated by this common phrase "showing its age". You say for " example" but then you don't give an example, you just compare it to another scenery, which many do not have.

I have had EGCC for some years and it is still perfectly OK for me. The layout seems correct, the frequencies allow me to approach and land OK and the taxiways tie up with my moving map. What more do you expect, where is it lacking? PBR? Fancier buildings?

Not pointing fingers, just interested.

The example comes right after it...  but I wasn’t giving examples of features, rather of an airport I like that is just as old. My point being that age doesn’t necessarily mean anything. To your latter “question”, as I said before, it’s about atmosphere. What constitutes an effective atmosphere I don’t know, but some developers manage to create it and others don’t. Those that often do, for me at least, are UK2000, FlyTampa and FlightBeam. This is not so much about graphics (though of course it helps), but what it IS about I find hard to put my finger on.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

OK. Fair enough.

That doesn't matter to me, so long as it corresponds to the charts and is recognisable (if I have been there), that is sufficient.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

16 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

[Insert dev name here] needs to prioritise those airports that are going to make him the most money after what has been a very difficult year for addon developers.

I find it interesting that developers now have to scramble and adhere to the same thing that made their year so difficult...

(Sorry for going off topic...)

Edited by d.tsakiris

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

11 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

OK. Fair enough.

That doesn't matter to me, so long as it corresponds to the charts and is recognisable (if I have been there), that is sufficient.

I would squarely categorize this under 'to each their own' 🙂 

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On my system, UK2000 Belfast Xtreme is not compatible with ORBX EU N.Ireland in both P3Dv4.5 and FSX-SE. 

I had to remove all EGAA containing files from the ORBX folders. Only then did the UK2000 scenery show correctly.

I can understand that it's just not economically feasible to update airport sceneries all the time to fit the whims of other designers.  Gary's work has been invaluable over many years for those of us who fly UK and Ireland.

Supporter.png

John

For those of you hoping for a newer UK2000 Manchester you will be in for a long wait I fear.

T2 has been extended and T1 will be radically changed. Until this work has been completed it won’t be possible for it to be modelled. Sometimes it’s best not knowing what changes are being made to your local airports.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've scoured wherever I could think of just to figure out a way to get GSX/SODE jetways un LHR extreme.  I guess I'm blind and can't seem to find a file anywhere.  The scenery itself seems to work OK in v5 for me.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

45 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

I've scoured wherever I could think of just to figure out a way to get GSX/SODE jetways un LHR extreme.  I guess I'm blind and can't seem to find a file anywhere.  The scenery itself seems to work OK in v5 for me.

Doesn't this one work?
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24557.0.html

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For those of you hoping for a newer UK2000 Manchester you will be in for a long wait I fear.

T2 has been extended and T1 will be radically changed. Until this work has been completed it won’t be possible for it to be modelled. Sometimes it’s best not knowing what changes are being made to your local airports.

A rare occasion we agree on something. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

I think that people need to understand that airports for flight simulation are a "snapshot in time". I do not mind if an airport is rendered "mid construction" if the overall level of detail and texture quality is significantly improved over the original version. However, the developer should also not be put under any pressure to "update" the airport just because further development has taken place.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

On my system, UK2000 Belfast Xtreme is not compatible with ORBX EU N.Ireland in both P3Dv4.5 and FSX-SE. 

I had to remove all EGAA containing files from the ORBX folders. Only then did the UK2000 scenery show correctly.

Nothing new there. Orbx upgrade the default airports in their regions, but you need to disable them manually if you want to use a higher fidelity 3rd party scenery.  Would be nice if Orbx provided a tool to easily do that for you but they dont.  That said it's not hard to look in the scenery folder and disable individual files for the airport in question.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I think that people need to understand that airports for flight simulation are a "snapshot in time". I do not mind if an airport is rendered "mid construction" if the overall level of detail and texture quality is significantly improved over the original version. However, the developer should also not be put under any pressure to "update" the airport just because further development has taken place.

You *have* met the Flight Sim community, haven't you?

It's unacceptable to some people that lines on the apron aren't a 100% match to reality, let alone that a scenery is left 'unfinished'/'unusable' because new real world construction has rendered a "snapshot in time" outdated.

cf. YBBN, EHAM and KORD among many, many other similar complaints.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

40 minutes ago, F737NG said:

It's unacceptable to some people that lines on the apron aren't a 100% match to reality

Don't forget runway centrelines!  Look, it's good we want accuracy, whether or not we get it is another story entirely.  Some Devs are good at correcting issues, some aren't and others are a mixed bag.  I recall Gary Summons response to me telling him that car park lighting poles weren't in their correct positions at EGGP, and him saying noone caress it's a flight simulator not a world simulator.  In the light of MSFS that seems horribly shortsighted now! Gaya simulations did their recent Norway scenery Flesland, and it had a load of problems.  Some they fixed but others they left unaddressed.  I don't feel there's anything wrong with asking for the best quality, just no point in whinging if it doesn't materialise.  My choice is just not to buy again from Devs who don't seem to care a hot if something's clearly not right.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

The latest I've heard is Manchester's T2 will be remaining closed until the end of the year, so you're realistically able to ignore that part of the airfield and just park at T1 for the time being.

Luckily  for me T1 also has a Greggs for a post flight vegan sausage roll.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Those Vegan sausage rolls are better than the normal ones.....and I am no vegan.

As for Kevin's comment about runway centrelines.....well, I hate misaligned runway centrelines! In fact, I hate misaligned anything. Probably a bit of OCD, but I don't care. I have been asking ORBx to correct the misaligned runway centreline markings at EGPN Dundee for a year, but so far nothing has materialised. I have also gone back to the FSX version of the freeware ACG RAF Coningsby because the runway centreline markings of the new (custom texture) version are unacceptably misaligned for me.

Are you seeing a pattern yet? :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png