Sign in to follow this  
ryma

Can't get a connection between Little Navmap and iMac

I can't get a local connection between Little Navmap and my iMac OSX Catalina.
The plugin Little Navconnect is in the usual directory.
Does the app Little Navconnect.app have to be started additionally? Do additional settings have to be made?

Edited by ryma

Hi,

you don't need Navconnect if you run LNM and the simulator on the same computer.
For X-Plane you have to install the Xpconnect plugin which is included in the downloaded Zip archive.

You probably have to clear the quarantine flag for Xpconnect after installing in "X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins":
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/INSTALLATION.html#first-start-on-macos

This is often the issue on Catalina or Big Sur.

Alex

Now the connection works. I had an older version 2.4.x loaded somewhere. Now with the current version the connection works.
Thank you for the quick support.

Hi Alex, in version 2.6.6 I lost the connection between the FSX computer and the laptop with Little Navmap. I don't have the old version installed. Maybe I need to change something in AppData /../ ABarthel?
greetings
Wojtek

Just now, wbober said:

Hi Alex, in version 2.6.6 I lost the connection between the FSX computer and the laptop with Little Navmap. I don't have the old version installed. Maybe I need to change something in AppData /../ ABarthel?

Hmmm... What means "lost connection"? An error message?
As I said above. Update all programs. Navmap, Navconnect and Xpconnect if you use X-Plane. They are all included in the downloaded Zip..

Alex

In the older version of Little Navconnect, after connecting, it displays the ip number of the laptop, in 2.6.6. I don't have it now. I have FSX.

36 minutes ago, wbober said:

In the older version of Little Navconnect, after connecting, it displays the ip number of the laptop, in 2.6.6. I don't have it now. I have FSX.

Navconnect did not change at all in this regard. It still shows the IP and computer name(s). Screenshot? Log file?
FSX should be no issue. I still use it for testing.

Alex

I already fixed. After installation 2.6.6. i had some mess in AppData /../ ABarthel. I did clean and now it's ok. Thanks for the quick reply.
Regards
Wojtek

19 minutes ago, wbober said:

I already fixed. After installation 2.6.6. i had some mess in AppData /../ ABarthel. I did clean and now it's ok. Thanks for the quick reply.

Glad it's fixed. Happy flying!