Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Milviz twitch live stream

Hey guus, 

Anyone followed the twitch live Milviz 1 or 2 days ago? Would you know what was said roughly? 

Thanks a lot 🙂

Edited by leprechaunlive

I listened to the entire broadcast a couple of hours ago and failed to take away anything concrete.  The theme of the broadcast was Milviz is having great difficulty working with MFS2020 and progress is at a snails pace. I understand the show was recorded and will end up on YouTube soon.  I think I heard that Milviz is going to work on P3D projects to keep a little cash flow coming in.  I also heard that it could be mid year 2021 before something is ready for MFS2020, but I missed which plane or planes they were discussing.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I did understand the B737-200C is not moving forward because of the lack of an FMS in MFS2020.  Milviz said is may be possible to build the 737 with  a VOR system, but, who wants that?  Not me.  Disappointing.

Ray

18 minutes ago, raymar said:

I did understand the B737-200C is not moving forward because of the lack of an FMS in MFS2020.  Milviz said is may be possible to build the 737 with  a VOR system, but, who wants that?  Not me.  Disappointing.

Ray

I actually got a link from a friend and managed to get most of it. So yea. First the 310 early new year, then few months later the Porter. Then the Otter. And possibly in beetween those the 737.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raymar said:

Ray

a little offtopic

you can use the Milviz 732c in combination with the add on ISG1's panels

For example, combine a Honeywell's GNS-XLS FMS with a small EFS50_EHSI very similar to what you see in this video.

Anyway, I assure you that flying conventional IFR, that is, with VOR/DME is quite entertaining.

regards

http://www.isgsim.com/?page=fms

http://www.isgsim.com/?page=ehsi

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, E69_Brisafresca said:

a little offtopic

you can use the Milviz 732c in combination with the add on ISG1's panels

For example, combine a Honeywell's GNS-XLS FMS with a small EFS50_EHSI very similar to what you see in this video.

Anyway, I assure you that flying conventional IFR, that is, with VOR/DME is quite entertaining.

regards

No doubt, maybe Milviz will start with a work around like this and upgrade or update the panel when MFS2020 supports a bonafide FMS.  I think Colin said he was interested in what the community thinks of this type of fix.  I would go along with it, depending on the total cost to get it flying with the 3rd party gauges.  Thanks for the info.

Ray

Unfortunately, MSFS has forced many developers to literally stop developing for all platforms. MSFS platform is not fully mature for them, so they can't develop; sales for other sims have dropped, so have revenues. Unless they get creative, they run the risk of not receiving any income for a long time. I'd be perfectly happy with a Milvitz b737 lite that can be upgraded later. It may not be the perfect solution, but it may keep the income coming while making the increasing large base of msfs users happy to have some planes.

• Like 1

I can fly with CIVA 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, raymar said:

I did understand the B737-200C is not moving forward because of the lack of an FMS in MFS2020

I’m puzzled by this.  There is a default FMS in other aircraft (though I wouldn’t think they’d want to use a stock FMS), and FBW has been able to do great work with the MCDU in the A320, so are they saying they can’t create their own FMS?

• Like 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I’m puzzled by this.  There is a default FMS in other aircraft (though I wouldn’t think they’d want to use a stock FMS), and FBW has been able to do great work with the MCDU in the A320, so are they saying they can’t create their own FMS?

My understanding is that they would have to use the existing MSFS MFD which, in their opinion, doesn't work well. They cannot create their own, since MSFS SDK is still unfinished and does not provide the tools for and outside, custom MDF.

10 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Hey guus, 

Anyone followed the twitch live Milviz 1 or 2 days ago? Would you know what was said roughly? 

Thanks a lot 🙂

Here is the link

Francisco Aguiar

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

I am too, im not really what they meant by that.Surely the CRJ is gonna have an FMS. And, we from FBW, that coding new lines and logic for a FMS is possible so maybe its just a money and time constraint for them. Dunno.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, flyforever said:

They cannot create their own, since MSFS SDK is still unfinished

IcemanFBW from the FBW team, who has looked at the SDK in depth, has said the SDK is complete if the developer is willing to use the new API, and use new coding methodology (ie. learn Javascript, etc): https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/590623-fbw-team-is-making-a-separate-ap-for-its-a320/?tab=comments#comment-4419833.

The issue is some 3rd party developers don't want to throw out all their code and learn the new API, learn Javascript, etc.  They want the SDK to magically convert all their legacy code so they don't have to do as much work.

• Like 8

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

46 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The issue is some 3rd party developers don't want to throw out all their code and learn the new API, learn Javascript, etc.  They want the SDK to magically convert all their legacy code so they don't have to do as much work.

Those MilViz dudes talk and look so outdated! 😄

Ok, RIP MilViz (next to PMDG).

Edited by OSM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OSM said:

Those MilViz dudes talk and look so outdated! 😄

Ok, RIP MilViz (next to PMDG).

They do? What is your idea of up to date , then?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.