Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Milviz twitch live stream

10 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I can fly with CIVA 🙂

Sure you can, but, we are not talking about X-Plane here.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

MV was even not willing to invest into an FMS for the p3d 737... What do you expect? I am a huge fan of the MV range and have nearly all of their stuff... But what can I fly atm with a dual setup of v5 and msfs? The KA is heavily bound to reallight and trueglass which make it barely usable in v5 with a moderate setup. And yes, the problem is exactly the paradigm shift in development for msfs. New tool sets needed, new programming skills etc... Training costs, new hirings needed... Especially the smaller devs have a problem with this... And some bigger are still not willing to make the step for various reasons... Still interesting times 😉

Cheers T.

Sounds like more of a case of won’t rather than can’t then.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

48 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Sounds like more of a case of won’t rather than can’t then.

To me also, and i dont know why but there was a kinda of strange vibe when they talked about the msfs public, like, not full on disrespectful, but kinda borderline. Maybe thats just me. 

16 hours ago, raymar said:

2 hours ago, raymar said:

Sure you can, but, we are not talking about X-Plane here.

I'm just saying CIVA version could be substitute for FMC 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

the only explanation might be that their military clients keep them busy, so there's less incentive to work on civilian aircrafts.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 1:54 AM, flyforever said:

Unfortunately, MSFS has forced many developers to literally stop developing for all platforms. MSFS platform is not fully mature for them, so they can't develop; sales for other sims have dropped, so have revenues. Unless they get creative, they run the risk of not receiving any income for a long time. I'd be perfectly happy with a Milvitz b737 lite that can be upgraded later. It may not be the perfect solution, but it may keep the income coming while making the increasing large base of msfs users happy to have some planes.

Not True X-Plane is still selling add-ons with inibuilds On the line A300 selling very well. Toliss A321 Neo Mod ($25) coming this week which is even includes the A321 XLR full neo simulation with the engine cooling etc, additional flaps on the XLR. 

All MSFS has done is push development back to Sims that have their flight model together. I really think so many are so blinded by the graphics that are willing to accept a downgrade in reality. Crazy but sex sells right?

This is somewhat of a strange position to take. Our CJ4 is about to have a totally new flight plan system, complete with stuff like vectors legs, proper discontinuities, intercept legs, the list goes on. Most procedures look totally correct to the charts, even with stock NavBlue data, because we're now parsing all the procedure data ourselves. The FMC is basically almost entirely new code, and has a has a pretty high degree of completeness.

The SDK is really no impediment with the right combination of JS/TS and C++/WASM. The soon to be released version of the CJ4, on top of the total navigational overhaul, will have a fully functional FADEC, full VNAV, RNAV with all the right sensitivities, including angular sensitivity for LPV, custom LNAV, and a bunch of other stuff.

I have no beef with MilViz, and they seem like great folks, but there seems to be a curious disconnect, just in my opinion.

-Matt

• Like 12

@MattNischan

Matt-

I read all you post, and one or two comments lately have given me pause.  I am SO GRATEFUL for what you are doing, that I have had a tough time expressing any opposing viewpoint.

All I can suggest, is that the "established" developers have had someone move their cheese, and are therefore struggling to find a way to do what they are used to doing. Depending on SDK growth, that may or may not be possible. In the ensuing several months, some will re-adjust (slowly, kicking and screaming), some will wait ad nauseam and go out of business, and some will simply lose their way.  The difference between those unfettered as you and your team are, and someone who has an obligatory payroll is significant. I therefore understand your position, but also understand their frustrations and recalcitrance to move to completely new methodologies.

This is the first time in the Sim's history (other than at SOH where there are some truly gifted and altruistic people who have done STELLAR work over decades) that so many talented individuals are using their gifts with immediate community benefit.

To you, and so many others, I remain obliged.

C

PS- after reading about the forthcoming "functional FADEC, full VNAV, RNAV with all the right sensitivities, including angular sensitivity for LPV, custom LNAV" I will be trying out the CJ4 for the first time today 🙂

• Like 4

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

6 hours ago, MattNischan said:

a curious disconnect

As I've said before, it's the kind of disconnect that opponents of Mike Tyson experienced. One minute they are strutting around in the ring, the next they're on the floor, wondering what the hell happened and where their career went.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MattNischan said:

This is somewhat of a strange position to take. Our CJ4 is about to have a totally new flight plan system, complete with stuff like vectors legs, proper discontinuities, intercept legs, the list goes on. Most procedures look totally correct to the charts, even with stock NavBlue data, because we're now parsing all the procedure data ourselves. The FMC is basically almost entirely new code, and has a has a pretty high degree of completeness.

The SDK is really no impediment with the right combination of JS/TS and C++/WASM. The soon to be released version of the CJ4, on top of the total navigational overhaul, will have a fully functional FADEC, full VNAV, RNAV with all the right sensitivities, including angular sensitivity for LPV, custom LNAV, and a bunch of other stuff.

I have no beef with MilViz, and they seem like great folks, but there seems to be a curious disconnect, just in my opinion.

-Matt

But does all this have an effect on FPS. Because the A32NX mod eats FPS for me. Default A320 40-60fps, the Flyby wire mod is sometimes less than 20

5 minutes ago, a321 said:

But does all this have an effect on FPS. Because the A32NX mod eats FPS for me. Default A320 40-60fps, the Flyby wire mod is sometimes less than 20

That has nothing to do with WASM, that just an issue from JS that need optimisations, FBW folks are aware of it 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just watched a bit of this video, I think these folks are bit hesitant to change and adopt the change, also what is with that 32-bit and fly on rail claims lol 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

That some excellent developers seem to be (for lack of a better word) paralyzed by MSFS strikes me as something of a tragic, if predictable, development. There are those like PMDG who seem to be playing a game of chicken with Asobo (adapt to our standards so we can quickly/cheaply port our existing code, or else we'll take our ball and go home), and those like Milviz who frankly just seem to be deer stuck in the headlights.

I hope for our sake and theirs that some of these "holdout" developers recognize that they either adapt -- as cumbersome as that may be for them -- or die. Like it or not, the P3D/FSX market isn't going to pay their bills any longer. That ship sailed almost a year ago.

Hoping and waiting for Asobo to give them exactly what they want doesn't seem like much of a business strategy even for PMDG, let alone for developers further down the food chain...

James

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1