Sign in to follow this  
sobor

MSFS2020 flight simulator very disappointing

I have been trying to get the aircraft in MSfs2020 to work. I don’t feel there is a reasonable IFR aircraft available. The small VRF aircraft flown by hand, operate OK but are so slow you really can’t go anywhere. The scenery is impressive, but the weather is very unreliable, and the map nav waypoints are often incorrect. I don’t know when or if Navigraph will work with MSFS2020.

The autopilots track for a while, but often the aileron and rudder trims are not set correctly. If you touch anything to correct, the aircraft will go into an uncontrollable spiral. The plane rarely follows a course set precisely. I must say the new A320 update did give some improvement, but the ILS is still unreliable.

I know there will be improvements, but so far, the upgrades have made things worse.

Covid restrictions mean more time for flying. I wish the “simulator” would do its job correctly.

• Upvote 1

There are plenty IFR certified airplanes in MSFS. Navigraph beta is available for those who want to test it. Fly By Wire A320 is an excellent substitute for default A320. Even as work in progress flies beautifully.

Before posting your next  frustration search forum. You will find a lot of useful information, mods, and tweaks for live weather 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Why bother replying, same old same old

• Like 17
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

MSFS does have a lot of deffects. But, for me, it is the most inmersive flight sim. And I have tried many, believe me. I am waiting for the deffects to be corrected, but I don´t feel like going back. I made a few short flights in my area (and I am not American)  in X-plane a couple of days ago. I really love that sim, but I don´t feel like I am in a real flight. I do now, with all the deffects. Would a I wish an X-plane with the visual inmersiveness of MSFS2020? Yes, for sure, but, at present time, this is the best. With all its defects. Do you have to look for go arounds? Yes. But still...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Why bother replying, same old same old

Lets not be hard on him. He seems new.

If he was an old timer, I would have given him hell! 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 4

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The OP is correct from an airliner point of view.

However, it is what it is.

It has a great selection of quite different default small planes, tail wheels, tricycles,  floats, singles, twins, pistons (some with fixed props and some not) turbo props and jets, high wing, low wing. Everything from bush bashing to small business jets and they all all fly differently.

It does NOT, and may not for quite a few years, have an extensive selection of fully functional airliners with complex systems and full IFR. Probably because, for the mass market they are trying to appeal to, all the airliners will basically be seen as the same button pushing procedures in a different cockpit. Though it does not help that even the airliners we do have and the IFR are currently broken.

I suspect the emphasis on a huge variety of different small planes is partially deliberate, even the (slightly controversial) marketing videos are emphasising VFR and small aircraft. The marketing people seem to have decided that the study level airliner fly IFR at FL350 thing is a niche market compared to VFR in something small (and they may be right) .

Personally I love the little stuff and think the sim is great but I can also understand how someone who is not into stick and rudder real world VFR flying could be frustrated.

To be honest my current wish list is a bit crazy I want even more variety a Stearman, a Kodiak, a Staggerwing, a Super Constellation and maybe  a Twin Otter just for starters. Other people want every variety of airbus ever made. Some say they will be happy with just the IFR and current airliners working properly, or just more realistic flight models.

Hopefully long term we will get all that and more but for now take it for what it is.

• Upvote 1

I guess all those IFR flights I have completed in various non-airliner aircraft didn't actually happen.  Guess I'll just give up and go back to FSX then.

Oh wait, nevermind!  Hehehe...

Clearly understand the poster's frustration. This is still a relatively NEW flight simulation and the flight modeling and instrumentation does have a ways to go yet. But if you recall, In the past, Microsoft would dump the flight sim onto the market place and NEVER, ever update it. Then 3 or 4 years later, put a new one on the market for you to purchase.
What we are getting with MSFS 2020 are regular updates, I think 5 or 6 in the short period of time it has been out. I love the X-plane airplanes but the developer, there, is FOCUSED on flight dynamics. MSFS2020 came out with a focus on SCENERY and they out did themselves in my opinion. I was determined NOT to leave X-Plane and my ability to create gorgeous Ortho4XP scenery tiles. That passed pretty quickly when I saw one of the last promo videos, the animated waving grass, the trees. Wow. I am a Bush pilot, Low and slow it the way I go. So that type scenery drew me in, in a big way.
I believe the sim is headed in the right direction. Many 3rd party developers are creating mods (modifications) to airplanes on a regular basis. So I am very appreciative of what we have currently, believing it will continue to be better and better thanks to a great Flight Sim Community.
God, Give me patience and GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Edited by drmckee
  • Like 2

@sobor

Have you tried the TBM930? It flies well for both IFR and VFR. Stick with it and really learn/know the aircraft.

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

A few here seem to think it's stylish to pile on and denigrate someone who is expressing legit frustration with the sim.

It's not stylish, nor is it acceptable here.  Consider yourself forewarned.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 10

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

A few here seem to think it's stylish to pile on and denigrate someone who is expressing legit frustration with the sim.

The TBM works really good 

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

I made the same experience not too long ago. It's the same old elitist saying "Oh look, there's another greenhorn coming up! Let's show him how things are working here" thing and it contributes to my impression of the communtiy being just this way. Sad but true.

It'S hard for new people to get decent answers these days. Its more like "Next time use the seach function!", "I see where your post is coming from" but instead of actually helping someone they jump up on him and act like kids.

Anyway...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 hours ago, YMMB said:

Spot on and mostly forgotten or deliberately ignored…I think many have forgotten that FSX and followed by P3D have been out for a very, very long time and it's because of this that excellent 3rd party high quality aircraft have been able to exist for us to enjoy.

I only just remembered that when FSX first came out my PC couldn't run it above 10-15fps with anything above mid/low-level settings and I was forced to buy a new PC to even remotely enjoy it. It also took a long time for great 3rd party devs to get their aircraft running well within it.

The PC I now have runs MSFS better than P3D v5...I know that's not the same for others but it's an I7 7700K/1080Ti/32G ram at 4K with most things maxxed.  I do miss my PMDG 744/748/738 in MSFS and did start up P3D V5 last night....the cartoonish scenery (all ORBX) wasn't enjoyable and then the sim crashed with a DXGI  error.. my first ever after updating to the latest P3D version.  Until PMDG release their MSFS aircraft I'm happy to wait and enjoy a quick flight in different parts of the world.

+1

Exact my feelings in a similar situation with my pc!