Sign in to follow this  
bbking

FlyTampa Las Vegas released!

2 hours ago, honanhal said:

What percentage of gamers do you think are prepared to drop more than $1000 on a video card? What percentage of simmers?

Quite a lot I would imagine. Hence the lack of availability. Basically anyone that can afford one, purchases one. (Or maybe more than one, some have 2+) 

The Hot fix is for some of us who had CTD loading KLAS airport. The CTD issue is fixed now.

They are still working on the Performance issue with another fix which is not yet released as of now. No release date/time promised.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

The Hot fix is for some of us who had CTD loading KLAS airport. The CTD issue is fixed now.

They are still working on the Performance issue with another fix which is not yet released as of now. No release date/time promised.

There's an interim hotfix that's been added like others have said.  It addresses the performance issues.  Although not 100% yet there is an improvement with both the city and airport active.  Can't wait to see the final result.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Where is the hotfix if not purchased through the marketplace?

A quick scan on FT website and I didn't see it posted anywhere...

Is it an Official Hotfix?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

Just now, Kilo60 said:

A quick scan on FT website and I didn't see it posted anywhere...

Is it an Official Hotfix?

Thanks!

Go to the FlyTampa forums and look for the Vegas sub-forum.  You'll see it at the top, the title should be obvious (for MSFS).  He has all his scenery posts mixed in there so don't get confused with posts for Vegas 'XPlane11 edition'.  Look for 'MSFS' in the title.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Go to the FlyTampa forums and look for the Vegas sub-forum.  You'll see it at the top, the title should be obvious (for MSFS).  He has all his scenery posts mixed in there so don't get confused with posts for Vegas 'XPlane11 edition'.  Look for 'MSFS' in the title.

Thanks!

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Quite a lot I would imagine. Hence the lack of availability. Basically anyone that can afford one, purchases one. (Or maybe more than one, some have 2+) 

Bitcoin at $19,000+ isn't helping any. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

50 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

You can even go to the previous page of this discussion where you'll find a screenshot and a direct link to the Flytampa forum: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/591535-flytampa-las-vegas-released/?do=findComment&comment=4431210

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I can confirm the 2nd hotfix improves framerates. I now get 22 to 24fps in 4K High settings on my gtx1080 instead of a constant 11fps. So it shows several of us were very much right when we said there is more at play here causing the issue. Looks like the kitchen wasn't too hot afterall but your point got cooked 😂@DJJose

All jesting aside, I am getting CTD after a few minutes whereby even with the 11fps version 1.0, I was not getting any CTDs. Hopefully the full patch will resolve this when it is released.

In any case I can now see the potential for an amazing addon which hopefully we can all enjoy not just those who by chance have a compatible setup that avoids whatever is going on under the surface causing some of us issues.

• Upvote 1

Wait you're running 4k on a non Ti 1080?!  

There's your problem.  

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Earlier in this thread I had asked if anyone was curious about the performance with a 9900k and a 3090. So, at 4K with a cub, I ended up with about 50 fps at the airport to a worst case of about 35 fps very low in the middle of the strip. In a more complex plane like the Carenado Mooney, I got about 40 fps at the airport and about 25 fps in the middle of strip. Performance was not improved with the hotfix.

It seems pretty clear what is going on - at 4K VRAM usage was over 11 GB. This will bring all but a 3090 to a grinding halt. A switch to 1080 will solve the problem, of course. Interestingly, with the hotfix, VRAM usage was a little lower - around 10 GB. With this, I would expect that something like a 2080 ti or a 3080 would do better. Perhaps that is why some have observed better performance post hotfix. 

Anyway, this is a nice looking scenery which is well worth the $20. However, as it stands, 4K is a no-go unless you have a lot of VRAM. If FT wants mass appeal at 4K they really need to drop the VRAM usage to less than 10 GB.

As a side note, I don't believe that there are a lot of folks that will purchase a 3090 for gaming, because it isn't true that the 3090 is unavailable. A quick check on my local computer retailer's site shows plenty of in-store availability, although not of all variants, of course. In general, IMHO, people are simply not willing to pony up $1500 for a video card. I don't blame them. I purchased the 3090 for machine learning work and there is no way I could justify the expense for gaming.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I believe FlyTampa will fix this and VRAM over-usage is not on purpose. There is no way this addon even if it's relatively nice looking and detailed should be eating so much VRAM just for an airport and a small part of the city. At least not enough to challenge even a 3090 GPU. A few handcrafted buildings and an animated fountain should not cause such VRAM usage.

For some reason when I get close to the Bellagio Fountain, my frame rates drop back to 11fps even with the hotfix. For sure there are some strange things at play here that can most likely be resolved with a patch.

And they didn't realize this was happening before they released it? 😏

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

12 minutes ago, J0nx said:

And they didn't realize this was happening before they released it? 😏

According to the latest Steam HW survey, only 2.25% game at 4K and about 7% at 1440. I don't think they were too concerned about the high VRAM usage because the vast majority of users would not experience it. Those of us with higher end HW assume that everyone is seeking (or can afford) the same experience but that simply is not the case. I think that FT will make some compromises to improve VRAM use over the next week but it really isn't all that necessary for most users. 

Why do these devs insist on throwing everything but the kitchen sink in these sceneries? I've even seen a few sceneries boasting about 8k textures 🤦🏿‍♂️

• Like 1