Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Just want to change planes!

Is it possible to just "change planes" in MSFS.   Say I land at any particular airport in one particular plane.  Now, I want to stay right at that airport, and just CHANGE PLANES.  I'd like to just select another aircraft and not have to go through all the "back to menu" or other moves.  I just want to pick up where I left off with a new plane.  Is that possible some way in MSFS?

Stan

Not an option unless you enable developer mode.  Keep in mind flights aren't logged in dev mode.

Could try landing, enabling dev mode, changing plane, disabling dev mode.  Maybe this way your flight and hours get logged.

4 minutes ago, ivng said:

Not an option unless you enable developer mode.  Keep in mind flights aren't logged in dev mode.

Could try landing, enabling dev mode, changing plane, disabling dev mode.  Maybe this way your flight and hours get logged.

Interesting. I did not know that.  Still a bit to do.  Doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to change how that works with an update.  Don't you think?

Edited by spilok

They've got a lot on their to-do list.  Hope all issues get addressed as soon as possible though.

42 minutes ago, spilok said:

Interesting. I did not know that.  Still a bit to do.  Doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to change how that works with an update.  Don't you think?

I think it is hidden in developer mode because it is still a bit buggy.

While it USUALLY works fine,  randomly weird things happen like you spawn with no fuel at all or you seem to spawn in an alternate universe with no terrain.  Also the new aircraft tends to spawn at a slightly different orientation to the previous which may cause issues if you are parked at a ramp in an airliner.

That is without user doing stupid things like changing from a Savage Cub to a 747 while flying at 200' and doing 30 knots.

Even though it generally works most times,  those bugs would be enough to create a 1000 post complaint thread if it was integrated in the main menu.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Yah bit of a gripe of mine  - changing aircraft should be way easier 😞 

Rich Sennett