Sign in to follow this  
captain420

The Skypark for MSFS 2020 looks awesome!

You have to set your roles before the channels will open up where you can chat with others and the developers.

Click on the #welcome channel, and then there are 2 icons located at the bottom, make sure to click on them both.

Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-7-18-13-AM.png

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

Looks nice but er... it has no sounds (like loading cargo or boarding passengers), the lady you hear during the beginning (in the video's I've seen) can only be heard during the introduction, there are no penalties for flying bad or landing hard or destroying the cargo, you own all planes right from the start, there is no career, no promotion... NeoFly has all that. For free. And it has more jobs too, so I've gathered.

So what else apart from the shiny interface does The Skypark offer? Again, it looks nice but seems to offer very little extra.

The developer video stated that they will be adding an economic expense element. My guess is that there will also eventually be a way to use the cash you earn to build a career or lifestyle in game (economic progression) and surely a way to use the XP.

As it is, even in early access, I love it for giving me a purpose to fly to new areas. It is somewhat unique in letting one fly any plane anywhere with tours and bush trips (once the devs open that up)--more like a virtual airline in that respect.

• Like 1

@MarkSC quick question, if I may, I’m considering buying it, but was wondering if adding third party aircraft is implemented and if it works.

In the first walk through video they said it was still being worked on, but that was pre-release.

I’m especially concerned with being able to use the Carenado 182!

Any update would be appreciated?

10 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

@MarkSC quick question, if I may, I’m considering buying it, but was wondering if adding third party aircraft is implemented and if it works.

In the first walk through video they said it was still being worked on, but that was pre-release.

I’m especially concerned with being able to use the Carenado 182!

Any update would be appreciated?

You can use any plane that you own. So yes it will work with payware planes.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

You can use any plane that you own. So yes it will work with payware planes.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you purchased it yet?

To be honest, whilst I appreciate that it is early access so things will develop over time and I will certainly give it that time, there is so much in here that I don't understand. I just don't get the point of it.  After years in development I was expecting it to be much much more than it is. These are some things that are a mystery to me. 

1. The number if jobs offered is minimal at best. There should be 100 times more than there is. 

2.  Money or XP don't appear to give you anything so what's the point in that?  If something is developed over time for this then regular users will likely have a massed loads of money and XP in the interim to qualify for whatever it might be so it still wouldn't make a difference. 

3.  What a the point of the Coyote jobs and karma? 

4.  Why is reliability a secret unless you go to a specific airport some where in the States (I cant remember which one it is now) where you can see it?  What's the point of that? 

It's so unrealistic that you can fly jobs anywhere in the world in any aircraft at any time.  So one minute you can be flying the C172 in the UK and hałf an hour later you can miraculously appear anywhere else in the world flying whatever you like. 

So at the moment I just don't get the point of it.  Hopefully developments will happen quickly with this as I'd expected so much more. 

For now it'll just sit on my desktop gathering virtual dust until it develops further or we at least get an idea of what's planned and when. 

• Like 2

After thinking about it a while and reading this thread I’ve decided to wait to see how it matures. 

I may miss out on the lower price (which really seems too high already, sub $20US I’d buy), but at this point other than the lovely GUI it doesn’t offer more than what I get with NeoFly for free.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, badger2000 said:

After years in development I was expecting it to be much much more than it is.

50 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

After thinking about it a while and reading this thread I’ve decided to wait to see how it matures. 

Yes, I also get the idea they are trying to grab some quick money with this MSFS version. I'll pass for now. Looks nice but offers almost nothing (useful). Back to NeoFly it is for me.

• Like 2

Got this addon yesterday. Have tried a couple of flights. For me it's the best out there. You can fly from anywhere, with any plane you own. It's great if you just want to fly without a lot of management.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, flyer47 said:

You can fly from anywhere, with any plane you own.

You can also do that without this add on... so what's the point? To add to what I posted earlier: afaik Skypark doesn't check your load so you have to fly jeans from A to B but does it care about what's actually loaded in the sim? Where is the challenge? The incentive? There's nothing you can do with your money. XP has no use at all either. There are only 2 companies, a proper one and a shady one... what's the point? The way you fly or land isn't being monitored at all. Well, I am repeating myself. I'd like to know exactly what's coming in the near future to make this add on worthwhile. 

Take note that this add on had been announced in 2019 already...! A release date (in 2019) had already been mentioned! Now over a year has passed and what do they deliver? An iPad interface that suggests destinations when you are at an airport. That's it, really. Look at what the dev of NeoFly has given us for free in a few months...

Edited by tup61
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Yes, I also get the idea they are trying to grab some quick money with this MSFS version. I'll pass for now. Looks nice but offers almost nothing (useful). Back to NeoFly it is for me.

11 minutes ago, tup61 said:

You can also do that without this add on... so what's the point? To add to what I posted earlier: afaik Skypark doesn't check your load so you have to fly jeans from A to B but does it care about what's actually loaded in the sim? Where is the challenge? The incentive? There's nothing you can do with your money. XP has no use at all either. There are only 2 companies, a proper one and a shady one... what's the point? The way you fly or land isn't being monitored at all. Well, I am repeating myself. I'd like to know exactly what's coming in the near future to make this add on worthwhile. 

Take note that this add on had been announced in 2019 already...! A release date (in 2019) had already been mentioned! Now over a year has passed and what do they deliver? An iPad interface that suggests destinations when you are at an airport. That's it, really. Look at what the dev of NeoFly has given us for free in a few months...

Excuse me, but it appears you have no interest in purchasing this addon and yet you seem to be giving everyone a REVIEW of what the product does or does not do and complain how long it took to release this MSFS ONLY product to a sim that is 4 months old. So my question is, what contribution are you making to all the readers of this thread ??  Why not just lighten up and go enjoy your free NeoFly ?  Thank you.

• Like 6

WAT1460.png

Just now, vcarlo said:

Excuse me, but it appears you have no interest in purchasing this addon and yet you seem to be giving everyone a REVIEW of what the product does or does not do and complain how long it took to release this MSFS ONLY product to a sim that is 4 months old. So my question is, what contribution are you making to all the readers of this thread ??  Why not just lighten up and go enjoy your free NeoFly ?  Thank you.

🔥

• Like 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

So my question is, what contribution are you making to all the readers of this thread ?? 

He’s adding food for thought!

I was interested and about to buy but changed my mind and saved some dough... so it is value added.

These forums are for this reason exactly. 

Telling everyone to keep their opinions to themselves makes no sense!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, tup61 said:

An iPad interface that suggests destinations when you are at an airport. That's it, really. Look at what the dev of NeoFly has given us for free in a few months...

My conclusion exactly! Might as well buy another plane which I can get more use out of...

Happily sticking with NeoFly...

Paying for it now hoping it’ll get better, no thanks.

Show me what you have to offer and I’ll speak with my money what I think it’s worth. 

As it stands it offers nothing more than what’s on offer for free.

So there you have it! 

I’m not a venture capitalist give me a full product for the price or put it to market when it’s done!

Just now, Cmcollazo71 said:

He’s adding food for thought!

I was interested and about to buy but changed my mind and saved some dough... so it is value added.

These forums are for this reason exactly. 

Telling everyone to keep their opinions to themselves makes no sense!

I would take opinions of people who actually tried it. Othersize the value of what's being said is heavily discounted.

It might be because of my bias (because I'm the one actually coding the thing) but I think it's one of those products that looks similar to others on the outside but feel fundamentally different on the inside in a way that can't really be explained on paper.

It's like comparing iPhone vs Android or Tesla vs any other car maker. There are opinions out there but the most valuable ones are coming from people who have tried multiple sides.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42