Sign in to follow this  
captain420

The Skypark for MSFS 2020 looks awesome!

1 minute ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

He’s adding food for thought!

I was interested and about to buy but changed my mind and saved some dough... so it is value added.

These forums are for this reason exactly. 

Telling everyone to keep their opinions to themselves makes no sense!

I have ZERO interest in someone telling me about a product in which he has never used (beta tested, purchased, or otherwise).  YES, everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to state their opinion. My point was directed at a negative opinion that was being repeated as if he has a grudge against the developer.  If you don't want to buy a product because you feel it is not for you.  GREAT !  State that and then move on.  This was not the case in this thread, hence I stated MY OPINION ! 

• Like 3

WAT1460.png

14 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

It might be because of my bias (because I'm the one actually coding the thing)

I’ve been in this thread the whole time. At first with the interest to buy. 

Not one single opinion swayed me, it was the total of all opinions from both users and non-users.

If you see my posts there’s an evolution in my thinking after several days (and after watching all the videos posted, in their entirety, I might add).

To each their own, but I’m not biting on the pre-Holiday lure... what was that one of the developers said about release dates, “I hear jingle bells.” I think he also heard cash registers ringing...🤔

Edited by Cmcollazo71

2 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Might be biased?

C’mon really?!?!

I’ve been in this thread to whole time. Not one single opinion swayed me, it was the total of all opinions from both users and non-users.

If you see my posts there’s an evolution in my thinking after several days (and after watching all the videos posted, in their entirety, I might add).

To each their own, but I’m not biting on the pre-Holiday lure... what was that one of the developers said about release dates, “I here jingle bells.” I think he also heard cash registers ringing...🤔

There's no reason to be angry here, I respect your opinion. I was just giving my own. If the feature list doesn't suit you today it's no problem, nobody is forcing you to buy it.

I want to make it simple to understand:

• If you want to play the airline manager, the FBO company, and the pilot, The Skypark isn't for you as of today
  • If you want to explore the world without micro-managing everything but still want a sense of purpose, The Skypark is for you

I think it brings enough value to make it available today but is in no way and indication of where it'll stay in the future.
I hope we'll be able to change some people's deep rooted opinions then.

Also... I couldn't care less if we're in december, I would have prefered to release this product much earlier this year instead.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I'm wary of these things because I can never start with a 747. Can anyone please confirm if I need to level up for the 747?

Just now, GodAtum said:

I'm wary of these things because I can never start with a 747. Can anyone please confirm if I need to level up for the 747?

You are allowed to fly ANY AIRCRAFT in your sim.

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

5 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

There's no reason to be angry here, I respect your opinion. 

There’s no anger... I misread your post and thought I read, “I might be biased...” idiom vs. what you wrote, “It might be because of my bias...” which is why I edited my response.

I made an error and corrected it.

1 minute ago, vcarlo said:

You are allowed to fly ANY AIRCRAFT in your sim.

You mean I can fly any plane in Skypark, no matter my level or balance?

1 hour ago, vcarlo said:

Excuse me, but it appears you have no interest in purchasing this addon and yet you seem to be giving everyone a REVIEW of what the product does or does not do

If I wasn't interested I wouldn't have posted here. I know some people like to hijack topics just to be an annoyance but not me. I am genuinly interested in Skypark but I just don't see the point of it right now. Well, I do see a point but it's not enough. So I wondered if I was missing something obvious and/or I wondered what might be added in the future. So far no one succeeded in showing me something that made me go 'Aaaaaaaah, okay, now I will buy it'.

I understand you aren't interested in opinions of wannabe owners of Skypark but if I have to buy every addon out there just to see if it's something for me I'd be broke pretty soon. So I have to rely on information from various sources: forum posts (from customers AND non-customers), video's, shopping pages, etc. I am sure the devs are very interested in what wannabe buyers might have to say! That might help them to reach a larger audience! So telling people like me to shut up makes no sense. This forum has been created to talk about stuff like this!

52 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

My point was directed at a negative opinion that was being repeated as if he has a grudge against the developer.

I can assure you that as an extremely happy Chaseplane owner this is NOT the case. 😉

33 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

I think it brings enough value to make it available today but is in no way and indication of where it'll stay in the future.
I hope we'll be able to change some people's deep rooted opinions then.

Which is exactly why I am posting what I am posting. If only happy customers would post here you'd never know what direction to go with Skypark. So tell me:

• Will Skypark at one day evaluate my flying (like will errors have an impact)?
  • Will it take weight (and type) of cargo and pax into consideration?
  • Will the leveling up have any purpose?
  • Will I be able to do something with the earned money?
  • Will there be more companies to work from than (afaik) the current two?
  • Will I be able to promote in rang?
  • What will the upcoming subscription part offer exactly?
  • What will the price be after Early Access?

Just tell us how you think Skypark may look within a few months from now! Again, I actually am interested otherwise I wouldn't spend time on this. I am not the kind of guy who gets his kicks out of simply bashing products. 😉

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

I want to make it simple to understand:

• If you want to play the airline manager, the FBO company, and the pilot, The Skypark isn't for you as of today
  • If you want to explore the world without micro-managing everything but still want a sense of purpose, The Skypark is for you

So like NeoFly, except NeoFly is free?

Edited by Cmcollazo71

I just bought the program and I really like it.  The interface is very user friendly.

• Like 2

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

5 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

You mean I can fly any plane in Skypark, no matter my level or balance?

You can also do this in NeoFly checking off the “sandbox” option... just saying...

I've tried NeoFly and just don't like it. Mainly for the horrible looking interface. Which makes me not want to use the product. Skypark is like looking at a beautiful girl for the 1st time, because that is what draws you in, and then what comes naturally after that is getting to see her inner beauty, both of which Skypark has.

NeoFly looks primitive and ancient. I prefer something more modern looking and that's where Skypark sets itself apart from others. Just because it's free doesn't mean its better. Looking at the UI of NeoFly already makes me not interested. It looks cluttered and hard to understand. I prefer a well thought and laid out UI over those generic and traditional ones.

Live Stream of Chewwy94 demonstrating Skypark - 

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Mainly for the horrible looking interface.

So form over function basically?

If the end result is the same what does it matter how it’s looks, maybe that’s just me.😜

I guess if you think the GUI is worth $31US.

BTW, you never answered if you bought it or not?

40 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

So like NeoFly, except NeoFly is free?

If NeoFly does it for free and you're ok with what they're offering, sure!

I have not researched what NeoFly does so I can't really comment on what they offer.

Will Skypark at one day evaluate my flying?
Yes. We wanted to prioritize the experience first for release but stats and a new-style "logbook" will be available throughout the early access stage.

Will it take weight of cargo and pax into consideration?
We are adopting a "wait and see" stance on that right now. We want to see if aircraft developers will follow the built-in SDK for weight and fuel. Once we feel confident things are standardized we will make that happen as it adds a lot to the immersion.

Will the leveling up have any purpose?
Yes, your XP/Level dictates what contracts you have access to. The more XP you have the better the contracts. Most of the Coyote stuff is further up the XP chain, same on the ClearSky side. Like IRL, companies hire pilots with experience to carry sensitive cargo/pax.

Will I be able to do something with the earned money?
Today we don't drain money. Once we get a sense of how fast people are making money we will introduce the drains. transport license, insurance, fleet maintenance among others. We want the play to be around the experience/karma more than money.

Will I be able to promote in rang?
You promote through Levels and get better contracts as a result. You can always fly whatever aircraft you want to get the job done. (What would you like to see in terms of promotion beyond that?)

What will the upcoming subscription part offer exactly?
The subscription will bring the online part. Multiplayer contracts (& split profits), Timely contracts related to real-world events and other things we can't talk about yet.

What will the price be after Early Access?
Pricing will be determined from the feature set we have at that point

40 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Just tell us how you think Skypark may look within a few months from now! Again, I actually AM interested otherwise I wouldn't spend time on this. I am not the kind of guy that gets his kicks from simply bashing products. 😉

The next few weeks will revolve around fixing and optimizing what we have. We will then begin to introduce the money drains after that among other things. We are still looking at people's feedback and will prioritize features based on what we see.

I hope this answers your questions!

Edited by Keven Menard
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

7 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

I hope this answers your questions!

It sure does, thanks for taking the time. If everything you say gets added Skypark will become an interesting addon indeed. I'll have to sleep on it though before I decide if I dare to buy it now already. 😉

10 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

What would you like to see in terms of promotion beyond that?

I think it will give some more purpose if you can work your way up from a starting pilot on smaller planes to an experienced pilot on bigger planes. I have to add though that I sometimes like a career mode like that but also sometimes hate it LOL so it would be nice if it was optional. 😉 But anyway, it already would make a difference if you didn't simply number the levels but gave them names like cadet, captain, etc. It's a small thing but it feels different, as if it has more purpose.

Having read your replies the main thing I'd like to see added are sounds! Cargo being loaded, pax boarding, messages while flying, that kind of stuff. It will make the time in between take off and landing a more enjoyable and immersive experience, even if the sounds are the same a lot of the times. As it is now Skypark is mainly interesting on the ground: there isn't much going on with Skypark while flying as far as I've seen.