Sign in to follow this  
captain420

The Skypark for MSFS 2020 looks awesome!

On 12/27/2020 at 7:08 AM, YoYo said:

Is it work in VR mode? Will I see this tablet in VR too?

On their Discord channel OMGEDSON says "Asobo does not permit external applications in the VR space" Whatever that means.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

On 12/16/2020 at 4:28 PM, Keven Menard said:

I'm curious to know, what would you like to see be different from what our contracts offer today?

We like getting inspired by our users instead of the competition. We're always looking outside of what's already being done.

I don't have the program yet, but it sounds (and that is just me reading into this thread) like the program might be a bit "shallow". Seems like it needs a "hook". All great programs have that hook - for example REX Weather Forces draw is utilizing the latest real world metars to display the weather - and a future hook that I think I've seen published somewhere is that the program may allow users to use historical weather.

So if Skypark can get something more, like I dunno maybe using real world headlines/data to transfer into jobs? Example, right now the priority of shipping cargo is things like COVID vaccines, medical supplies; somehow generate jobs according to real world headlines for the day. I think relating the program to the real World generates more "purpose". How about bad weather causing congestion? Example, huge storm in Northeast causes delays and many people stuck at the airports which creates the need for pilots to commute passengers out once the weather clears.

Remember this program was released as "early access", which to my mind is just a step above beta. The concept of the title requires accumulating data to establish cost, penalties, rewards etc. As it stands, IMHO, it's really fun to fly. Personally, I use the weather map in the Contrax module to locate bad weather to make the trips more challenging. Trying to find a grass strip in a rainstorm at dusk is definitely a challenge.  🙂 

I can't wait to see what //42 does with this product.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Id like a filter so I can find jobs sorted by "good guys or bad guys"   (I forget the names of the corresponding companies)

I have no interest in transporting humdrum stuff when I can be bootlegging liquor and smuggling LSD!  

Is this 'Bridget' really Danielle of American Pickers in disguise?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, JughedJones said:

Id like a filter so I can find jobs sorted by "good guys or bad guys"

Every contract has either company logo right on the contract.

I’m actually going the other way and only doing “good guy” contracts to get my Karma all the way to the right.

It’s become my personal challenge since there really isn’t any other at this time.

34 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Every contract has either company logo right on the contract.

I’m actually going the other way and only doing “good guy” contracts to get my Karma all the way to the right.

It’s become my personal challenge since there really isn’t any other at this time.

Word.    I want the filter because there isn't very many smuggling missions and it can take a while to cycle through everything to get to one you want.   

I like the app, but it does need a little more pizazz.     I seem to remember in, I think it was FSCaptain? If you flew into a wartorn country like Afghanistan or something, there was a chance you weren't gonna land in one piece.  

You'd hear gunfire and your plane would get damaged.    (obviously the damage wasn't externally modeled) 

I had a flight last night bringing in bootleg booze to Syria and that kinda stuff would add a hell of a lot of excitement.    

(edit:  I'm pretty sure it was FS Passengers that had that awesome feature)

Edited by JughedJones
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

I had a flight last night bringing in bootleg booze to Syria and that kinda stuff would add a hell of a lot of excitement.    

That does sound fun! I hope something like that is implemented and not only for the subscription side they’re planning.

I have notice that as my karma goes up I see less and less Coyote, bad guy contracts, and when I do they’re high dollar trying to lure me over to the dark side! 

So if you keep going the other way on the karma maybe there’ll be more contracts that way...

I'm kinda trying to work that out now! Am I better off going for the high positive karma or trying to get into the negative for the Coyote contracts.

Decisions decisions......

50 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

That does sound fun! I hope something like that is implemented and not only for the subscription side they’re planning.

I have notice that as my karma goes up I see less and less Coyote, bad guy contracts, and when I do they’re high dollar trying to lure me over to the dark side! 

So if you keep going the other way on the karma maybe there’ll be more contracts that way...

Yeah, its a real bummer FS Passengers went away.  The dev stopped updating it and it doesnt work on anything but FSX and 3.0.

kinda weird how nobody just completely aped the whole system and how it worked and updated it.  It was so much fun.  Maybe thats where this will go.   It was the best "career mode" I've found for sims. 

• Like 1

I really enjoy FSCaptain in P3D.  W/O it, I wouldn't use P3D ever.   I love the embedded FMC-like resizeable interface, the integration with GSX, the live interaction between pilot, crew, PAX.  Career mode is simple but nice to follow.  It's trained me to be a little better desktop pilot for sure.  They want to build for MSFS when the SDK permits, and FSDreamTeam is developing GSX for MSFS.  It will be amazing when we can TO in the PMDG 777 w/ FSCaptain and GSX functioning and there is nothing that suggests that won't come to pass.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X