Sign in to follow this  
mobiel

Active Sky Version 7652 does not work

Hello guys,

I updated active sky to its new version 7652. I also uninstall and reinstall ASCA to version 7651. If I want to start AS I got an Error "Older ASCA content has been detected within your simulator path form a previous ASCA+ASP4/AS16 installation..."

But i uninstall everything before. If I uninstall ASCA and start AS I got the same issue. Everythin was reinstalled twice.

AS Version 7638 worked for me

Edited by mobiel

Hi Mobiel

I spoke too soon ?

Issue with ASCA and P3D5.1 did not detect ASP3D, reinstalled all now.

Hi,

I did already a reinstallation of everything AS and ASCA.

Now I also installed the new Content of P3D as it is mentioned by HIFI.

But the error appears again, no chance to get 7652 working.

@Damian Clark do you have an idea?

Edited by mobiel

Mine installed ok.  It installs over top of old version and it says that.  Do not uninstall old version.

Mobiel -- why don't you file a trouble ticket at the HiFi Sim site? I have both installed and working perfectly.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Fixed it. Just delete all files in your Simulator root folder which are named "ASCA" and thereafter you will be able to open ASP3D

Dennis | CargoluxPilot

It seems that the update has been withdrawn. When I open ASP3D I don't get any message that an update would be available.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

32 minutes ago, Nemo said:

It seems that the update has been withdrawn. When I open ASP3D I don't get any message that an update would be available.

Same for me. Just saw it randomly yesterday. But my solution above fixed the installation problem for me. Works fine so far.

Dennis | CargoluxPilot

1 hour ago, CargoluxPilot748 said:

Fixed it. Just delete all files in your Simulator root folder which are named "ASCA" and thereafter you will be able to open ASP3D

I will try it later on

8 hours ago, CargoluxPilot748 said:

it worked, but I have to delete every ASCA file in the weather folder, just to mention

The downloads page for HiFi is pretty clear in that ASCA is not used if you use EA.  It doesn't hurt anything if it is installed but it's just not used.

I had a problem after the update to ASP3D 7652 and ASCA 7651 but all I had to do was reboot and all is working as expected with P3Dv5.1.

Dan Downs KCRP