Cheers

Steve

Came out last week, I believe...

Notes:

"package_version": "1.2.1",
  "minimum_game_version": "1.11.6",
  "release_notes": {
    "neutral": {
      "LastUpdate": "VERSION 1.2.0 RELEASED NOVEMBER 20, 2020\\n----------------------------------------------------------\nM20R Ovation FS2020 version 1.2\n----------------------------------------------------------\nNovember 20, 2020\n\n-Fixed Altitude Selector crash bug.\n-Fixed all panel knobs that caused the sim to crash.\n-Fixed TXPDR.\n-Fixed yoke and tablet visibility issue.\n-Fixed Fuel selector.\n-Fixed HSI operation.\n-Fixed altimeter to display altitudes below sea level.\n-Improved electrical system.\n

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Hey   Thanks for the reply...  I had this update in my content area, and now after d/ling 870ish megs it broke my M20R.    I'll restart again, I got the update a week ago... flew great.

Made the mistake thinking Carenado added to this Great aircraft... This will teach me to update just because  i see one...smh Hopes dashed 

Thanks again

Steve         

It would be nice if they put an indicator somewhere so you knew you had updates to download in the content manager. Having to scroll the list to check for updates is a pain. 

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, RobJC said:

It would be nice if they put an indicator somewhere so you knew you had updates to download in the content manager. Having to scroll the list to check for updates is a pain. 

That's a great idea, Some sort of flag with something like you have  x amount of downloads available

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

7 hours ago, sluihn said:

Hey   Thanks for the reply...  I had this update in my content area, and now after d/ling 870ish megs it broke my M20R.    I'll restart again, I got the update a week ago... flew great.

Made the mistake thinking Carenado added to this Great aircraft... This will teach me to update just because  i see one...smh Hopes dashed 

Thanks again

Steve         

The update shouldn't break it Steve.  Mine works fine now.  Sometimes you have to restart the sim or even do a fresh reboot.  That normally fixes it.

Let us know if your Mooney is fine again after restarting. 👍

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 hours ago, RobJC said:

It would be nice if they put an indicator somewhere so you knew you had updates to download in the content manager.

It could even be done within the plane itself by a sufficiently clever and/or motivated developer. 🙃

• Like 4

Thanks for the replies... Its working but not after the initial fix.  In the ingame content folder,  it showed the M20R up to date and installed but it really wasn't ( this being after I reapplied the update and restarted.)  Upon examining, its folder was missing items.  So I deleted the M20R folder in the Official Folder,  redownloaded, installed and restarted  picked M20R loaded up sim at departure airport but no electronics.   So upon another restart this time emptying the community folder (whether it matter or not, wanted a clean restart) It worked.  We been doing this for over a many moons now I've learned just to march forward with restarts   

5 hours ago, Car147 said:

you have  x amount of downloads available

I agree heck even Flightsim.co offers this as an option if you sign into their site. Saves a lot of tracking downloaded sceneries and liveries down,  that just updated.👍 

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

you have to restart the sim or even do a fresh reboot.  That normally fixes it

Thanks.   after a couple adjustments the restart went as planned.  

Thanks Again 

Steve

Now if I just had a nickel for every flyboy that told me to reboot....   I'd be a rich guy    j/k   🤣

After ASOBO's last hot-fix my Mooney was flying beautifully. I made one or two flights with it, verified that the autopilot was working flawlessly, even opened the doors and windows in flight. I hit the altitude and heading hold and the plane flew straight and level like I always imagined it should.

Then I noticed in the add-on manager that there was an update pending. 

Very next flight I tried to take off from KLAS and the plane began porpoising out of control and crashed.

I am able to take off now, but it's really a struggle just to look down and hit the AP buttons without the plane flying out of control. 

It seems to me ASOBO and Carenado are not in sync with their fixes at all...

I can't even get to Marketplace or content manager.  It just shows grey screens with loading icons.

This is why I'm afraid to buy another marketplace item

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I can't even get to Marketplace or content manager.  It just shows grey screens with loading icons.

This is why I'm afraid to buy another marketplace item

I've had this issue in the past, and it turned out to be addons in the Community folder. Aircraft mods and so on.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Yeah actually you reminded me...I think I have to move them out (except the Mooney) and update it that way.

Still it's annoying though.  I already did the half half removal to see what was causing CTDs.  Sounds like I'll need to do it again to find what's causing the loading icon argh.

Sim is still new and buggy...just gotta remind myself that.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There are millions pf entries and I cannot filter by status "show me all entries requiring update". These simple basic things should not even be requested. They should be added if some looked at it and reviewed User Experience quality check. 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah actually you reminded me...I think I have to move them out (except the Mooney) and update it that way.

Still it's annoying though.  I already did the half half removal to see what was causing CTDs.  Sounds like I'll need to do it again to find what's causing the loading icon argh.

Sim is still new and buggy...just gotta remind myself that.

Hey Ryan....If you have not already (by the looks of how you replied you may not)...the addon linker app is one of the greatest addons for MSFS when it comes to these headaches of moving mods in and out of the community folder....revolutionized how easy it SHOULD be.

Here it is on one the best site out there to get addons....flightsim.to.

tVFI9C.jpg

You can see that the site automatically tracks what mods I have that need updating. 🙂

Even though I'm using an older mod...it works flawlessly and eloquently for my needs. (need to explore the new features and enhancements....but who has time? Hehe)

Anyway....when I need to clear my Community folder, I click the checkbox by Aircraft, Other, and Scenery...and the links to the mods in the Community folder are gone.  After the update, recheck them and I'm back...in a split sec...not moving a single massive scenery folder in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again..... in, and out, then back in again.....Hehe...you get the point.

And as you can see I can name/structure the links however I like, and my pref is as below, and for scenery, broken into continent/region, then state/province. 

I want to fly in California, a few clicks...and I'm set. (red dots, not active, green active)  You can also build "Presets" of any addon combos you want...just awesome!

By far the most useful tool in my MSFS flightbag. 🙂 

6Tu62H.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Very next flight I tried to take off from KLAS and the plane began porpoising out of control and crashed

If you think there is a problem.  Delete the folder inside Official folder so the game recognizes it needs to be redownload.  That's  what I did works like a champ. 

Cheers 

Steve