Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

Carenado M20R 1.2.1 update

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Ryan....If you have not already (by the looks of how you replied you may not)...the addon linker app is one of the greatest addons for MSFS when it comes to these headaches of moving mods in and out of the community folder....revolutionized how easy it SHOULD be.

Here it is on one the best site out there to get addons....flightsim.to.

No - I probably should.  I've had a few people recommend it to me so far.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Anyway....when I need to clear my Community folder, I click the checkbox by Aircraft, Other, and Scenery...and the links to the mods in the Community folder are gone.

Hey Steve, you can just right click anywhere on the left side and click "Disable all addons". No need to click individual folders. 👍

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, sluihn said:

If you think there is a problem.  Delete the folder inside Official folder so the game recognizes it needs to be redownload.  That's  what I did works like a champ. 

Cheers 

Steve

Ok, I deleted the plane from the content manager, and then wasn't sure if it was actually deleted from the hard drive. I looked in the Official folder, and sure enough the carenado-aircraft-m20r-ovation folder was still there, but the files were all empty. So I deleted that too, and did a clean restart of the sim.

The reinstall went smoothly, and I think it helped.

Had a nice flight from KLGB to KSAN 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RobJC said:

It would be nice if they put an indicator somewhere so you knew you had updates to download in the content manager. Having to scroll the list to check for updates is a pain. 

Still no indicator and yes that would help but as for scrolling through the list what I do every now and then is click on select all at top left and if there is an update than it’ll show you the size and Download button bottom right. Makes it a little easier

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Double post deleted

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Triple post deleted

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

I noticed something strange: I see significant FPS loss (like 7-8 fps) when I turn on some of the exterior lights on the M20R (except for strobe and beacon, it seems).

Anyone experiences the same?

4 hours ago, Turpentine said:

I noticed something strange: I see significant FPS loss (like 7-8 fps) when I turn on some of the exterior lights on the M20R (except for strobe and beacon, it seems).

Yes, I can confirm this. When I turn all exterior lights off, I gain about 3-4 fps inside cockpit and about 8-10 fps in exterior view.

• Upvote 1

i9-10900K / 64Gt DDR4-3200 / 2 x 1 Tb M.2 SSD / RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + CH Products Pro Rudder Pedals

6 hours ago, Turpentine said:

I can confirm this too. 51 FPS with just strobe and beacon on and 43 with all lights on. All lights off 51 FPS too.

• Upvote 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 hours ago, zumthor said:

Yes, I can confirm this. When I turn all exterior lights off, I gain about 3-4 fps inside cockpit and about 8-10 fps in exterior view.

4 hours ago, Alvega said:

I can confirm this too. 51 FPS with just strobe and beacon on and 43 with all lights on. All lights off 51 FPS too.

Thanks to both of you for confirming. In my case this translates into a 20%-30% FPS loss, that's pretty crazy (and besides that I find the FPS great with that plane).

How likely is it that Carenado will fix this in an update?

6 hours ago, Turpentine said:

How likely is it that Carenado will fix this in an update?

I would say very unlikely.

Alvega

Couldn’t reproduce this with any combination of lights on or off.  In general, however, there is something not right as it consistently provides lower FPS than either the 182 or the PA-44.

Perhaps someone who can reproduce it can send a video along with a zen desk ticket to Carenado’s support system.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I joined the club today. After I set the view up (high as it should be) I have to say its now my fav aircraft, the speed is perfect the views from when VC cockpit is set up right are wonderful.

Did a flight from orbx EGNT to DD EGGP, wonderful. My default aircraft now.

Does anyone know how to bind the speed brake?

Screenshot-322.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I joined the club today. After I set the view up (high as it should be) I have to say its now my fav aircraft, the speed is perfect the views from when VC cockpit is set up right are wonderful.

Did a flight from orbx EGNT to DD EGGP, wonderful. By default aircraft now.

Does anyone know how to bind the speed brake?

Screenshot-322.png

Look for spoiler in key commands.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

@Nyxx don't forget to download Ryan's repaints. They are fantastic.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.