Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Carenado Waco

10 minutes ago, PBest said:

Hi is there any other way of purchasing Carenado other than MSFSs broken Marketplace - I haven't been able to purchase anything in game (despite supports efforts till they gave up 3 months later) since buying the sim from day 1 till now ? Cheers

I believe there is no way to purchase Carenado planes other than through the marketplace.

55 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I believe there is no way to purchase Carenado planes other than through the marketplace.

be glad, i bought it, looks absolutely stunning, flying is ok, but oh oh bad groundhandling, and i doubt they going to fix that,

typical carenado style, NOT recommended this plane, the stearman and the ryan st are way way better.

1 hour ago, PBest said:

Hi is there any other way of purchasing Carenado other than MSFSs broken Marketplace - I haven't been able to purchase anything in game (despite supports efforts till they gave up 3 months later) since buying the sim from day 1 till now ? Cheers

Not that I am aware of.  Perhaps it is part of their partnership deal with Microsoft that they stay marketplace only ? No idea.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:56 PM, The Third Guru said:

I had two questions I was hoping someone here could help me find answers to:

What is the best rate of climb speed for the YMF-5? And what is the range of this aircraft?

(The Carenado information documents are woefully lacking in information.)

Sorry! I realized now that the range is 800 km. (As listed in game.) I'd still like to know the best climb speed, though.

Hi - the real world POH quotes the following

• Take-off   -   65mph/56kts
  • Vx Best Angle Climb   -   72mph/63kts
  • Vy Best Rate Climb   -   75mph/66kts
  • Approach   -   85mph/74kts.
  •  

I haven't checked these against the sim figures yet as I'm comparing the real world C of G against the Sim to get a setting which consistently gives better take-off manners - getting close now.

The real world WACO has a very short arm of 4 inches which lies between the leading edge of the lower main-plane and the trailing edge of the upper wing, so its no wonder the sim is having problems dealing with it as its used to dealing with a monoplane with the CofG around 1/3mac and not forward of it

Let me know how the figures stack up when you fly next 

Cheers Pete

Edited by PBest
typo

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

I purchased the Carenado Waco and I didn't know, from the MS Store it's not possible to edit the flight_model file 

I asked for refund, unfortunately. 

I just can't understand why is not allowed to edit the flight_model and engines files 

Edited by Sphynnx
  • Like 1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

7 hours ago, Sphynnx said:

I purchased the Carenado Waco and I didn't know, from the MS Store it's not possible to edit the flight_model file 

I asked for refund, unfortunately. 

I just can't understand why is not allowed to edit the flight_model and engines files 

With default standard aircraft you can create an "add on" version of the aircraft in the community folder the way Rob Young did with the Turbo Normalised Bonanza and edit those community folder copies.

However, I do not think you can do that with premium/deluxe aircraft or marketplace addons.

6 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

With default standard aircraft you can create an "add on" version of the aircraft in the community folder the way Rob Young did with the Turbo Normalised Bonanza and edit those community folder copies.

However, I do not think you can do that with premium/deluxe aircraft or marketplace addons.

Is the Turbo Bonanza a separate aircraft now, or does it still just mod the existing one? I don't want to REPLACE the default one. 

1 hour ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Is the Turbo Bonanza a separate aircraft now, or does it still just mod the existing one? I don't want to REPLACE the default one. 

By default it is a mod of the standard one - you would need to disable the Turbo Enabled modifications with addon linker to get the standard one back.

However Kaosfere gave us a way to get both showing with a bit of messing about by creating a full set of files for the turbo mod by copying some stuff from the default folder:

1.  Go to the packages directory containing both your 'Community' and 'Official' folders.  Copy (not move) the folder  Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36 from there, in its entirety, into your `Community` folder. (if you get a security error just zip the folder into a zip file and then unzip into "community" )

2.  Rename the copy in your community folder to "Bonanza-Turbo-V3" instead 

4. rename the subfolder  community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36
     to instead be              community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36_Turbo

5.  copy (or unzip) your downloaded turbo mod Bonanza-Turbo-V3  folder and all its contents into the community folder. Some of the mod files will want to overwrite some of the stock files you already put there. Allow them to overwrite.

6. Regenerate the layout.json file in the community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3 directory.  If you do not wish to do this manually you will need to download the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe. ( https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator) and place it somewhere on your PC, the desktop is fine . Then simply drag the layout.json file in the  community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3 directory onto the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe icon and it will automatically rebuild the file for you.

If you follow that procedure you basically create an independent version of the Turbo Enabled Bonanza mod that uses a new name and hence does not remove the standard Bonanza from the selection screen.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

Thanks Glenn.  I had lost track of how to do this.  The overwrite with RY's Bonanza can stop some of the Asobo flights / challenges from working.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Could you please tell me how to do this, with the Waco ? 

If there is no engines and flight_model file, how am I supposed to edit those files?? 

Thank you 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Please read your quoted section starting with However….

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

15 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Please read your quoted section starting with However….

OK, thank you 

So, it's not possible 

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I believe you can create "add-on" folders that override the data for premium/deluxe aircraft, the problem seem to be that the files you want to create custom versions of to go in these add-on folders are encrypted so you don't have a valid base version you can modify.

What about a " fake " mod for the Waco ?

Is that possible to create a fake layout.json and manifest.json from another aircraft, for the Waco ?

Let's say, for example, Pitts, with all the files, as a fake mod for Waco

No ideas, guys?