Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

KA350i DXGI HUNG errors

Anyone have any suggestions in relation to solving these?

Currently this a/c is unflyable for me - I get the DXGI error each time when going through the startup checklist.

Trueglass disabled, been through all the MV forum suggestions.  At one point I even got it to fly and complete a circuit in it.  Now, it's crashing all the time 😞

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I've been plagued with this issue on my main FS PC but not my Dev PC ... go figure?  But it wasn't related to TrueGlass or RealLight ... did you disable RealLight also?  It's one of those VERY frustrating situations that doesn't happen to everyone but does happen to several.

For my main FS PC the solution was to disable Bathymetry ... doesn't make sense to me either but it solved that problem specific problem of DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob, I have disabled TG but not RL at the moment.  Bathymetry has always been OFF.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Also try setting your max texture to medium or 1024x1024 - this is essential for me with this plane. 

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

P3D is the only simulator I ever get this DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG error. I never experience error in:

DCS World

FS2020

Condor2

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

P3Dv5 is Dx12 which makes it a different beast.

I don't think MS or LM have a good grip on it.

I have been a victim of the DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG error in P3Dv5 (all versions) and so far can not make any sense out of it.

Presently stable, not using EA and using the latest ASP3D, still testing.

Cheers

Pierre

9 minutes ago, ppo said:

P3Dv5 is Dx12 which makes it a different beast.

I don't think MS or LM have a good grip on it.

I have been a victim of the DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG error in P3Dv5 (all versions) and so far can not make any sense out of it.

Presently stable, not using EA and using the latest ASP3D, still testing.

Cheers

Someone needs to get to grips with it. 

The KA350 is the only a/c I suffer this with.

xaP1VAU.png

I got the DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG error in P3D V4.5, or whenever they converted to 64-bit?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Device hung happens whenever the GPU doesn't respond after a certain amount of time, therefore Windows kills the process to keep the whole OS from crashing.

The reasons are varied but on in the case of P3DV5 it can be any number of things. Factory overclocked cards, old drivers, overloaded GPU and/or system, faulty/overclocked hardware, P3D bug/Addon bug.

From my side it seems random and like Rob said , not everyone experiences it. The biggest common denominator is DX12. One need only google the issue to see it happens in all kinds of games and all kinds of hardware making it virtually impossible to nail down. There is code out there that allows developers to implement "breadcrumbs" in DX12 to see where things fall apart, not sure if LM did that or not.

Some people have luck with the TDR fix on Youtube and Tech sites that bumps up the time that Windows will allow before throwing a crash but it doesn't work for everybody, especially if there is some other underlying issue.

DX12 is not as robust and forgiving as DX11 it places a lot of the responsibility on the dev.

Kevin. I will continue to work with you to resolve the issue but it may not even be with our product it could be the result of something totally out of our control...

• Like 1

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

6 hours ago, Slayer68 said:

Kevin. I will continue to work with you to resolve the issue but it may not even be with our product it could be the result of something totally out of our control

Thanks, just looking to explore every possible avenue, like I said the one flight I actually managed was very rewarding..and I'd reach like to repeat it 😛

What confuses the hell out of me is that the prob only occurs with this a/c and even then not always under exactly the same circumstances...

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, Slayer68 said:

Kevin. I will continue to work with you to resolve the issue

Would the GPUcrashreporting log files be useful for MV too?

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Would the GPUcrashreporting log files be useful for MV too?

I can forward it to Colin.How big are the logs?

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Slayer68 said:

I can forward it to Colin.How big are the logs?

Not sure, haven't created them yet - I'll start a thread on the MV forum with a description of what's produced and how big they are.

xaP1VAU.png

@Slayer68 @Rob_Ainscough

Just tried this morning after enabling GPUcrashreporting and it flew perfectly - no crashes at all 🙂

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

23 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The Milviz KA350i is a brilliant aircraft and I hope one day I can use it on my main FS PC that's running P3D V5.1 HF1

I uninstalled and re-installed the a/c, re-enabled trueglass and straight away got serial DXGI HUNG errors.  The only action I took then was to replace the files in the LegacyRender folder. This seems to possibly have done the trick, as I've flown the a/c twice now with no DXGI crashes.
Now I've learned how not to break the engines so quickly, this is rapidly becoming one of my favourite toys  It will certainly keep me content until Milviz get round to putting the Porter in P3D5...  Absolutely no purchase regrets 🙂

xaP1VAU.png

The solution for now seems to be to use the Legacy Render files in the 

Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV_King_Air_350i\Panel\LegacyRender

Backup your files in the E:\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV_King_Air_350i\Panel\ folder then copy the contents of the LegacyRender folder into your panel folder and overwrite the existing files.

This fix is listed in the manual as a fix for SLI users but seems to cure the issue of DXGI crashes.

Please note: EA is NOT supported on our integrated WXR so that could be the cause of some problems too. I don't think that will get corrected until EA is stable and not changing with every release.

Edited by Slayer68
  • Like 2

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png