Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FSUIPC Question

I have a profile created for my FSlabs planes that I think got a little goofed up.  How do I erase profile to start a new one, specifically for axis assignments?  Ideally, I'd like to clear it, start from scratch and apply a few things to create a new one.  Is this possible? 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I would try renaming the file fsuipc6joyscan.csv and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, you can rename it back to the original name. I am not an expert with this software, just a suggestion!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Pets Dowson answered your question in a forum post  a long time ago the answer to which I saved.

It goes like this (quote):

"If you know the <name> of the profile, just find and delete the complete sections with the titles

[Profile.<name>]

[Axes.<name>]

[buttons.<name>]

[JoystickCalibration.<name>]

[Keys.<name>]

[Auto.<name>]

Or, if you are using Profiles=Files, delete just

[Profile.<name>] in the INI and

the <name>.ini file in the Profiles subfolder.

To merely remove a specific aircraft from a profile, just delete its entry in the [Profile.<name>] section."

Way back when I saved that answer, FSUIPC was version 5 maybe even version 4 but I can't imagine it would be different with with FSUIPC 6.

Hope this helps.

...Lloyd

• Upvote 1

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Thanks!  I wasn't sure if there was an easier way in version 6 than the previous.  I'll go in and try this.  I forgot that I asked that a while ago!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

22 hours ago, Noell said:

Pets Dowson answered your question in a forum post  a long time ago the answer to which I saved.

It goes like this (quote):

"If you know the <name> of the profile, just find and delete the complete sections with the titles

[Profile.<name>]

[Axes.<name>]

[buttons.<name>]

[JoystickCalibration.<name>]

[Keys.<name>]

[Auto.<name>]

Or, if you are using Profiles=Files, delete just

[Profile.<name>] in the INI and

the <name>.ini file in the Profiles subfolder.

To merely remove a specific aircraft from a profile, just delete its entry in the [Profile.<name>] section."

Way back when I saved that answer, FSUIPC was version 5 maybe even version 4 but I can't imagine it would be different with with FSUIPC 6.

Hope this helps.

...Lloyd

Do you know where I would delete those files?  Or, would removing FSUIPC then reinstalling it work as well?

The only file of interest here is the FSUIPC6.ini (generally located in Users>YourName>Documents>Prepar3Dv5 Addons>FSUIPC6).
All you do is open it with a text editor and delete the section(s) associated with whatever name you gave your profile when you created it.

If you have nothing in your FSUIPC.ini that you want to save, simple deleting it and then reinstalling FSUIPC6 will get you back to square one.

...Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Kinda always wished that was doable from the interface. Been using FSUIPC for going on 20 yrs.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, pgde said:

I would try renaming the file fsuipc6joyscan.csv and see if that helps.

This does nothing. This file is for information only (to trouble-shoot device issues) and is re-generated each time FSUIPC is ran.

18 hours ago, Noell said:

The only file of interest here is the FSUIPC6.ini (generally located in Users>YourName>Documents>Prepar3Dv5 Addons>FSUIPC6).

The first bit is correct (the .ini  is the only important file, the rest are re-generated), but it shouldn't be located there.... Thats the location of the add-on.xml, and you should really change the actual installation folder to a different location during the installation process, as advised in the Installation guide. Unfortunately as this is the default it seems that most folks don't change this. 

9 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Kinda always wished that was doable from the interface. Been using FSUIPC for going on 20 yrs.

You could always raise a feature request for this (over on the FSUIPC forums) and I will look into it. However, its simple to implement functionally but a bit of a pain to add to the current UI. I'll add it to the 'todo' list and have a think about it when things on MSFS/FSUIPC7 have calmed down a bit...

John

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

...and you should really change the actual installation folder to a different location during the installation process, as advised in the Installation guide. ...

May I ask what's the reason for this advise?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5