Sign in to follow this  
Car147

Heads up on a payware issue

MEX HIGH FLIGHT - MMZH IXTAPA-ZIHUATANEJO INTL AIRPORT MSFS2020

I purchased the above addon from Sim Market a few days ago, and had noticed some of the ground textures on default asobo taxiways etc had turned pink. ( Asobo EDDFwas a classic example) I have since found out from the guys over on the MSFS forum this is due to the original files being over written by a  program, i spent most of the day removing and checking all my free ware, no difference, then onto the payware.. and there was no change at all until the above addon was  removed to prove the issue lay there, and re-installed to make sure it returned when installed. Just hope i can save some other person the fun of checking every piece of freew are or Payware.
I have advised both the dev, and Sim Market
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Thanks. Good to know and share. That is the reason why I am happy about the MS Store and basically force myself to (only) use that one. Let’s not discuss whether MS gets a too big share of 3PDs revenue or not. I am sure that the ease of downloading and thus buying stuff in-game will offset a margin decrease through bigger sales numbers. Despite my initial plan I already bought 4 airports which is already almost half of the airports I ever bought for FSX

ps MS even granted an easy refund for KEYW when it initially did not download and install. Well, easy once you find out where to turn to. But then it came within 4 hours. 

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Simmarket has become a dumpster fire of ho ho addons with no quality check or vetting process. That is why I usually buy my add-ons from MS marketplace , Aerosoft or orbx direct.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Thanks. Good to know and share. That is the reason why I am happy about the MS Store and basically force myself to (only) use that one. Let’s not discuss whether MS gets a too big share of 3PDs revenue or not. I am sure that the ease of downloading and thus buying stuff in-game will offset a margin decrease through bigger sales numbers. Despite my initial plan I already bought 4 airports which is already almost half of the airports I ever bought for FSX

ps MS even granted an easy refund for KEYW when it initially did not download and install. Well, easy once you find out where to turn to. But then it came within 4 hours. 

I agree, my thesis is and has been that until msfs is “stable” is no mods, and all purchases come from the msfs store.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

To be fair the latest i have been told over on the MSFS forum is that there has been a considerable number of SDK updates (Good News ) since the launch date for that Addon on the 07/12/20, So in all fairness there was maybe not much either could have done until i told them.

I just wanted to let you know so as no one else spends an afternnon scrolling through Free ware and Payware addons.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Simmarket has become a dumpster fire of ho ho addons with no quality check or vetting process. That is why I usually buy my add-ons from MS marketplace , Aerosoft or orbx direct.

not all addons are bad on simmarket; some are not expensive and good quality; and by the way; some addon on market place are not best either

but is all about opinions and be able to recognise the good from the bad

• Like 1

I'm surprised because the developer offered me good support for my P3D airports.

Maybe an e-mail to the dev will help?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the MS Marketplace was (might still be) selling that ugly Typhoon fighter. Makes the MS Marketplace no better than SimMarket.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

21 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the MS Marketplace was (might still be) selling that ugly Typhoon fighter. Makes the MS Marketplace no better than SimMarket.

No, never seen a Typhoon on the MS Marketplace,,,

13 hours ago, Car147 said:

MEX HIGH FLIGHT - MMZH IXTAPA-ZIHUATANEJO INTL AIRPORT MSFS2020

I purchased the above addon from Sim Market a few days ago, and had noticed some of the ground textures on default asobo taxiways etc had turned pink. ( Asobo EDDFwas a classic example) I have since found out from the guys over on the MSFS forum this is due to the original files being over written by a  program, i spent most of the day removing and checking all my free ware, no difference, then onto the payware.. and there was no change at all until the above addon was  removed to prove the issue lay there, and re-installed to make sure it returned when installed. Just hope i can save some other person the fun of checking every piece of freew are or Payware.
I have advised both the dev, and Sim Market

I reported this a week ago to Orbx as I saw an issue with their Orcas scenery.  I believe Orbx is reaching out to them.  Just the same add-on conflicts have been going on since FS98 and before.  This has nothing to do with quality or the MS Store.  We have a platform many are building on top of plus MSFS is a moving target.  The correct course is to let the developer know and they usually correct it.  It’s amazing we don’t have more issues with add-ons affecting each other seeing the SDK is far from being finished much less fully usable.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

24 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I reported this a week ago to Orbx as I saw an issue with their Orcas scenery.  I believe Orbx is reaching out to them.  Just the same add-on conflicts have been going on since FS98 and before.  This has nothing to do with quality or the MS Store.  We have a platform many are building on top of plus MSFS is a moving target.  The correct course is to let the developer know and they usually correct it.  It’s amazing we don’t have more issues with add-ons affecting each other seeing the SDK is far from being finished much less fully usable.

Where did i say this was down to the market place or MS Store. If you all read my original post this addon was bought from Sim Market. On discovery of the issue i contacted both Sim Market (No reply other than we forwarded it to the dev) I also contacted the Dev directly. who was good enought to send me an update to sort the issue. I have installed the update, but sadly the issue is still there.

The only input from or involvement from MS Store, Market place etc etc was their mods on their forum asisted me greatly in  find ing he cause... jezzzz

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DAD said:

Where do you turn to actually? I tried to get a refund for the Mooney but never figured out where to ask

9 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Where do you turn to actually? I tried to get a refund for the Mooney but never figured out where to ask

It's done via your XBOX account. so go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders and login, you'll see a list of your purchased credits and can start your refund there, should be within 14 days from purchase though

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

9 minutes ago, DAD said:

It's done via your XBOX account. so go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders and login, you'll see a list of your purchased credits and can start your refund there, should be within 14 days from purchase though

Ok thanks 🙂

13 hours ago, DAD said:

Where do you turn to actually? I tried to get a refund for the Mooney but never figured out where t

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Where did i say this was down to the market place or MS Store. If you all read my original post this addon was bought from Sim Market. On discovery of the issue i contacted both Sim Market (No reply other than we forwarded it to the dev) I also contacted the Dev directly. who was good enought to send me an update to sort the issue. I have installed the update, but sadly the issue is still there.

The only input from or involvement from MS Store, Market place etc etc was their mods on their forum asisted me greatly in  find ing he cause... jezzzz

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my comments were based on others responding in this thread.  The idea of some kind of QA with add-ons submitted to the Microsoft Store is crazy.  This can happen somewhat but in all intents and purposes you can’t catch everything.  With FS things can be weird. On face value this rendition of MMZH looks amazing and runs great, you wouldn’t catch adverse affects outright.  An add-on in Mexico affecting not every airport in the world just isolated airports like Orcas way up in Washington state is a hard one as you can’t test everything in the whole world.  With a new platform like this it’s really development growing pains all developers can learn from.  I remember seeing something like this in FS9 where a newly released ZBAA caused an antenna tower to be placed at the hold stop at runway 34R at KSEA.  This stuff happens.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2