Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

1 minute ago, MattNischan said:

Do you happen to know which ones you chose, by any chance?

-Matt

No, just choose one with the south departure.  With anyone you choose you should see the problem.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Any way to implement Navigraph and Aerosoft Database to the CJ4 FlightPlan system? Most of the issues I have right now with this incredible Addon is due to Flawed Asobo's Default Nav Database, and we have no control over that. I feel using Custom Navdata would solve a lot of issues!

Alexis Mefano

14 minutes ago, Dillon said:

No, just choose one with the south departure.  With anyone you choose you should see the problem.

I just ran through all the departures, and I'm not seeing any discontinuities for any of them, no matter the starting runway. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, a screenshot of the LEGS page in the condition you describe would be super helpful.

-Matt

4 minutes ago, Alec said:

Any way to implement Navigraph and Aerosoft Database to the CJ4 FlightPlan system? Most of the issues I have right now with this incredible Addon is due to Flawed Asobo's Default Nav Database, and we have no control over that. I feel using Custom Navdata would solve a lot of issues!

If you install the Navigraph beta into your sim, that's the data that the CJ4 will use.

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 minute ago, Alec said:

If you have a Navigraph subscription and you have the Navigraph data installed into the sim, the new flight plan manager will use that.

If you wouldn't mind, can you give an example of a procedure with the stock data that you thought had problems? It's always possible it's a bug on our end parsing the procedure information, as the stock navdata is actually pretty good when fully utilized (which the default plan system doesn't quite do). That would help us immensely narrow down any potential issue.

-Matt

Oh that's great news! Will adquire a Month of Subscription then!!

Sure, this is the one I generated using SimBrief

LTBA/05 PIMAV1P PIMAV UL614 PETAR PETAR1E LTAC/03R

Pimav1P didn't show up for Rwy 05 in the FMS.

Alexis Mefano

Thanks for all of the responses Matt.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, is the consensus that using the default flight planner in MSFS causes CTDs`?

All my flights are manually entered in FMC. Though i choose departure and destination airports from MSFS Map. And i had 3-4 CTDs in 15 flights or so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

I wish Aboso would let 3rd party developers tweak the autopilot instead of having to make their own. The flight director in every plane doesn't work correctly. When flying manually the FD should give proper cues for turning when it doesn't. Are they aware of this? In the CJ4 you should be able to set pitch for takeoff with the vs wheel for toga mode. 

Tony Fontaine

On 12/17/2020 at 12:30 PM, cwburnett said:

@zihmer001 @sd_flyer @odourboy and anyone else that has experienced a CTD, we are finding that all or almost all CTDs are related to having loaded a flight plan from the world map in the sim, versus either a simbrief import or manually entering the flight plan in the FMC.

If you guys have some time, it would be really great for you to try some of the flights that have caused CTDs without using the world map planner in the sim. So, just select your starting position and then click "fly" and either load a simbrief plan or manually program the FMC (for a "study level" experience, lol) and see if you get any CTDs in that scenario. If we can narrow the cause to the in-sim flight plan interface, we will have a much easier time tracing and solving it.

Thanks for the testing!

I’ll work it back - both of mine had use “load” from a pause on the ramp to set up a .pln file generated by Navigraph. World planner was just to place me cold and dark at origin. 

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

Epic work bravo!

Just in cruise now but the "wind noise" in the flight deck is overbearing, none of my sound sliders seem to affect it.  How do I turn it down a little??  Like I'm flying with my head out the window Ace Ventura style.

Thanks!

Thomas Derbyshire

4 hours ago, earthdog said:

All my flights are manually entered in FMC. Though i choose departure and destination airports from MSFS Map. And i had 3-4 CTDs in 15 flights or so.

Have you tried departure airport only (to spawn) and then input manually from there? That seems to be only have been able to prevent the CTD's.

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

34 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Just in cruise now but the "wind noise" in the flight deck is overbearing, none of my sound sliders seem to affect it.  How do I turn it down a little??  Like I'm flying with my head out the window Ace Ventura style.

There is a bug in the current release where the wind noise is not affected by the volume controls, which will be fixed in the next build coming later today.

-Matt

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MattNischan said:

There is a bug in the current release where the wind noise is not affected by the volume controls, which will be fixed in the next build coming later today.

-Matt

Despite that just did a 1 hour hop LIEO - LIRQ.  Everything worked a treat, VNAV was a joy.  Fantastic!!

One issue I have in the CJ4 and this isn't a mod issue, its same with default.  I always feel like a 5 year old trying to drive my Dads car, can't see over the dashboard very well despite moving the camera UP as far as possible.  Well thats a lie I can see but the view is restricted somewhat in compared to over aircraft.  Anyone else?

Thomas Derbyshire

22 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I always feel like a 5 year old trying to drive my Dads car, can't see over the dashboard very well despite moving the camera UP as far as possible.

If you need a little more heads up in certain situations, I find hitting spacebar to pop up works pretty well. We're looking at some better camera angles for cockpit views in the future.

-Matt

• Like 1