Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Using Version 08.1

1. Generated a flight plan with the default MSFS flight planner.

2. Loaded up the plane

3. Message "no flight plan" on the PFD; and no flight plan in the FMC

What am I missing? With version 0.8. the flight plan was loaded automatically. 

Thanks.

Matt answered my question on their Discord. Quoting it here, in case other folks get tripped up by this:

"We changed that behavior for 0.8.1. To load the MSFS plan, go to FPLN RECALL"

Using version 0.8.1, I am unable to reset the altimeter from 29.92 after descending below the transition altitude using the Baro knob.

Default B key on the keyboard causes CTD for me after descending below the transition altitude.

Initially works at departure airport.

--- Jim  ---

28 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Using version 0.8.1, I am unable to reset the altimeter from 29.92 after descending below the transition altitude using the Baro knob.

Default B key on the keyboard causes CTD for me after descending below the transition altitude.

Initially works at departure airport.

From release notes: Key bindings = possible CTD. Use mouse pointer click(s) or center click to auto set.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

From release notes: Key bindings = possible CTD. Use mouse pointer click(s) or center click to auto set.

Mouse pointer clicks or center click doesn't work for me.  Maybe it's another mod interfering.  

--- Jim  ---

Just made 2 more flights with NO CTD's!  Only change(s): Enter starting departure/spawn airport ONLY + Turn LIVE Traffic OFF.

I just flew DEN to ORD and it was great. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Testing out the new 'build your own approach' feature in the CJ4 - here I fly a "visual" approach into Summerville, SC - the FMS places an approach fix at a distance I specify from the runway and flies it just like an LPV approach.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

33 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Testing out the new 'build your own approach' feature in the CJ4 - here I fly a "visual" approach into Summerville, SC - the FMS places an approach fix at a distance I specify from the runway and flies it just like an LPV approach.

Pretty sure just got spatially disoriented 4x watching that! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Pretty sure just got spatially disoriented 4x watching that! 🙂

lol, yea, I have to honestly say the rain was super immersive. We can say what we like about IFR flying in P3D/XP vs MSFS, but this felt pretty real to me...I have some more I'll share from this weekend once they finish encoding...

I can say with some certainty, that having the flight plan preloaded from MSFS was the variable during my CTDs.   I started from parking cold and dark, entered my own flight plan, and voila.  Smoother than snot on a frozen doorknob

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

I can say with some certainty, that having the flight plan preloaded from MSFS was the variable during my CTDs.   I started from parking cold and dark, entered my own flight plan, and voila.  Smoother than snot on a frozen doorknob

Did/do you have Live traffic ON or OFF?

I noticed today an issue with entering the plan via the FMC which i did not have before 0.8.0

I think it is happening when the final point of an airway exists more than one time in the navigational database.

So when i enter the airway and then i enter the fix that exists multiple times, i go back to the flight plan screen without anything added.

If i press exec then the point is added normally in the plan and i can continue with the next points.

Has this been reported already?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

For the interested, here's another of my weekend test approaches... this time didn't bust mins - got the runway environment right at mins on the RNAV 11L into KFAT.

• Like 1

I absolutely love this mod, but I'm experiencing something I haven't heard discussed before.  With the latest mod, the throttle levers on the pedestal do not move.  Was a throttle lever lock coded in that I'm not aware of?  Also, the engines show TO when I'm in idle, and Climb mode is no longer available.  Cruise mode is all that annunciates on the display.  Hopefully someone can clue me in as to whether it's a bug or pilot ignorance.