Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

Thanks for the quick update!  You guys are fast.  I thought I'd have to wait until after Christmas to fly this again. Amazing mod!

• Like 1

--- Jim  ---

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

Thanks for your patience, happy to announce that v0.8.2 of the Working Title CJ4 has been released to address compatibility with sim version 1.12.13.0. Along with a few other small fixes. PLEASE NOTE THE COMMENT ON THE MSFS LIVERY COMPATABILITY.

Get it here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.8.2

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.2 Changes

Just tested and works well! Lot of oscillating in climb around 20k which hoping was turbulence or mountain wave behavior? Seemed a bit porpoise like, which is weird since that was worked on in this sim release. Got a good hit/shot of turbulence in descent that was awfully realistic for mountain behavior!

Was able to import FP from game just fine and then edited in FMS. Pretty fantastic overall....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Just tested and works well! Lot of oscillating in climb around 20k which hoping was turbulence or mountain wave behavior? Seemed a bit porpoise like, which is weird since that was worked on in this sim release. Got a good hit/shot of turbulence in descent that was awfully realistic for mountain behavior!

Was able to import FP from game just fine and then edited in FMS. Pretty fantastic overall....

We noticed there seem to be more abrupt changes in baro pressure that can cause porpoise-like behavior but are actually changes in baro. Keep an eye on it in case we need to tweak AP stuff.

Also, please keep us in the loop on any CTDs. We made a change and there may have been an improvement on the Asobo side on this as well. 

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 minute ago, cwburnett said:

We noticed there seem to be more abrupt changes in baro pressure that can cause porpoise-like behavior but are actually changes in baro. Keep an eye on it in case we need to tweak AP stuff.

Also, please keep us in the loop on any CTDs. We made a change and there may have been an improvement on the Asobo side on this as well. 

Roger. BARO was 29.92 and did not change when experiencing this behavior. Will test more.

Logging on for the CTD's and will upload any immediately.

Just now, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Roger. BARO was 29.92 and did not change when experiencing this behavior. Will test more.

Logging on for the CTD's and will upload any immediately.

The issue I was seeing is that above FL180 when set to STD, if the sim changes the barometric pressure, your alt will jump up or down because of that and then the AP will re-intercept the alt in a somewhat abrupt way. So if you were at 20k and in STD pressure (29.92) and the sim's baro pressure changes because of live wx, it causes an abrupt change. A few of us noticed this has become more common recently. But, yea, we're also investigating whether it is dolphin again...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

The issue I was seeing is that above FL180 when set to STD, if the sim changes the barometric pressure, your alt will jump up or down because of that and then the AP will re-intercept the alt in a somewhat abrupt way. So if you were at 20k and in STD pressure (29.92) and the sim's baro pressure changes because of live wx, it causes an abrupt change. A few of us noticed this has become more common recently. But, yea, we're also investigating whether it is dolphin again...

Got it. Multiple people are reporting this now. Filed bug report with Zendesk.

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

1 minute ago, Bigbluss said:

Same for me. Before I saw this I made a new post. Really annoying that Asobo haven't fixed this.

But really amazing that we have this mod from a great team 🙂

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

1 minute ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

But really amazing that we have this mod from a great team 🙂

The mod and team are amazing which makes it more painful that such a fantastic mod is unusable (at least for me, I can't speak for everyone of course) above fl30 which is where it spends most of its time 😕

Edited by Bigbluss

11 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

The mod and team are amazing which makes it more painful that such a fantastic mod is unusable (at least for me, I can't speak for everyone of course) above fl30 which is where it spends most of its time 😕

FWIW just did a FL320 and it was not oscillating in cruise. Keep trying and maybe isolate the issue by looking at the BARRO. As you can see above, CW seems to have a handle on the root cause, and they will likely have it figured out.

3 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

FWIW just did a FL320 and it was not oscillating in cruise. Keep trying and maybe isolate the issue by looking at the BARRO. As you can see above, CW seems to have a handle on the root cause, and they will likely have it figured out.

Oh I see! I was under the impression Asobo had broken this rather than it being a mix of the update plus the mod. My mistake - I should have waited to speak. My apologies to Asobo!

I've word not allowed down for the night now but will absolutely take a look at reproducing tomorrow 🙂 thank you.

3 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

Oh I see! I was under the impression Asobo had broken this rather than it being a mix of the update plus the mod. My mistake - I should have waited to speak. My apologies to Asobo!

We're actually not totally sure if it's our fault or due to changes in the pitch PID from the update, which we pulled in with our hotfix. We wanted to pull those in as our flight model is still relatively close to stock (for now ;-)) and the assumption there is that they were tuned for a good reason or due to AP algorithm changes.

There haven't been that many reports of this yet, but we'll keep an eye out and see if we need to tune things. It's really easy to make things a lot worse there, so it's worthwhile to err on the side of caution.

-Matt

• Like 1

First of all - incredible work, simply fantastic.

Mary Christmas and Happy new year for all. And stay healthy !

For the "jumping". Not using the latest patch.

Had this often with live weather. More dominant over US as over Europe. Only solution for me - switch live weather off.

And - not only with the CJ4, other planes as well in higher FL.

Best regards

Detlef

• Like 1

I'm at 380 right now going from EDDF to LOWI.  

No oscillating, seems to be flying smooth as silk.  Live weather and live traffic on. 

Can confirm a CTD on my first flight.  Wanted to see if it still crashes on takeoff when you load in a flight plan from the main menu.  

Yup. And so far, thats the one thing I can point my finger to that CTDs the whole operation every time.    

edit: The LNAV really seems to be dialed in.   Its really on the mark. 

Edited by JughedJones
  • Like 3