Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

2 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Really impressed at how they got a working VNAV/LNAV so quickly it's aewsome I hope we see something like that on other products soon.

Wouldn't hold your breath 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I just installed the CJ4 mod because folks on the Aerosoft forums had recommended it as a learning tool to prepare for the CRJ.

Wow! This little jet flies like a dream and the VNAV is incredibly reliable and accurate. These guys have really raised the bar and it will be a tough act to follow for 3rd party payware developers.

What CRJ?

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

27 minutes ago, Barnes said:

I just installed the CJ4 mod because folks on the Aerosoft forums had recommended it as a learning tool to prepare for the CRJ.

Wow! This little jet flies like a dream and the VNAV is incredibly reliable and accurate. These guys have really raised the bar and it will be a tough act to follow for 3rd party payware developers.

What CRJ?

You couldn't fly the CRJ anyway...they made a special GRJ for your kind😉

Cockpit has extra big knobs and switches in the Gorn-pit.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

33 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

You couldn't fly the CRJ anyway...they made a special GRJ for your kind😉

Cockpit has extra big knobs and switches in the Gorn-pit.

The CRJ is no problem. I just use rocks and logs to smash any equipment that gets in my way. Same with the knobs and switches.

You should see me trying to stuff myself into that little CJ4...

I'm hoping that the Working Title team will be adding a universal translator soon, so that ATC will understand that my frantic hissing and chuckling is actually a request for clearance to land .

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I think it's fair to say that the Working Title CJ4 is probably the first "study-level" aircraft in MSFS 2020. Sure, not every button works yet, but look at what these guys have done in 4 months. Also, they have no competition. Eaglesoft is history, Milviz is, well, struggling, Carenado just uses the default stuff; and all this for the grand total of exactly $0.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I think it's fair to say that the Working Title CJ4 is probably the first "study-level" aircraft in MSFS 2020. Sure, not every button works yet, but look at what these guys have done in 4 months. Also, they have no competition. Eaglesoft is history, Milviz is, well, struggling, Carenado just uses the default stuff; and all this for the grand total of exactly $0.

Word.

I even tried to send them some money and they told me to kick rocks...  hahahaha

these guys are incredible. 

I havent dipped my toe into the FBW A320, but hats off to them too. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

Word.

I even tried to send them some money and they told me to kick rocks...  hahahaha

these guys are incredible. 

I havent dipped my toe into the FBW A320, but hats off to them too. 

The FBW is incredible too. Only thing that bugs me right now is (1) VNAV path descents aren’t implemented yet, and (2) speed crossing restrictions on descent aren’t enabled. But the sheer number of features they’ve added is incredible. Also hoping packs become usable soon as well as the rest of the systems that aren’t modeled.

Both of these teams have done incredible work. They make the sim usable for us hardcore simmers that like to fly study-level planes. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Both of these teams have done incredible work. They make the sim usable for us hardcore simmers that like to fly study-level planes. 

Agreed. When both teams announced their respective projects, I thought “That’s nice. A little more functionality will make these nice looking planes a little more bearable until some decent payware comes along”. But both of these projects have already gone far, far beyond that, and show no signs of letting up.  It’s incredible what these teams are doing for the love of it. This CJ4 mod has now got me absorbing as much information as I can find to try and figure out how to fly it properly. It is everything that I had hoped the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang could have become years ago.

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 4

David Webster

Just did 2 test flights and the only perfect thing about them was this WT CJ4.

Live weather total bust showing CAVU when should have been OVC with light rain. BIG terrain spire later on arrival in middle of nowhere.

The CJ flew the FP magenta line to TOD, down all the way thru the APP VGP > GP to 800ft minimums flawlessly and rock solid right to the #'s. Amazing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Just did 2 test flights and the only perfect thing about them was this WT CJ4.

Live weather total bust showing CAVU when should have been OVC with light rain. BIG terrain spire later on arrival in middle of nowhere.

The CJ flew the FP magenta line to TOD, down all the way thru the APP VGP > GP to 800ft minimums flawlessly and rock solid right to the #'s. Amazing.

If you cycle from clear skies to live weather... it reacts 99% of the time for me. 

Got a question for yall.   And please don't make fun of me too much because I'm sure im doing something dumb. 

But I just noticed that on my last two flights, all the headings on my legs page are listed as 000 degrees.    The flight plans goes fine...  but that bothers me, especially when you're looking for something that might be wrong. 

2nd...  I've noticed (again on my last two flights) I was unable to pull up ATIS from the ATC menu.      This all happened after I turned off live traffic two flights ago.   Dont know if that has anything to do with it, but its the only difference. 

Thanks very much! 

Edited by JughedJones

3 hours ago, JughedJones said:

If you cycle from clear skies to live weather... it reacts 99% of the time for me. 

It does/did not unfortunately and have never seen that work

Started a flight. Instant CTD when rotating the plane. Fpln sync was off, but I did use the "load fpln option" to load the flight plan I created in the MSFS flight planner. 

Members

22 posts

Posted 9 minutes ago

Hi Guys.

I have downloaded the latest mod .8 into the community folder, loaded the aircraft at EGCC and when it loads into the sim I find there is no cockpit, now this is the first time I have ever used the cj4 so its

probably something i am doing wrong, any help and advice would be much appreciated .

Cheers

Strumpy