Sign in to follow this  
Sheldo

P3D v5.1 Simulator still running but not showing in task man

Two instances of P3D?  That looks severely abby-normal to me!

Anyway, there's your answer.  In Process Lasso you have the option to right-click and terminate the process.  That's what I've been doing.  Still no definitive idea as to what causes it, although it seems that shutting down while on/near the Orbx airports causes the incomplete shutdowns fairly consistently.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

9 hours ago, w6kd said:

Two instances of P3D?  That looks severely abby-normal to me!

Anyway, there's your answer.  In Process Lasso you have the option to right-click and terminate the process.  That's what I've been doing.  Still no definitive idea as to what causes it, although it seems that shutting down while on/near the Orbx airports causes the incomplete shutdowns fairly consistently.

Hi Bob,

Well today this situation is happening, I close down P3D v5.1 by the normal way and then watch it disappear from the top position in the Process Explorer table, I then thought I'll just check to see if it's popping up at a lower activity position and there it was (see pic).

My next obvious move was to open up the properties tab in Process Explorer which provided the path problem showing [Error opening process] so then I thought I would use the "Kill Process" tab however I then got "Error opening process: Access is denied"  so now I am at loss to know what to do or where to go next, any comments are most welcome.

Best regards

Keith

50729364071_5d670196df_k.jpgCan't Kill P3D v5.1Capture by Keith Sheldon, on Flickr

Hello Keith,

For the P3D process still running, I did find i the P3D forum there was mention of this. Not sure if this will solve your issue or not. It did for some.

Open your Prepar3d.cfg and under [MAIN]section, add this:

AlwaysFullLoad=1

This forces the simulator to completely unload of its data when the flight is reset or changing airport

Ref: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8392

Edited by aldridgem
typo
  • Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

10 hours ago, aldridgem said:

Hello Keith,

For the P3D process still running, I did find i the P3D forum there was mention of this. Not sure if this will solve your issue or not. It did for some.

Open your Prepar3d.cfg and under [MAIN]section, add this:

AlwaysFullLoad=1

This forces the simulator to completely unload of its data when the flight is reset or changing airport

Ref: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8392

Hi Mark, thanks for your help, I have already set this up an no joy

12 hours ago, Sheldo said:

Hi Bob,

Well today this situation is happening, I close down P3D v5.1 by the normal way and then watch it disappear from the top position in the Process Explorer table, I then thought I'll just check to see if it's popping up at a lower activity position and there it was (see pic).

My next obvious move was to open up the properties tab in Process Explorer which provided the path problem showing [Error opening process] so then I thought I would use the "Kill Process" tab however I then got "Error opening process: Access is denied"  so now I am at loss to know what to do or where to go next, any comments are most welcome.

I use Process Lasso...I look in the "All Processes" tab (sorted by process name), and if Prepar3D.exe is still listed there a minute or so after shutting it down, I right click on it and select "Terminate".  I've never had it complain or fail to kill the process doing it that way.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I've been having an issue with the P3dv5 process not ending. Using Process Explorer I looked at the threads running as part of the process. I found that killing any instances (I usually see two) of bglmanx56.dll would cause the process to close down. That's the only thread I've found that reliably stops the process. Bglmanx65.dll is, I believe, a P3dv5 DX12 dll used by FS DreamTeam software. On my system it lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager.

If I delete the file and run the FSDT Updater it replaces it, but it appears to be the same file (based on the file size). I also ran a DXDiag and tried to update the DX Runtimes but it said there was a more recent version already installed.

Not sure if you have any of the FSDT stuff that requires the Addon Manager but just wanted to let you know what I've found out.

I have had this multiple instances of P3D (4&5) and other apps including MSFS and LittleNavmap issue for some time - many months at least.  Still happens even after a hard PC shutdown and disconnecting the power lead.  My work around is to monitor Task Manager on startup and delete second process instances but I would very much like a permanent fix.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 12/18/2020 at 1:35 AM, Alistair Logie said:

I've been having an issue with the P3dv5 process not ending. Using Process Explorer I looked at the threads running as part of the process. I found that killing any instances (I usually see two) of bglmanx56.dll would cause the process to close down. That's the only thread I've found that reliably stops the process. Bglmanx65.dll is, I believe, a P3dv5 DX12 dll used by FS DreamTeam software. On my system it lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager.

If I delete the file and run the FSDT Updater it replaces it, but it appears to be the same file (based on the file size). I also ran a DXDiag and tried to update the DX Runtimes but it said there was a more recent version already installed.

Not sure if you have any of the FSDT stuff that requires the Addon Manager but just wanted to let you know what I've found out.

Hi Alistair, Many thanks for your comments ,really appreciated, I must say this is the only program that gives this problem for me, and I am not at the moment running any FSDT programs that I'm aware of.

I guess its a LM problem, I'll put a post on their forum to see if it provokes a response.

Keep you all posted

Best regards

Keith

On 12/18/2020 at 2:55 AM, brucewtb said:

I have had this multiple instances of P3D (4&5) and other apps including MSFS and LittleNavmap issue for some time - many months at least.  Still happens even after a hard PC shutdown and disconnecting the power lead.  My work around is to monitor Task Manager on startup and delete second process instances but I would very much like a permanent fix.

Bruceb

Hi Bruce, Many thanks for your info,I'll keep you posted with my response from the LM P3D v5.1 forum if I get one.

Best regards

Keith

I have this issue as well.

Regarding a restarting - I always do a clean reboot before a long session. 

Some time ago I picked up a tip to prevent spurious programs from restarting with a reboot.  I created a short cut with the target "%WINDIR%\system32\shutdown.exe /r /f /t 0", starting in %WINDIR%\system32 and I use this shortcut to restart instead of the restart from "Shutdown / Sign out".  Shutdown.exe is a MS program, so it should already be present and safe.

Using this instead default "restart" sequence has helped me.

Edited by Joe L

Joe Lorenc