Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FSlabs and Thrustmaster Airbus Thrust lever

I posted something at the FSlabs forum but didn't get much of a response so I wanted to try here.  I was having issues getting the throttles to match the detents on the lever.  I tried using FSUIPC to control the axis but that didn't seem to work.  I got them to match by not using FSUIPC for the axis but using the P3D settings for the axis.  However, I had the hardest time trying to keep them in the detent in the sim.  Though my lever and the VC seemed to be in the detent, i kept getting warnings that I and ASYM Thrust or that I was out of the CL detent.  Does anyone else have this and if so, how do you get around that?  Is there a sensitivity that i need to be in?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Do you made sure to set up the settings according to FSLabs introduction guide, Hardware Controls Setup,  Thrust  Lever and Thrust detent Configuration?

Edited by polosim
Typo error
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, polosim said:

Do you made sure to set up the settings according to introduction guide, Hardware Controls Setup, Thrusth Lever and Thrust detent Configuration?

The FSLabs instruction guide?  Yes, I did.  I can go back and try again but followed them

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

4 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

i kept getting warnings that I and ASYM Thrust or that I was out of the CL detent

Try and widen your CL gate.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

1 minute ago, MachTwo said:

Try and widen your CL gate.

How do you to that?

53 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

How do you to that?

Brad,

Page 12 of the Introduction Guide. In the example shown you would change the CL values to for example 0.05/0.17 and try that. If you'd still have problems try 0.02/0.20 and so on. 

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Brad,

Page 12 of the Introduction Guide. In the example shown you would change the CL values to for example 0.05/0.17 and try that. If you'd still have problems try 0.02/0.20 and so on. 

Ah... gotcha i didn't know what that was called.  I can play around with it.  I'm surprised there isn't one that is default for this thrust lever.

53 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Brad,

Would you be able to give me an example of your values?  When I am at idle on the stick, it engages the reversers so that will be the first thing in need to change.  Here are my current values:

Rev max

-1.00/-0.95

rev idle

-0.8/-0.6

Fwd Idle

-0.46/-0.41

CL

0.04/0.07

FLX

0.45/0.55

toga

.97/1.00

10 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Would you be able to give me an example of your values?  When I am at idle on the stick, it engages the reversers so that will be the first thing in need to change.  Here are my current values:

Rev max

-1.00/-0.95

rev idle

-0.8/-0.6

Fwd Idle

-0.46/-0.41

CL

0.04/0.07

FLX

0.45/0.55

toga

.97/1.00

Its a challenge (remember direct law in P3d controller settings btw)

Why not try 

Rev max (-1.00/-0.995)

rev idle (-0.97/-0.95) (long away from fwd idle)

TOGA 1.00/1.00

make big steps to forward idle and CL and FLEX

I have FLEX all the way up to 0.XX//0.98 (if TOGA cannot be set i just map a button to F1/F2 for this since i use FLEX in 99% of the time anyway)

Hope you get the ideer with these values . 

Works great here

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

After some time of testing a reasonably well-functioning TCA in combination with the FlightsimLabs Airbus. I found the following:
First, set battery power/Ground Power on the plane. Eg Both batteries on. Otherwise the throttle levers are not in the 0 or the iddle position but somewhere at 10%
2. Disable all axes and buttons in FSUIPC
3. Go to the Prepar3D hardware settings and Control Calibration. TCA Q-eng 1&2. Set both throttle axes sensetivity to 1 and the 0 zone to 4 or 5.
The sensors are hypersensitive.
4. Strengthens the force of the throttle levers.
My settings: (eng 1 & 2 are slightly different)

Rev max  -1.00/-0.95
Rev idle  -0.8/-0.6
Fwd Idle -0.50/-0.40
CL  -0.20/ 0.20
FLX 0.45/0.55
Toga 97/1.00

Succes
Jo va Bra

1 hour ago, Jovabra said:

After some time of testing a reasonably well-functioning TCA in combination with the FlightsimLabs Airbus. I found the following:
First, set battery power/Ground Power on the plane. Eg Both batteries on. Otherwise the throttle levers are not in the 0 or the iddle position but somewhere at 10%
2. Disable all axes and buttons in FSUIPC
3. Go to the Prepar3D hardware settings and Control Calibration. TCA Q-eng 1&2. Set both throttle axes sensetivity to 1 and the 0 zone to 4 or 5.
The sensors are hypersensitive.
4. Strengthens the force of the throttle levers.
My settings: (eng 1 & 2 are slightly different)

Rev max  -1.00/-0.95
Rev idle  -0.8/-0.6
Fwd Idle -0.50/-0.40
CL  -0.20/ 0.20
FLX 0.45/0.55
Toga 97/1.00

Succes
Jo va Bra

These values seem to work for me on ENG1, but not 2.  I can't get 2 to the idle position for some reason.  Any thoughts?

For Eng #2

Rev max  -1.00/-0.97
Rev idle  -0.88/-0.60
Fwd Idle -0.50/-0.35
CL  -0.20/ 0.20
FLX 0.54/0.55
Toga 97/1.00

Succes

14 hours ago, Jovabra said:

For Eng #2

Rev max  -1.00/-0.97
Rev idle  -0.88/-0.60
Fwd Idle -0.50/-0.35
CL  -0.20/ 0.20
FLX 0.54/0.55
Toga 97/1.00

Succes

heres mine.  works well  

lever 1 is the same as lever 2

Capture.png

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

One thing to add after several days of frustration. Make sure your setting this up in the default FSlabs A320.  After I did that the above setting worked like a champ, Thanks for posting them saved more hours of headaches

1 hour ago, Vultee said:

One thing to add after several days of frustration. Make sure your setting this up in the default FSlabs A320.  After I did that the above setting worked like a champ, Thanks for posting them saved more hours of headaches

i found that for the FSL when using fsuipc you need the throttle set to  "send direct to sim"

and the others controlers ie joystick, pedals set to "direct to fsuipc" 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png