Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

PF3 ATC

Now that sounds (reads) interesting! Haven't heard of it yet but i will keep it in mind!

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Now that sounds (reads) interesting! Haven't heard of it yet but i will keep it in mind!

I used it years ago when it had to be complied as an adventure and the voices and regional voices were brilliant. I’ve requested a demo of the new version. It does sound pretty good from the description. 

Wow, PFC was my favorite ATC addon until I discovered Pilot2ATC, and even after that I'd still use it at times.  Happy to see they're bringing it up to date.  I'd be interested in hearing how the demo works out.

• Like 1

I used it years ago with fsx when you had to compile each flight plan with Proflight2000 to get it working.  I liked it a lot.  Great voice set and I was particularly impressed when it routed away from a near miss with ai at 30,000 feet. 

I tried the demo again with p3d earlier in the year but didn't seem to get on so well with it then so never bought the new version.  I'll see what this version brings and hopefully it'll be as good as I remember it to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

I used it years ago with fsx when you had to compile each flight plan with Proflight2000 to get it working.  I liked it a lot.  Great voice set and I was particularly impressed when it routed away from a near miss with ai at 30,000 feet. 

I tried the demo again with p3d earlier in the year but didn't seem to get on so well with it then so never bought the new version.  I'll see what this version brings and hopefully it'll be as good as I remember it to be. 

PS: The support from Dave March on their support forum is second to none. 

• Like 1

What's the ui like in PF3 ATC? I find P2ATC very clunky with all of it's drop down menus.

Edited by johnbla

Looking forward to some reviews. IMO this was one of my favorite FSX add-ons. Terrible to set up, but the idea of treating IFR flights like missions was cool at the time. When I moved on to P3D v4 I primarily used the default with editvoicepack mods.

What I liked about PFE was the different realistic sounding voices and that AI was also controlled. Unfortunately, due to MSFS SDK limitations PF3 will be very limited and the buyer should check out what is not currently working.

The price seems a bit too high for an add-on that is not completely ready yet, but that's just an observation.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Still no sid/star support and it still isn't terrain-aware 😞 I'll stick to p2a and voxatc.

Edited by MindYerBeak
  • Like 1