Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

ORBX central a mess?

With the introduction with a lot of partners in ORBX central I find it really a mess, I want to use it only for ORBX products...

Is there a setting to disable all those partner stuff.

What was a convenient way of managing my ORBX stuff has become a real mess!

Anyone thinking it's useful, and if so why , maybe I'm missing the point 🤣

Edited by awf

André

I'm the opposite of you.  I've actually deliberately transferred over some partner stuff I bought direct from the partner.  I think it's better organized in one place and I've found not all the developers are good about providing updates or installers. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 7

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Central is utopia compared to the Flight1 purchase agent.

Managing your content from the 'My Products' tab is a breeze.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

I strongly agree with the fact that Orbx Central is the best thing that could have ever happened to flight sim sceneries as a manager. I don't understand why would sceneries need to have their own installers, as they are not programs... And then they all just place their random stuff all over Windows. Having everything in one place is the best.

Edited by Balint Szarka
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Running Orbx Central is really the only maintenance I am doing on my P3d v4.5 install. Probably will be only maintenance to do on MSFS going forward. Easy-peasy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awf said:

With the introduction with a lot of partners in ORBX central I find it really a mess, I want to use it only for ORBX products...

Orbx's intention has been to have multiple 3rd parties using Orbx Central for a few years now, indeed in the past they have openly spoke about their plans going forward, personally I love what Orbx are doing with their app/store.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

6 hours ago, awf said:

You have a choice of which products are visible not only by sim, region and type, but you also have the "my products " tab which tells you what you have installed. The benefit of having all the 3rd party software installed through ORBX, allows you to have only one external library and never interferes with insertion points in your scenery library. I transferred both FS studio licenses to ORBX, just to keep everything orderly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

One thing I’d like is an update log for individual updates of scenery. I like to know what’s changed. I can’t seem to find it. Only for the central updates do I see update logs

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

One thing I’d like is an update log for individual updates of scenery. I like to know what’s changed. I can’t seem to find it. Only for the central updates do I see update logs

That would be good. The libraries update quite often and I have no idea what they've added. I'm always hoping its the bridges around the Vancouver lower mainland, that they promised in may...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SoJourned said:

Central is utopia compared to the Flight1 purchase agent.

Managing your content from the 'My Products' tab is a breeze.

You can say that again! Total agree.

I like the fact in Orbx  Central that you can see what's not purchased, pruchased and installed. That helps a lot.

I wish that for each of the sceneries installed, they would provide a small synopsis of the recommended graphic settings, given I have mesh installed, land class , regions and specific airports. I find it hard to keep up with the different settings for the various installs.

I do miss their dated coverage map but I always thought that was useful to depict what airports were available in which region.

Overall, huge strides have been made in Orbx Central in the past 2-3 years.

The other way to manage this scenery-wise is through Lorby Add-on Manager in terms of managing the overall scenery library (Orbx and non-Orbx).

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

2 hours ago, aldridgem said:

I wish that for each of the sceneries installed, they would provide a small synopsis of the recommended graphic settings,

There is some guidance in the 'Guide'.  Orbx Central..My products.. select scenery addon..User Giude..

bob

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, onebob said:

There is some guidance in the 'Guide'.  Orbx Central..My products.. select scenery addon..User Giude..

bob

Yes I know but it means delving into each guide separately.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Gentlemen appreciated all the input and point of views regarding central...

I love the tool too, but at this point I would to differentiate between ORBX software and 3d party partners in the installed tab...

Again appreciated all the input 🙂

Edited by awf

André

On 12/17/2020 at 10:54 PM, Reader said:

You seem to be asking for what is already there.

Only missing to sort the stuff in the store tab and ORBX only...

André