Sign in to follow this  
DJ Rosko

Honeycomb Bravo & Shifted Functions

So I’ve got LINDA working with the honeycomb bravo for the moment in my FSLabs and PMDG aircraft.   My main goal is to have the bravo’s autopilot functions all setup in LINDA (or alternatively the Honeycomb software if they ever release a version that non programmers can use to figure out payware/non default aircraft) 

My issue now is that I’ve got two shifted functions for the AP working (this is the FSL A32X w Linda 3.2.6)

How/is it possible that I can setup another shift or a “pause” shift 1 to use the Bravo’s selector buttons to then engage the rest of the FCU rotaries?  (I need two more rotaries-for VS and HDG)

I have no information on the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle although I asked others for some. So I can't help you directly.

As you have found, LINDA provides 3 'shifted' assignments options for each button on a device. These are unshifted, shift 1 and shift 2. For each of these you can assign functions to the OnPress, OnRepeat and OnRelease actions. The shift can be used locally to the individual devices or globally to all devices at the same time. The shift modes are hard coded into the GUI code software and no changes are anticipated.

The shift level functions are found under the SHIFTED MODES menu.

It is recommended that when you assign functions to buttons you use the _toggle option or use the _on for the OnPress and _off to the OnRelease. For switches use _on/_off for 2-way switches (with an ON and an OFF position) or _on to OnPress and _off to OnRelease for 1-way switches (either ON or OFF).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I have no information on the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle although I asked others for some. So I can't help you directly.

As you have found, LINDA provides 3 'shifted' assignments options for each button on a device. These are unshifted, shift 1 and shift 2. For each of these you can assign functions to the OnPress, OnRepeat and OnRelease actions. The shift can be used locally to the individual devices or globally to all devices at the same time. The shift modes are hard coded into the GUI code software and no changes are anticipated.

The shift level functions are found under the SHIFTED MODES menu.

It is recommended that when you assign functions to buttons you use the _toggle option or use the _on for the OnPress and _off to the OnRelease. For switches use _on/_off for 2-way switches (with an ON and an OFF position) or _on to OnPress and _off to OnRelease for 1-way switches (either ON or OFF).

Thanks for the reply Andrew.  I’m gonna link a video here explaining what I’m trying to do and show you what I’ve got so far and hopefully you can help point me onward from there.  The honeycomb throttle has. “Selector rotary” on the top left which is made up of 5 buttons.  Currently I have two of them shifted and I can’t seem to get the unshifted function which I tried to put HDG on to work.  I’d be happy to help you explore this great piece of equipment more should you have any questions at all.  

Thanks for the video. It was very helpful. Can I ask you to email me your TWO config-hid.lua files from /Linda/aircrafts/{aircraft name}/ and /Linda-cfg/system/ folders. Send to Linda @ awginfosys.net.

With the 3 shift levels you should be able to assign functions so that the knob changes SPD, HDG or ALT. VS is minor in the scheme of things - I tend to use spoilers. What is the label on the right hand knob?

There is a similar mode selector on the Saitek/Logitech Multi Panel. The code for this can be found in the LIB Saitek  It is fairly complex programming and, as you mention you are not a programmer, may not be suitable for you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

It is fairly complex programming and, as you mention you are not a programmer, may not be suitable for you.

Nope not unless there’s a video/step by step.  I would imagine that the mode selector is similar to this perhaps.  

With the 3 shift levels you should be able to assign functions so that the knob changes SPD, HDG or ALT

I have/had it setup for HDG as “unshifted” but I think I deleted it.  

Can I ask you to email me your TWO config-hid.lua files from /Linda/aircrafts/{aircraft name}/ and /Linda-cfg/system/ folders. Send to Linda @ awginfosys.net.

I sent two emails from my DJRoskoxxxx @ the “g” email...   I couldn’t find a second config-hid.LUA file in either folder and I’ve got weird module setup it seems.  I sent screenshots of the folder structure and contents.  

Hope this will help a bit 

What is the label on the right hand knob?

The label is “INCR/DECR” and it’s two buttons one left button and one right button if you spin the knob either way 

I would advise that you not attempt to program. 

Thank you for the log and aircraft config-hid.lua files. The second config-hid.lua file is in the /linda-CFG/system folder.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

6 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I would advise that you not attempt to program. 

Thank you for the log and aircraft config-hid.lua files. The second config-hid.lua file is in the /linda-CFG/system folder.

Ok lemme dig that one out tonight.  I’m on east coast US time so about ~5 hours behind you if I’m gathering that right by your profile.  

I definitely do not want to program lol.  I’m very much so appreciative of plug and play type things which LINDA has given me some modest success at so far  

Edited by DJ Rosko

You will be 5 hours behind here in the UK. Can you provide me with a list of the buttons numbers for the Honeycomb Bravo? Select the Joysticks page and press each button and select each switch position and note what numbered line highlights.

This will allow me to held you program the shift functions to the right button/switch. I see some gaps in the config-hid.lua file you sent earlier.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

5 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Can you provide me with a list of the buttons numbers for the Honeycomb Bravo?

Yes I’ll try to do that like what do you need a pictorial of the buttons?

12 hours ago, DJ Rosko said:

Yes I’ll try to do that like what do you need a pictorial of the buttons?

A picture of the buttons/switches with corresponding numbers would be very helpful.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 12/19/2020 at 11:19 AM, ScotFlieger said:

A picture of the buttons/switches with corresponding numbers would be very helpful.

Ok Scott I’ll do my best-would a video suffice?  

Ok Andrew... This is what I’ve come up with for you.  

Some notes: 

-The Detent Buttons from Axis 1-5 are 24-28 and they engage when you pull the levers all the way down past the idle detent (similar to saitek)

-Axis 6 or the flap axis-that is Button 33 

-The Toga button is Button 29 

-It seems like button 30 may be reserved for the Airbus autothrust disconnect as I could not find it.  Even the GA propeller lever “Go Around” Button is still Button 29 when it’s installed on Axis 1 

-Buttons 9-12 are the reverser handle buttons 

I hope this helps 

098-A7094-67-B6-4-D3-B-BB01-F8-A4-AED53-
2-D410-E6-B-3-C9-E-414-D-81-A7-C7-CB0-A3
EB8-F9269-9-B5-F-4115-A37-D-220-FEB2438-C3668-E33-FEA0-4-CDF-AB7-E-98-A1801-EEA0

7000-DB4-F-077-B-40-AE-B8-C3-27226-E63-C53-A9867-C-DD80-45-CA-9-F6-C-878902-E133

That is ideal thank you. I will take look during the week.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 12/20/2020 at 1:59 PM, ScotFlieger said:

That is ideal thank you. I will take look during the week.

Thanks Andrew... Without doing anything (other than updating my SPAD.next which I use for my radio panel)  I’ve now lost the LED lights that used to work with the FSLabs for landing gear (green down/locked and red for in transit) as well as annunciations like starter engaged, fuel pressure etc. It’s been a nightmare trying to get answers from Honeycomb as of yet.