Sign in to follow this  
DJ Rosko

Honeycomb Bravo & Shifted Functions

I've been following this with interest.  I'm not up to the speed of the rest of you using LINDA.  Has anyone made an user.lua like this for the PMDG NGXu? 

Eric Szczesniak

On 12/30/2020 at 8:20 AM, vanzunator said:

a quick update: I've been able to successfully implement all the button mappings on the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle (including the MCP Selector) for both PMDG 747 QOTS II and QW 787 using LINDA's "User Function" feature.  @Phunyun your idea was the foundation for my approach, thank you. Everything works perfectly:

if you are interested in my two LINDA user.lua files to get the Bravo MCP mode selector and increase/decrease rotary switch to work they are here:

There is one thing that I haven't been able to get working: LED lights on Bravo, so let's use the HDG button on Bravo as an example, if I press that button on Bravo (not to be confused with HDG position on the Selector on Bravo), I can easily use LINDA to select HDG HOLD in any aircraft by assigning that button as any other basic key assignment, however there is an LED light behind that switch that we need to turn on now, in PMDG 747 QOTS II the variable (MCP_annunHDG_HOLD is the variable we need to check, if the value is 1 the light should be turned on, if the value is 0 the light should be turned off), any suggestion on how we can do this in LINDA?

All my flightsim builds are based on LINDA and I would like to avoid using Honeycomb Configurator at all costs (if possible) for many reasons including lack of proper documentation, lack of community support (compared to LINDA) and very intrusive integration to P3D among other reasons.

BravoLEDs.jpg?psid=1

Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated.

This is awesome! the autopilot panel works perfectly with your code! Million thanks!

Thank you very much for making Linda available for everyone, however Linda only recognise PMDG747-400 variant but not the PMDG747-8F extension package, anyone has a solution to that?

3 hours ago, FatSimmer said:

This is awesome! the autopilot panel works perfectly with your code! Million thanks!

Thank you very much for making Linda available for everyone, however Linda only recognise PMDG747-400 variant but not the PMDG747-8F extension package, anyone has a solution to that?

Great, it works for me as well ! Many thanks.

On 12/30/2020 at 8:20 AM, vanzunator said:

a quick update: I've been able to successfully implement all the button mappings on the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle (including the MCP Selector) for both PMDG 747 QOTS II and QW 787 using LINDA's "User Function" feature.  @Phunyun your idea was the foundation for my approach, thank you. Everything works perfectly:

if you are interested in my two LINDA user.lua files to get the Bravo MCP mode selector and increase/decrease rotary switch to work they are here:

Thank you very much @vanzunator, wonderful work!

Not a programmer here but after looking around, I've managed to edit them to work with the PMDG 777 and 737 as well after some investigation. @ESzczesniak

Sorry I don't use github, but where the 747 file has the following:,

MCP_VS_SELECTOR_dec()
MCP_SPEED_SELECTOR_dec()
MCP_ALT_SELECTOR_incfast()
MCP_HDG_SELECTOR_inc()
EFIS_CPT_BARO_inc()

You just need to change the following (for both inc & dec)

737:
NGX_AP_VS_inc()
NGX_AP_SPD_inc()
NGX_AP_ALT_incfast()
NGX_AP_HDG_inc()
NGX_EFIS_BARO_inc()

777:
PMDG_AP_VS_inc()
PMDG_AP_SPD_inc()
PMDG_AP_ALT_incfast()
PMDG_AP_HDG_inc()
EFIS_CPT_BARO_inc()

I am facing a different issue however with the PMDG aircraft, my input through the Bravo/Linda lags horribly, not just the dials but also the other buttons, and I can't make proper adjustments as a result. This doesn't happen with the QW787. I'm running FSX-SE with Linda 3.1.1. Does anyone face this issue as well?

• Like 1

Can someone help me out here as I am very new to Linda. Where exactly does the user.lua file needs to be? I've been looking around and placed it in the C:\Users\user\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\LINDA\aircrafts\PMDG 737 NGXu folder but for some reason it is not working. Please note that I have made the changes in the file such as suggested by @F343G because I want to make this work for the NGXu.

NGX_AP_VS_inc()
NGX_AP_SPD_inc()
NGX_AP_ALT_incfast()
NGX_AP_HDG_inc()
NGX_EFIS_BARO_inc()

After the file is in the correct location do I need to configure some buttons in Linda itself or should just work?

Thanks

rb_banner_driver.png

@Sunny Andonov The file looks to be in the correct directory, but I don't have P3D so I can't confirm what the functions are for the P3D version PMDG. I think the P3D version most likely has different names for th functions. You can try to find the function name in the actions.lua file in the same folder. 

eg. for the VS function for the PMDG777 in actions.lua: 

function PMDG_AP_VS_inc ()
    ipc.control(69854, 128)
    PMDG_AP_VS_show ()
end

The bolded line is what you need to rename it to, this should work for every aircraft that already has a LINDA module

You will still need to assign the User functions in LINDA to the correct buttons.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

@F343G thank you very much. I finally got it working. My user.lua file was correct with all the functions etc. What I missed is assigning the User functions. However, I am facing the lag problem and I am on P3Dv5.1. I don't have it on the buttons but only on the rotaries and didn't notice it until now. I hope there is a solution for that as well. And finally, the LED lights of course. Would be nice to see that working 🙂

Thanks again! 

rb_banner_driver.png

@Sunny Andonov You're welcome! Have a check through your FSUIPC settings, make sure all the logging is off and see if it works, it solved the lag problem for me.

I have just found this thread and I also just received my Bravo Throttle (last Thursday). I am still using FSX and trying to map all of the buttons, especially the dials. I just heard about Linda and have downloaded it and will most likely install it tomorrow. From all of the posts, I'm now beginning to think that this thread is related to P3D and not FSX, but are there many differences between mapping FSX and P3D?

@F343G logging is disabled in FSUIPC as well as Autosave which I think is also known for causing lag. I don't know what it could be.... maybe I am way too used to turning the MCP knobs with the mouse wheel but there the response is spot on. When turning the bravo rotary I see a delay for sure, even after I stop turning the rotary I see the knob moving for a second or two in the MCP. I will keep digging what could possibly be causing this delay. Thank you for your suggestion.

@PilotTe welcome, I think there is almost no difference in the LINDA settings for FSX and P3D. Maybe this thread is in a way more related to P3D but there are others with FSX that were able to achieve the same result as I read above. Just follow @F343G post https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/591723-honeycomb-bravo-shifted-functions/?do=findComment&comment=4453528 (what I also did) and he is on FSX but I was able to make it work on P3D following his post. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

rb_banner_driver.png

I have another question and I beg your patience with me. I am just getting into LINDA.

So far, I have mapped my Bravo Axis (Engine 1 Throttle, Engine 2 Throttle, Speed Brake, Flap, Trim, and Reversers) through FSUIPC

I am now trying to use the lua code that was given for the 747, changing it for the 737. My problem is, where exactly do I insert it? Am I inserting it into the user.lua file in my aircraft PMDG 737 folder or is it somewhere else? When I find the correct file to insert it into (supposing that's what I'm supposed to do, where exactly do I insert it, within the code? I'm excited for all that I have learned in the last couple of hours trying to get the few switches I have working.

@PilotTe All user developed functions should be planned in the user.lua in that aircraft's folder (eg. /linda/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX). This means they will not be overwritten when the main module is updated.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

@PilotTe All user developed functions should be planned in the user.lua in that aircraft's folder (eg. /linda/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX). This means they will not be overwritten when the main module is updated.

Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to actually get the code to actually work with the aircraft. Seems like everything is connected in terms of programs, but nothing I have coded or actions that I have selected work when synced.

10 minutes ago, PilotTe said:

Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to actually get the code to actually work with the aircraft. Seems like everything is connected in terms of programs, but nothing I have coded or actions that I have selected work when synced.

Remember to reload the LUA engine after making and saving any changes to your code. To test individual functions you can run them by right-clicking on the function name (a pop up appears in the Flt Sim).

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

3 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Remember to reload the LUA engine after making any changes to your code. To test individual functions you can run them by right-clicking on the function name (a pop up appears in the Flt Sim).

I will definitely try that. Please forgive my ignorance, but when I click save (after assigning a button in LINDA) and then resync a message pops up on FSX saying that it has been synced. But should I be doing an extra step with user.lua? I appreciate the guidance.