Sign in to follow this  
DJ Rosko

Honeycomb Bravo & Shifted Functions

Just now, PilotTe said:

I will definitely try that. Please forgive my ignorance, but when I click save (after assigning a button in LINDA) and then resync a message pops up on FSX saying that it has been synced. But should I be doing an extra step with user.lua? I appreciate the guidance.

You may be confusing assigning a function to a button and creating a function in user.lua in the LINDA Editor.

After you assign a function it will automatically reload the configuration so that it works straight away.

However, when writing or editing code you have to save it in the Editor before restarting the LUA engine. This loads the altered code so that it will run.

You can develop new code without having to assign it. After saving and reloading you simply right click on the function name to run it.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

On 1/14/2021 at 9:34 AM, F343G said:

Thank you very much @vanzunator, wonderful work!

Not a programmer here but after looking around, I've managed to edit them to work with the PMDG 777 and 737 as well after some investigation. @ESzczesniak

Sorry I don't use github, but where the 747 file has the following:,

MCP_VS_SELECTOR_dec()
MCP_SPEED_SELECTOR_dec()
MCP_ALT_SELECTOR_incfast()
MCP_HDG_SELECTOR_inc()
EFIS_CPT_BARO_inc()

You just need to change the following (for both inc & dec)

737:
NGX_AP_VS_inc()
NGX_AP_SPD_inc()
NGX_AP_ALT_incfast()
NGX_AP_HDG_inc()
NGX_EFIS_BARO_inc()

777:
PMDG_AP_VS_inc()
PMDG_AP_SPD_inc()
PMDG_AP_ALT_incfast()
PMDG_AP_HDG_inc()
EFIS_CPT_BARO_inc()

I am facing a different issue however with the PMDG aircraft, my input through the Bravo/Linda lags horribly, not just the dials but also the other buttons, and I can't make proper adjustments as a result. This doesn't happen with the QW787. I'm running FSX-SE with Linda 3.1.1. Does anyone face this issue as well?

Well, I finally got all of my buttons working which is a huge accomplishment for me. Now it's time to work on the dials. I see user code that was created and I am grateful for the 737 change to help them work. I just don't know what file to insert that into and where exactly it goes so that I can get it to work. 

These are the settings I have so far in LINDA

Alpha
Lights

21 – NGX BEACON off
22 – NGS BEACON on
23 – NGX LAND ALL off
24 – NGX LAND ALL on
25 – NGX TAXI ALL off
26 – NGX TAXI ALL on
27 – NGX NAV strobe
28 – NGX NAV steady
29 – NGX LOGO off
30 – NGX LOGO on 

Brakes
  4 – Brakes
31 – NGX AUTOBRAKE OFF
32 – NGX AUTOBRAKE 1
33 – NGX AUTOBRAKE 2
34 – NGX AUTOBRAKE 3
35 – NGX AUTOBRAKE MAX

Bravo
Top Buttons

1 – NGX AP HDGSEL
2 – NGX AP VORLOC
3 – NGX AP APP
4 – NGX AP LNAV
5 – NGS AP VNAV
6 – NGX AP LVLCHG
7 – NGX AP SPEED
8 – NGX AP CMDA toggle

17 – 21 – this is where the dial selectors should be

Switches
31 – NGX GEAR up
32 – NGX GEAR down

34 – NGX AP FD1 on
35 – NGX AP FD1 off
36 – NGX AP ATHR arm
37 – NGX AP ATHR off

44 – NGX XPND MODE tara
45 – NGX XPND MODE stby
46 – NGX AP FD2 on
47 – NGX AP FD2 off

Looks like I cannot delete my previous post or edit it so I'll try another post.

I DID IT!!!! I copied the user.lua into the user.lua of the aircraft folder. I found another message saying that. I changed the vc stuff to NGX and now I have all of the buttons working. 

In the code, there is no variable for the CRS as it says there isn't one for it. Here's my contribution to the group!

NGX_AP_CRS_LR_inc()

NGX_AP_CRS_LR_dec()

It works on mine! Now after 6 hours of programing I can go get groceries. Thanks for all the posts and help!

I would like to start with my gratitude to you all. I have going through this post for the past days for setting up my Saitek yoke and Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant and this thread has been a lot of help with the interfacing everything with Linda.

To everyone which is still looking to get some lights on the Bravo throttle quadrant, you can do this the following way (could not find this on the internet):

1. Find the Lvars with Linda via this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpc6ZUX_J3g&t=165s

2. Assign the Lvars to the lights in the Honeycomb configurator tool, tutorial for those who need: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=SsMpADUerBE&list=PLCM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl&index=4

Again thank you all for the aid.

EDIT: I am only able to asign the lights to some Lvars, not all lights on the bravo throttle can be assigned to the correct light. I think.

Edited by Bram Kempers
Did some tests, not everything seemed to work