Sign in to follow this  
mihalich

Correct procedure for flight plan when letting P2A do star

Hi,

I have a question about the right way to do this in Pilot2Atc.  I have the options set to let the app choose the star and approach (also have auto load procedures unchecked).  So i set up my departure/destination airport and enter the sid and enroute waypoints, and just put in a destination runway setting, and then file the flight plan.  that works fine, and all is well.

When i get close to the star general area, it tells me the star and transition, and i put that in the FMC of the plane.  

At this point though, the Pilot2Atc flight plan doesn't update with the procedure it gave me.  And when the plane starts flying the star, the app is telling me i'm off course cuz it only has a direct line from the last waypoint directly to the destination airport...but the plane is flying the star.

So my question is, is there a way to get the star and approach to get put into the app flight plan and have it calculate the right TOD all as if it was entered the same way if I was forcing the star and approach?  Cuz the other issue is, it stops giving me the correctly actions after that.  like it never tells me to descend out of the cruise altitude, etc.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

After you get the STAR and Approach info, and get it entered into the FMS and start flying it, then enter them into P2A also.  Be sure the route displayed in P2A matches what the plane is flying.

Dave

ok.  when i add the new points to P2A, the green color on the 'file flight plan' button goes away.  is that ok, and P2A will continue to use the flight plan i filed but with the amended star/approach?

Joe

P2A will continue to use the plan that it created.  Adding the STAR and Approach to your view of the plan is so you can track if your plane is really off course or not.  

Sometimes, you'll be off course when you are first given the new route and by entering it into P2A it will be easier to see that and correct accordingly.

Dave

18 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

After you get the STAR and Approach info, and get it entered into the FMS and start flying it, then enter them into P2A also.  Be sure the route displayed in P2A matches what the plane is flying.

Hmm. I don't understand that bit "then enter them into P2A also. ". I always assumed that if P2A told me of the STAR and approach it would be aware of them. after all it told me. I wouldn't want to get out of my enclosed cockpit to go to the P"A PC and start adding stuff there (presumably while the sim is paused).

Or am I misunderstanding you here?

I seem to be left to my own navigation once I've reached the transition point, which I think is correct when on a STAR? When closer I get the hand off to tower.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete,

Yes, the ATC part of P2A is aware of it and you do not have to enter it into P2A UNLESS you want to see it displayed in P2A, on the User Interface part of P2A. 

In other words, P2A has 2 copies of the flight plan.  One for ATC and one for the user.  The ATC one starts when you File the plan.  As the flight proceeds, conditions and interaction with the pilot might cause ATC to change a procedure.  This change is not displayed, but is used for ATC tracking and instructions.  If you want to see the change on the P2A map or flight plan, you would have to enter the change, just like you have to enter it into the FMS.

Hope that clarifies it.

Dave

37 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Yes, the ATC part of P2A is aware of it and you do not have to enter it into P2A UNLESS you want to see it displayed in P2A, on the User Interface part of P2A. 

Ah, good. Thanks.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

In my case there is a lot of P2ATC  STAR proceduras that i can't choose in my A320 FMC bcs doesn't exist. I can't understand it bcs  ia m using the same airac cycle in both  of them, Anyone knows how to solve it? It's very frustrating  at the end of the flight , i know that it.s a problem of the game bcs P2ATC have the real and correct procedures  

Edited by motishow
  • Upvote 1