Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

Some of the features of the 22th December Update

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

Looks lice cherry on top of ice cake 🙂

Or rather, the icing!😉

I have deliberately not yet flown a single flight with snow (or even enabled it briefly whilst on the ground) as I was holding out for real time - or at least predicted - snow wherever I chose to fly. Looking forward to my first 'white flight'👍

Edited by 109Sqn
typo

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The service they use for their live weather, Meteoblue, tracks snow depth and Sea ice, so I imagine that's where the data will come from..

Cripes, if they manage to get sea ice in I might just soil myself.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The service they use for their live weather, Meteoblue, tracks snow depth and Sea ice, so I imagine that's where the data will come from..

EA4Usc2.png

Oh is this the new beta version, it's like Windy, I like it.

Not sure if this will show off the tech they premiered in the let it snow demo, would be great if it did though. A closer look at some of the screens reveals varying depths of snow against static objects, rather than even coverage - frankly it looks amazing and truly next gen vs just painting everything white.

Let's have some pitching 😁

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

So we will have summer trees with snow on the ground now???

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

the update will add real-time snow and true-to-life ice coverage to the entire planet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

So we will have summer trees with snow on the ground now???

For all we know they're going to add winter trees next week.

10 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

For all we know they're going to add winter trees next week.

Did they say this somewhere in the patch notes or are we speculating?

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

28 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Did they say this somewhere in the patch notes or are we speculating?

Just speculation. We haven't gotten any patch notes yet, probably won't until it releases like normal.

Edited by Tuskin38

Those asking for snow coverage or even seasons: what do you think is the reason that the release for the XBOX is again planned for summer time (in the northern hemisphere)? Exactly, seasons wont be in the sim even when the XBOX release is imminent. It was already a hazardous move from MS/Asobo to release the sim for PC end of August, where some regions were already almost in autumn. With a release in winter, the sim would have attracted much, much less people, I am sure. Same seems to apply now for the XBOX release, personally I do not expect to see proper seasons (including snow coverage) anywhere before winter 2021/22. Sadly...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Snow for the entire planet, am I reading that right? That would be bizarre here in Cape Town where it's the height of summer and in my lifetime I've never seen any snow, at least not at sea level or in coastal areas.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.