Sign in to follow this  
IcemanFBW

FlyByWire A32NX 0.5.0 Stable Released!

Hey everyone! We're excited to announce the long-awaited 0.5.0 stable release of the FlyByWire A32NX, including major new features such as Simbrief integration, ATSU and OPTIONS menu, a reworked flight model, overhauled interior and exterior sounds, improved lighting, and much more! It can be downloaded directly below or through our installer.

We are aware everyone was looking forward to new features such as electrical & hydraulic systems and our new custom fly-by-wire system, but unfortunately we ran into a few issues with the SDK and are waiting on MS/Asobo to address them before we can include them in a stable version. If you don't mind a few bugs, and are interested in trying out the experimental custom fly-by-wire branch, you can download it here: https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip

Download 0.5.0 here: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/releases/download/v0.5.0/flybywiresim-a32nx.zip

Changelog

Major new features:

• AOC INIT REQUEST SimBrief integration
  • Completely reworked flight model (Flaps, AOA, drag/thrust ratio, vertical stabilizer)
  • Completely reworked engine, cockpit, and ground roll sounds
  • Completely reworked interior and exterior lighting
  • Major improvements to PFD, ND, EWD and SD display graphics
  • Improved speed calculations (S, F, VApp, VLS), including ground speed mini implementation
  • Added support for airways
  • Implemented ATSU/AOC with METAR/TAF/ATIS requests and free text
  • Implemented OPTIONS MCDU menu for configuring user settings
    • ADIRS alignment time
    • DMC self-test time
    • METAR/TAF/ATIS request sources
    • Switching between metric and imperial units

Minor new features:

• Added COND ECAM page
  • Added CABIN PRESS ECAM page
  • Added ELEC ECAM page (currently not functional)
  • Implemented ECAM "ALL" button functionality
  • Added Go-Around MCDU page and flight phase
  • Improved RAD NAV MCDU page
  • Improved cockpit textures and decals
  • Basic CFDS implementation with EIS display tests
  • Overhauled MCDU message and scratchpad handling
  • Separated windshield wipers
  • New default camera positions
  • Added many new ECAM warnings and memos
  • Added G LOAD indication to lower ECAM
  • Added flashing QNH when passing transition altitude
  • New icing detected ECAM messages

Bug fixes:

Known Issues:

• Default A320neo landing challenges do not work (intended)
  • ELEC ECAM page is not functional
  • HYD ECAM page is missing
  • GPWS altitude callouts can be repeated in some cases
  • Various issues related to following STAR’s in managed heading mode
  • Minor issues with following altitude constraints in managed altitude mode
  • Cannot press INIT REQUEST twice during the same flight when using Simbrief integration
  • ADIRS “ON BAT” light has not been implemented yet
  • Engines won't turn off (make sure you have unlimited fuel disabled)

Edited by IcemanFBW
  • Like 29
  • Upvote 3

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

Phantastic! Thank you so much for your incredible work! 

Are there any news about VNAV-integration...?

Best regards from Curacao 

Lars

28 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

Hey everyone! We're excited to announce the long-awaited 0.5.0 stable release of the FlyByWire A32NX, including major new features such as Simbrief integration, ATSU and OPTIONS menu, a reworked flight model, overhauled interior and exterior sounds, improved lighting, and much more! It can be downloaded directly below or through our installer.

We are aware everyone was looking forward to new features such as electrical & hydraulic systems and our new custom fly-by-wire system, but unfortunately we ran into a few issues with the SDK and are waiting on MS/Asobo to address them before we can include them in a stable version. If you don't mind a few bugs, and are interested in trying out the experimental custom fly-by-wire branch, you can download it here: https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip

Cool!  Also, do you guys have any ideas on when the custom autopilot by FBW will be available in the dev branch?  The most anticipated change for the community is the custom autopilot you guys are working on, so that future patches from Asobo won't break the autopilot of the FBW A320.  If you can't disclose or estimate how much longer the custom autopilot will take, can you at least share the complexities of developing it and the hurdles the FBW team has to overcome to get a decent custom autopilot working?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Cool!  Also, do you guys have any ideas on when the custom autopilot by FBW will be available in the dev branch?  The most anticipated change for the community is the custom autopilot you guys are working on, so that future patches from Asobo won't break the autopilot of the FBW A320.  If you can't disclose or estimate how much longer the custom autopilot will take, can you at least share the complexities of developing it and the hurdles the FBW team has to overcome to get a decent custom autopilot working?

You can try it now here - https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip

It's basically the dev branch with the custom fbw added.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Awesome Work guys ! Quick question, is there a separate A320  Neo simbrief profile with the correct empty weight, or is it just the default A320 200  and edit weights ?

Hi, thanks for the nice work. I remember seeing some days ago your repo with the WASM code for the custom FBW system, but it seems to be gone now. Have you switched it to private?. Just wondering, as I wanted to see the source to understand what you guys did "under the hood". Mostly curiosity, no biggie.

Thanks again!

Enrique Vaamonde

Thank you, thank you and thank you FlyByWire team. Excellent work as always. Really appreciate it!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

You can try it now here - https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip

It's basically the dev branch with the custom fbw added.

Custom FBW, not custom autopilot, right? Or does this include the new autopilot system as well?

Edited by FlyingInACessna

1 hour ago, evaamo said:

Hi, thanks for the nice work. I remember seeing some days ago your repo with the WASM code for the custom FBW system, but it seems to be gone now. Have you switched it to private?. Just wondering, as I wanted to see the source to understand what you guys did "under the hood". Mostly curiosity, no biggie.

Thanks again!

The WASM code is now in the a32nx repository on the branch „fbw“.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Custom FBW, not custom autopilot, right? Or does this include the new autopilot system as well?

It’s the custom FBW system, right. The custom AP is in a stage of working on the base laws, it’s not yet integrated in a way to be usable.

Here are some previews:

• Like 8

Is nice to hear that, @IcemanFBW I have a question, in case things may take longer to fix the issue of the FD when the custom fly by wire system is enabled, would it be possible to include a button in the installer to download the mod with the custom fly by wire system? Honestly, after flying for weeks with the custom fly by wire dev version, it made it so hard for me to go back to the default one lol.

keep up the awesome job folks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Agree. The custom FBW version into the official installer would be great.  Its very usable and any bugs are easy to workaround. If aircraft AP is not behaving as required, its simple to takeover manually, or adjust the AP with a different mode. What I do notice is the FD is often centered even though its in a bank whether the HDG is changed or its in NAV mode.   Most times it still follows instructions though. Outstanding work and much appreciated!

• Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Does the experimental custom fly-by-wire dev version include the latest additions to the stable version (like simbrief integration)?

After several flights with the custom fly-by-wire version there is no way back to the default for me. I never had issues, so I would also support that to be optionally included in the installer.

Edited by RALF9636

Thanks Flybywire Team - love your work, keep it up 🤩

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Great news, FBW team! Will download and try immediately. Does the cfbw version include the stable 0.5.0 changes and fixes?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"