Sign in to follow this  
IcemanFBW

FlyByWire A32NX 0.5.0 Stable Released!

On 12/21/2020 at 3:16 PM, lambourne said:

Took 0.5.0 for a short flight earlier. Seems really good but I burnt less than a ton of fuel on a 140nm sector at FL210, which seems quite a long way off. I don't have unlimited fuel enabled, unless the latest patch reset that.

FWIW I also thought the engine start sounds were a bit basic. There's a guy on Youtube who made a custom sound pack for the Aerosoft A320 which is the nearest I've heard to being in the real aircraft, though his pack only has the CEO IAE and CFM engines:

All of our sounds (including engine sounds) are based off of real A320/A320neo recordings taken by our pilots and technicians, and our final sounds in the sim are reviewed and approved by them as well, to be as close to the real LEAP 1A-26 as possible. Here's a real-life startup video of the engine for comparison:

Granted, a lot of people aren't fans of the Neo engines and prefer the old CEO engines and their distinctive startup and buzzsaw sounds - we're planning to add CEO variants (the old EIS1 types with CRT screens!) eventually, but it'll take a while.

• Like 5

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:05 PM, duckbilled said:

I was totally trying to come up with a description, so forgive me if this makes no sense.

In the cockpit, it is right at the end of the sound of the engines spooling up. There is an odd sound for about 2 seconds just before the spooling sound fades away. Seems like it should smoothly blend into the sound of the engines running.

Please look up videos of the CFM LEAP-1A startup, you will see that the sound is there. I am the sound dev and I have spent months making that LEAP sound and the startup is what I am mostly working on to achieve full realism. The LEAP has an iconic "whale call" kind of fadeout that ends very abruptly, there is nothing wrong with the "mixing" or whatever you mentioned

• Like 4

On 12/21/2020 at 5:42 AM, Colonel X said:

So I took the latest stable version for a spin. No initial problems (apart from the horrendously bad sound package), however right after passing the HEC VOR, the bus entered its trademark clockwise downward spiral. "Fixed the autopilot", right.

Really not nice of you to call the sound package which has been confirmed by many IRL a320neo pilots as very realistic "horrendous". You could at least say what you do not like about it rather than straight up insulting it.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mcmini said:

Really not nice of you

Amazing work what you did and I easily believe that it took months to get all the various sound snippets together. Having said that people not knowledgeable of the real thing - whatever it may be - judge by their expectations and then miss aircraft flap sounds or APU sounds and other stuff which does just not exist for all or a specific aircraft like an airbus. So please don’t feel insulted and keep up your work. Merry Christmas 

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 hours ago, mcmini said:

Really not nice of you to call the sound package which has been confirmed by many IRL a320neo pilots as very realistic "horrendous". You could at least say what you do not like about it rather than straight up insulting it.

I would'nt worry. Colonal X a well known supporter of another sim...

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

You and your friends did a great and wonderful job. Just ignore the remarks of folks that are not in the know of how the "real thing" sounds. Merry Christmas to you and your partners and thanks a lot for all the good work you guys are doing.

Edited by hvw
Typo
  • Like 2

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I am the sound dev and I have spent months making that LEAP sound and the startup is what I am mostly working on to achieve full realism. 

You did a great job. The sounds are phenomenal and one of the best features of the add on.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I would'nt worry. Colonal X a well known supporter of another sim...

Well he has been always negative (just sayin') 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

On 12/22/2020 at 4:25 AM, IcemanFBW said:

We're considering it... no sense in re-inventing the wheel since they've already done amazing work there. However, there are a significant amount of changes we've made to the default flight plan manager over time to slowly get constraints working, so we would need to merge those in. Will keep everyone updated on the status of this. We hope to work together with the Salty 747 crew and hopefully aid them in integrating it as well.

That would really makes sense if the three of you have a common repo for the flight manager that can work in these three aircrafts, keep up the good stuff 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

7 hours ago, mcmini said:

It might be realistic. But recording and/or mastering is bad. Low fidelity, missing frequencies (midtones) and in the chase view, lacking low frequencies. Overall much worse than default quality wise.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Well he has been always negative (just sayin') 

False statement.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

This ability to mute certian individuals is great.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

8 hours ago, IcemanFBW said:

All of our sounds (including engine sounds) are based off of real A320/A320neo recordings taken by our pilots and technicians, and our final sounds in the sim are reviewed and approved by them as well, to be as close to the real LEAP 1A-26 as possible.

👍 Great to hear!

Thanks for all your efforts. Sounds add so much to immersion and having it done properly - like you guys do - is invaluable.

One question: I don't hear the PTU before starting #2. I guess that's normal as well?

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 hours ago, IcemanFBW said:

Granted, a lot of people aren't fans of the Neo engines and prefer the old CEO engines and their distinctive startup and buzzsaw sounds - we're planning to add CEO variants (the old EIS1 types with CRT screens!) eventually, but it'll take a while.

Excellent to hear, the Airbus CEO engines are some of my favourites IRL so it will be nice to have that choice in the future.  In the meantime I’ll happily enjoy the NEO soundset and think about how much happier the noise abatement people must be with me 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

It might be realistic. But recording and/or mastering is bad. Low fidelity, missing frequencies (midtones) and in the chase view, lacking low frequencies. Overall much worse than default quality wise.

I used the highest sound samples I could possibly find, I definitely, for sure added mid tones with buzzsaw and other small details. You are one of the only people that seems to think so, and I think you are just negative as someone else said. Merry Christmas to you.

Edited by mcmini
  • Like 2