Sign in to follow this  
IcemanFBW

FlyByWire A32NX 0.5.0 Stable Released!

15 minutes ago, mcmini said:

I used the highest sound samples I could possibly find, I definitely, for sure added mid tones with buzzsaw and other small details. You are one of the only people that seems to think so, and I think you are just negative as someone else said. Merry Christmas to you.

I'm not always negative, that's simply not true. I tested the NX on Sony headphones. The recordings are just not up to scratch, sorry. I believe you it's the best you could "find", but that's the point. The original sound, while it might not be overly realistic, is a perfect production. Of course this can't be matched with stuff pilots recorded with their phones (that's what it sounds like). And they don't record exterior sounds during flight - which sound fantastic with the original plane, and seems half-done in the NX, flimsy and powerless.

I think one could probably replace it with the original sounds. But at the moment, there's no incentive for using the NX as the performance issues and introduced stutters aren't worth the benefits - for me of course that is. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Colonel X

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

12 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

I'm not always negative, that's simply not true. I tested the NX on Sony headphones. The recordings are just not up to scratch, sorry. I believe you it's the best you could "find", but that's the point. The original sound, while it might not be overly realistic, is a perfect production. Of course this can't be matched with stuff pilots recorded with their phones (that's what it sounds like). And they don't record exterior sounds during flight - which sounds fantastic in the original plane, and seems half-done in the NX, flimsy and powerless.

again, you are the only person that seems to think that. We have people who are very picky to audio say that it is very rich and clear audio with all of the right frequencies. The majority of people, even the picky ones say they love the sound much more than the default and it sounds much more powerful and rich. We tested on many different headphones, different configurations, and 7.1 surround sound and it sounded good on each one. If you dont like that, i completely understand, no need to go around calling it horrendous though

Edited by mcmini
  • Like 4

Well, if some people believe it's "much more powerful and rich" than default - well, I'll just leave that as is. But only because I seem to be the only one voicing my disappointment with the sound here in the forum, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that everybody else likes it. 

-

29 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Well, if some people believe it's "much more powerful and rich" than default - well, I'll just leave that as is. But only because I seem to be the only one voicing my disappointment with the sound here in the forum, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that everybody else likes it. 

okay, im sorry you don't like it. I will keep trying to improve it

5 minutes ago, mcmini said:

okay, im sorry you don't like it. I will keep trying to improve it

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I appreciate your effort and actually feel bad for dissing the results. However I always talk straight and I hate how the NX sounds. But I guess we both can live with these realizations and get along, like we do in real life, which is full of morons that we do tolerate because otherwise we'd all become small time Unabombers.

-

@mcmini thank you for all of your efforts on this soundset, I certainly enjoy and appreciate it.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

We appreciate the work you guys put in, and the lengths you go to for accuracy...Maybe he doesn't like the fact that a freeware product is coming on leaps and bounds.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

8 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Aber im Moment gibt es keinen Anreiz, den NX zu verwenden, da Leistungsprobleme und eingeführte Ruckler die Vorteile nicht wert sind

Agree, I don't care how the Neo sounds at the moment, but the stuttering is a no-go for me.

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

21 hours ago, mcmini said:

Please look up videos of the CFM LEAP-1A startup, you will see that the sound is there. I am the sound dev and I have spent months making that LEAP sound and the startup is what I am mostly working on to achieve full realism. The LEAP has an iconic "whale call" kind of fadeout that ends very abruptly, there is nothing wrong with the "mixing" or whatever you mentioned

Look, I think your team has done amazing work and it has saved MSFS for me. No one is disputing that the FBW package is far beyond what anyone has done for free in the past few years. I'm hearing something funny at the end of engine start up while inside the cockpit. I have never been on a A320NEO let alone sat in the cockpit during engine startup, so I don't know if the sound is intentional or if something is wrong. I'm trying to figure out whether I am hearing things correctly or if there is a problem with my system. Do you have a video of the CFM LEAP-1A startup from the cockpit or even a recording up your startup sounds?

The sound I am hearing occurs at 11% N1 for each engine, but I can't find the words to describe the sound. It just doesn't sound like anything I've heard on an aircraft.

Edited by duckbilled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

13 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Look, I think your team has done amazing work and it has saved MSFS for me. No one is disputing that the FBW package is far beyond what anyone has done for free in the past few years. I'm hearing something funny at the end of engine start up while inside the cockpit. I have never been on a A320NEO let alone sat in the cockpit during engine startup, so I don't know if the sound is intentional or if something is wrong. I'm trying to figure out whether I am hearing things correctly or if there is a problem with my system. Do you have a video of the CFM LEAP-1A startup from the cockpit or even a recording up your startup sounds?

The sound I am hearing occurs at 11% N1 for each engine, but I can't find the words to describe the sound. It just doesn't sound like anything I've heard on an aircraft.

again, it is intentional. the leap engine is very random in its startup so the fadeout from the fuel flow into idle is abrupt and weird and sounds more like a whale call rather than a traditional smooth transition to idle

• Like 1

Just an info,

if leap1a engine is hot(egt above 150 c), engine start sequence is delayed to cool down egt, engine just rotoring for this period(can be delayed to 2 minutes)... After engine is cooled down, fuel injection and ignition is starting. 

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

20 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

Just an info,

if leap1a engine is hot(egt above 150 c), engine start sequence is delayed to cool down egt, engine just rotoring for this period(can be delayed to 2 minutes)... After engine is cooled down, fuel injection and ignition is starting. 

yup, we will be implementing the crank phase soon

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mcmini said:

again, it is intentional. the leap engine is very random in its startup so the fadeout from the fuel flow into idle is abrupt and weird and sounds more like a whale call rather than a traditional smooth transition to idle

I hear the sound you are referring to in this video. What I am hearing doesn't sound like that. That does sound like a whale, but what I'm hearing doesn't is different

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just now, duckbilled said:

I hear the sound you are referring to in this video. What I am hearing doesn't sound like that. That does sound like a whale, but what I'm hearing doesn't is different

not a leap engine

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

im referring to this video 

at 1:30 - im still working on it a bit but i think it sounds pretty close