Sign in to follow this  
IcemanFBW

FlyByWire A32NX 0.5.0 Stable Released!

12 minutes ago, mcmini said:

im referring to this video 

at 1:30 - im still working on it a bit but i think it sounds pretty close

Cool. Thank you for that. I see what you are talking about.

• Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I am sure that I am doing something stupid here, but for my last couple of attempted flights I cannot seem to get the AP to allow me to enter an altitude (the window just shows ---100 and vs up above it).  I never touched the VS knob.    It seems stuck in some sort of managed v/s mode, even when I click the altitude selector for engauge altitude select mode.  Before it was working fine.  What am doing wrong?  I am used to Boeings, and am still trying to get my head around the airbus system

Thanks

Andrew Jones

Just to add to the above, in addition to V/S above the numbers, it says Level Change.  I want to get it out of this mode, so that I can enter my first assigned altitude from ATC.  I am sure that this is an Airbus thing, and not a bug, but I would really appreciate some help.

Andrew Jones

On 12/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, mcmini said:

I used the highest sound samples I could possibly find, I definitely, for sure added mid tones with buzzsaw and other small details. You are one of the only people that seems to think so, and I think you are just negative as someone else said. Merry Christmas to you.

Been here for years and nothing changed with some people. lol 

• Like 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Shutting down three of the mfd' s really helps with micro stutters since last patch.

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Every day, I try and find something to be grateful for... today it is 

N35wRMK.jpg

SwWNx1f.jpg

We moan about the dearth of airliners and systems depth, but can't you just imagine the delight, when all this works like it should?

I can- Happy 2021- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks Carl, this looks like a good time and place to introduce something new and exciting for 2021.

For those of us that grew up flying small twins and Citations that never made it to the bigtime of flying the B737 or A320 there is light at the end of the tunnel.

You can learn to fly the fbw A32nx online with a realworld active pilot as your instructor. The program will be ready for your enrollment in a matter of days. Just a few more videos, dotting a few eyes and crossing a few tees.

This is the real deal with super HD videos with excellent sounds.  The program was built from the ground up to train simulator pilots using the high end FSL A320 for P3D and the FlightFactor A320 for x-Plane.  Due to the excellent progress of the FlyByWire team, their A320nx will be added to the list, along with a custom repaint for MSFS.

I don't want to spill all the beans here at this time, but, I can tell you that everyone involved in the training program is 5 star quality and at the top of the heap in whatever specialty is being used at the time.  The videos are such quality they almost look 3D and the pace is what is best for Airbus pilots to teach flight sim pilots.  These are not demo flights on youTube, these are true training flights and orientations, discussions, flight planning, walk arounds, setups, etc.

You can learn at your own pace with a total of 6 modules that will include 27 episodes.  Here is module one with the first six episodes to give you an idea of the scope.

image.png.0743c70d7b555ce20301028d945ef577.png

I will be writing the AvSim review of this training so look for a dedicated thread in a few weeks to follow the progress.

Regards,
Ray

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

For all things Fifi I have traditionally relied on -

https://www.twitch.tv/blackbox711   and

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9fggL9PwEqSyMDrlLubVw

The man is patient, kind AND COMPETENT- a rare commodity on the interweb.. there is SO MUCH rubbish.

I suppose you are referring to -

https://www.airline2sim.com/products/airbus-a320-cadet-training-program?mc_cid=00f50c0c9c&mc_eid=96338f6717

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

the FBW team is amazing. I hope it won't be a long time the flight plan manager and calculated TOD works properly. 

I want to fly it on vatsim. Now! 😜

Steady progress seems to be the key.  That along with some genius programming. 😁

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Is anyone still having AP issues with the most recent build? I’m up to date on the stable build and sim up to date, but if I don’t have SEC2 and SEC3 pressed then the plane will tend to veer off the flight plan. 

Edited by Zcott

1 hour ago, Zcott said:

Is anyone still having AP issues with the most recent build? I’m up to date on the stable build and sim up to date, but if I don’t have SEC2 and SEC3 pressed then the plane will tend to veer off the flight plan. 

I was just going to ask a similar question, both with yesterdays dev version and today's on approach the aircraft has started wandering off on it's own again? I tried the stable version, and that too displayed the same issue.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Hi all!

I posted this as a Bug on the FBW GitHub but hoping this will get a larger audience that may be able to provide advice. I have the most recent CFBW Mod (downloaded it again today) as well as FS2020 with the most up to date update. I utilize TCA Thrustmaster Sidestick and Throttle. 

Anytime I do a flight when on autopilot out of nowhere the plane will rapidly and uncontrollably turn right or left leading to a dive. If I disable the autopilot I can manually fly it and correct but once the AP is back on the issue persists. This happens in all flights. I followed a recommendation of increasing the deadzone in my joystick to 10% or higher. I've set it to 15% and it continues to happen. Someone on the report posted a video (https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/issues/2836#issuecomment-753857726) of this happening. 

Does anyone have any other ideas? The bug report seems to point towards by sidestick as the FD does try to point the AP in the correct direction but the plane just turns uncontrollably. If it's my joystick sensativity settings, what do other use that don't have this problem that I could try?

Link the FBW GitHub Issue report: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/issues/2836

I appreciate everyone's support, the CFBW A320 is the only thing that I fly and it saddens me to think I may be unable to use it in the future.

Cheers!

Hello! After last FS2020 update - with installed A32NX - my sim show me "One or more required features are missing" on all A320 missions. 

But custom event loading without issues.