Sign in to follow this  
Hauer

ORBX End-of-Year Sale

Just received notification that ORBX is offering a 30% discount on their own product range & some partners. Some products excluded. Offer ends January 5, 2021.

Just one observation... where are the days that ORBX was offering a 50% discount?!

Herman 🤔

Edited by Hauer
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

51 minutes ago, Hauer said:

Just received notification that ORBX is offering a 30% discount on their own product range & some partners. Some products excluded. Offer ends January 5, 2021.

Just one observation... where are the days that ORBX was offering a 50% discount?!

Herman 🤔

Yep, that was the last time I bought anything from them. But clearly they're getting enough business and don't need to offer greater incentives nowadays.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Think the same... held off buying some items waiting for the end of year sale, to find it is now 30% only... Guess I will hold off this year then and look elsewhere. 

Edited by Mgard78
  • Upvote 2

As frugal as I am, I'll take the 30% discount. It's better than nothing.

Any recommendations for purchase by a low and slow VFR flyer with an emphasis on Western USA in general and California in particular?

I also have what's commonly called frugal senior-itis, and probably will not spend any money on Orbx at this rate of discount.

As per MSLIM request, I'll list my California Orbx airports and not include my PNW Oregon and Washington airports.

KSTS Sonoma 

KPSP Palm Springs

KEKA Murray Field

These are all amazing airports, but I think KSTS requires a higher texture setting within the FSX configuration to properly display the hi-res runways.  Assuming the use of FSX/A.

Edited by kttd
  • Like 2

Thanks kttd! What's the verdict on the True Earth NCA and SCA? I run a 2016 system w/ I7-6700 and GTX 970.

FWIW if anybody's interested in California, I recommend Agua Dulce L70, Catalina KAVX, Burbank KBUR,  Santa Barbara KSBA, Lake Tahoe KTVL , L05 Kern Valley, and Monterey KMRY with the caveat that I may be prejudiced as I was familiar with these in my RW flying.

I know the drill. They are offering only -30% to force p3d out off business, or atleast to force us to upgrade to MSFS****. Hence, they can create detailed sceneries for less money to MSFS. When we need to move to MSFS = we need to invest alot $€£ to regain our product. 

Just one thought. It is odd that the prices went up when the product went down in a sence. If there is a new car around, the old stock gets cheeper not vise versa. 

Theo

Edited by tktheo93
  • Upvote 1

In addition to what you have mslim, I would recommend Big Bear L35, Palm Springs, KPSP, and San Diego KSAN in California.

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

3 hours ago, mslim said:

Between VNY and L70...are you located in the Canyon Country area? I used to live in Northridge, and Canyon Country many years ago when I flew out of Burbank and Van Nuys.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Yep Newhall for 30 yrs. L70 and SZP were my spiritual homes.

Hello all,

I may have said this before, but even at 30% discount, I am going to save thousands of dollars buying up all the ORBX Australian scenery for MSFS.

There is an optomistic viewpoint to this, I just cannot seem to find it. LOL

Rant finished

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

5 hours ago, tktheo93 said:

Hence, they can create detailed sceneries for less money to MSFS.

I'll admit, it does sting seeing even the regular non discounted RRP price of an MSFS edition airport is still cheaper than the P3D or X-Plane equivalent I'd like to buy, and that's even with the P3D / X-Plane edition having 30% off ☹️

I was about to buy telluride today then realized it wasn’t v5. No thanks 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I want to buy the ORBX Nor/So California sceneries but I've been reading about horrible FPS drops with them 😥

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2