Sign in to follow this  
Will Fly For Cheese

SONY pull CyberPunk for not being ready. . .

Are we talking about this?

Do we feel a sense of longing. Refunds being freely given. An admission of sorts that it was released without being ready at all?

Does it strike any chords with MSFS 2020. 

What's the outlook? Better to pull the whole thing and get it right at launch? or dribble out continuous Updates that mend some things and break others?

Is it time to stop the policy of making us Beta Testers for software - unless we're paid?

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Funny. Just came from the Aerosoft CRJ thread and I read this. Wonder if it worked on their computers?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Really? Sure I only fly vfr so am not interested in the study level push buttons to fly thing. I have successfully downloaded the gamepass version by lying where I was from, updated to the premium Deluxe version when it became available in my time zone, applied every update successfully on the first try,and have yet to have a ctd. I spent a year waiting with my brand new gaming rig trying to get into the beta, unsuccessfully. So would have to say.. no

• Like 1

its a totally different thing, cp wont run well on the ps4, thats why.

it does no at all strike a chord with msf2020.

I'm not talking about the intricacies of the software interaction with hardware.

I'm talking about the gaming industry's cut-throat policies on releasing titles before they are ready or fit to fulfil pre-release expectations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I'm not talking about the intricacies of the software interaction with hardware.

I'm talking about the gaming industry's cut-throat policies on releasing titles before they are ready or fit to fulfil pre-release expectations.

They also need to stop putting out release dates 1-2 years in advance. It's been a growing problem in the last 15 years but now that we have the internet speeds to download patches that are GB's in size it's seems to be getting worse. 

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Plenty of triple A games are a buggy mess upon release. Take Stalker SoC, for example. Close to unplayable when it was released. Pretty much took years and the modding community to get it on track. 

But, with SoC the underlying game was always brilliant and immersive. A terrific, atmospheric and truly original setting, great game play, etc. If the last 2 hours of the game don't get your heart racing, you're probably dead already. 

In contrast, and judging by the many reviews and playthroughs on youtube, the core gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 just seems, welll...kinda bland and boring. I can't see myself getting hooked the same way the Deus Ex franchise hooked me. 

MSFS also has plenty of bugs and annoyances, but the underlying game play is solid. That's the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Plenty of triple A games are a buggy mess upon release. Take Stalker SoC, for example. Close to unplayable when it was released. Pretty much took years and the modding community to get it on track. 

But, with SoC the underlying game was always brilliant and immersive. A terrific, atmospheric and truly original setting, great game play, etc. If the last 2 hours of the game don't get your heart racing, you're probably dead already. 

In contrast, and judging by the many reviews and playthroughs on youtube, the core gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 just seems, welll...kinda bland and boring. I can't see myself getting hooked the same way the Deus Ex franchise hooked me. 

MSFS also has plenty of bugs and annoyances, but the underlying game play is solid. That's the difference. 

Thanks for that Ricardo. I'm only a simmer - I don't have any other gaming activities - unless you include Tomb Raider II - back in the day - and yes, I slew the dragon and made it back to Lara's mansion.

My chief beef is with the core sim of MSFS 2020. The ailerons/ elevators are still way too sensitive at low speeds - that's a humungous error in the flight dynamics of the sim across all aircraft. That's a core error in the software. Should never have made it to release.

Wonderful that a bunch of ASOBO guys all went off to do their PPL's after release. Better they had done that before release and saved us all so much pain of jittery, uncontrollable aircraft (large and small) that continues to be - for me - the primary immersion killer within this sim - and why we still have folks whining on about P3D and X-Plane being better flyers - and still being listened to.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Thanks for that Ricardo. I'm only a simmer - I don't have any other gaming activities - unless you include Tomb Raider II - back in the day - and yes, I slew the dragon and made it back to Lara's mansion.

My chief beef is with the core sim of MSFS 2020. The ailerons/ elevators are still way too sensitive at low speeds - that's a humungous error in the flight dynamics of the sim across all aircraft. That's a core error in the software. Should never have made it to release.

Wonderful that a bunch of ASOBO guys all went off to do their PPL's after release. Better they had done that before release and saved us all so much pain of jittery, uncontrollable aircraft (large and small) that continues to be - for me - the primary immersion killer within this sim - and why we still have folks whining on about P3D and X-Plane being better flyers - and still being listened to.

Yes that's pretty much my beef too. I'm all over the place. This should be on the top of the list to be fixed. 

• Like 1

This is a discussion pertaining solely to MSFS 2020 (it is a discussion about MSFS 2020 - with regard to its software/ hardware and release to market) - and it belongs in the MSFS 2020 Forum.

MOD who moved it - could you name yourself please? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

I've been playing PC & console games for 30 years and recently I'm seeing games crash on PlayStation - never, ever seen that before. My work has just implemented a new accounting system - it works about 30% of the time. It's all about getting the product out the door and money in the bank. 

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Do not have this issue.

Yes, there is definitely too much elevator authority at full deflection in flare but every MS flight sim for the past 20 years has that issue and yes rudder control on the ground, especially with crosswind, is a bit skitty.

HOWEVER sensitivity to small ailerons/ elevator control movements ??    ... no definitely not.   My sensitivity settings for elevator and aileron are set at zero. I use a dead flat sensitivity curve for ailerons/ elevator (MS FFB2) . I am not sure what issues people are having but it is not generic.

What the heck is a CyberPunk? And, do I really care?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I moved it after a "report" was made on it!  You made one minor mention of MSFS2020 and how it compares with the drivel you are talking about!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You should not troll MSFS some may get the idea and troll the P3D forum !!!!

• Like 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg