Sign in to follow this  
Guest dgwhit

Command For Viewing FPS

Guest dgwhit

What is the command for viewing FPS when in flying mode? It has been some time since I have done any flight simming and can't recall what you type in. I have just installed FSX on a new system and compared to FS 9 which ran very smoothly with sliders maxed out, am having lot's of problems with FPS in FSX.Please advise.Thanks

If the fate of others who've asked this question before you is anything to go by, you will later wish you never asked this question. :-lolGary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest Calb

Here's another way of displaying framerate. It shows low,current and high plus a variation percentage. It will appear like this:[20.9 26.4 29.7] V: 1.8%Go into the FSX.cfg file and add these two lines to appropriate sections as shown:Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6AverageFrameRate=2,1 <<FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4AverageFrameRate=2,1 <<

Guest DirtyHarry3033

In addition to the above suggestions, you can google "Fraps". Install and run before starting FSX and you'll get a nice readable FPS display in whichever corner of the screen you like. At 1600x1200, the FSX display is so small I have to put my nose against the screen to read it!Or, as mentioned above you might want to forget the whole thing - ignorance is bliss, particularly in FSX when framerates are concerned ;)

Guest dgwhit

Yes, I am disappointed to say the least. Beech Baron sitting on the runway in Chattanooga - cockpit and outside view averaging around 14.2 fps. Haven't bothered to hook the yoke and peddles up again. Target rate 20.00. In FS9 with similiar settings, I was getting in the 25's to 40's depending on the locations, atltitude, etc.Pentium 4 dual core 3.06 800 MHz HTT L2 Cache 512 kb - 4 gigs DDR400 upper memory - Seagate 120GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/9.4/S-ATA-150 -XFX GeForce FX 5600 256MB DDR 8x AGP - Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum - CH usb yoke and peddles - plus an assortment of add-ons of which I have only installed new version of FSUIPC and FS_Metro (new version). For the above FPS, FS_Metro was not activiated.From the assortment of add-ons that I was using in FS9, it appears that these are the only ones at present that work. Radar Contact, one of my favorites will not.Guess my system will not run this program unless I tweek it to the point of not enjoying it. I built the system in 2004 and at that time it was supposed to be a hot gaming machine.I guess this would be a topic for the hardware forum if I want to pursue a fix, so I will not post again here.Thanks for the info!:-(