Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Nvidia 30 series stock to improve.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/nvidia-might-beat-amd-in-gpu-stock-thanks-to-new-samsung-deal

Nvidia has just signed a new manufacturing deal with Samsung for 8nm processors that power their RTX 30-series GPUs, raising the possibility of some relief for some of the supply issues that consumers have faced since the launch of the RTX 3070, RTX 3080, and RTX 3090.

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 2

This could be very good news for 30-series card availability.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Not to be a downer, but fabs and card production take a while to spin up and an announcement like this will take months to have a noticeable impact for consumers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Daniel M

i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 RAM, PNY RTX 3090, Custom Watercooling

Talk is they are going to use Samsung for the 4000 series, TMSC has so many orders it no longer gives discount to big customers as it does not need to this could affect the price on AMD products in the future, as TMSC are flat out trying to meet demand.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Finally managed to snag a 3070 today

• Like 1

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

There are 3090s on Amazon from £1,999.99 and a MSI SUPRIM X £2,508.92 some people must be mad to pay them prices, i would sooner wait a year than pay that.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:09 AM, G-RFRY said:

There are 3090s on Amazon from £1,999.99 and a MSI SUPRIM X £2,508.92 some people must be mad to pay them prices, i would sooner wait a year than pay that.

Good grief. Thats way more than I paid. Got mine for £1,412. Thats with the VAT taken off as Channel Islands. 2000 quid is insane.

..& prices still going up and up, demand is high, and folks are paying as much as twice the MSRP   ..... it is insane .. I can't afford it   (-: 

• Like 1

Was able to grab a 3090 new off CL for $1750 this week.  MSRP on that card is now $1,999 due to the Tariffs.  Had a 3080, but did not cut it with the small VRAM running three 75" 4K.  3090 is smooth running all 3.  Sold the 3080 for $1100 in two hours off CL.  

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

On 1/21/2021 at 5:54 PM, helloo said:

Was able to grab a 3090 new off CL for $1750 this week.  MSRP on that card is now $1,999 due to the Tariffs.  Had a 3080, but did not cut it with the small VRAM running three 75" 4K.  3090 is smooth running all 3.  Sold the 3080 for $1100 in two hours off CL.  

This US Tariff thing is a pain in the bum isn't it? Hopefully things will improve now the US has new (sane) administration.

I'm thrilled actually that I manged to grab my EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3. Had a bit of hassle trying to get the VAT taken off due to living in a British Isles region where there is no VAT, but got there in the end. £1400 final price.  

On 12/19/2020 at 3:52 AM, martin-w said:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/nvidia-might-beat-amd-in-gpu-stock-thanks-to-new-samsung-deal

Nvidia has just signed a new manufacturing deal with Samsung for 8nm processors that power their RTX 30-series GPUs, raising the possibility of some relief for some of the supply issues that consumers have faced since the launch of the RTX 3070, RTX 3080, and RTX 3090.

...no sign of relief, on the contrary, prices are soring, and they the crazy encrypted coin market will motivate harvesting which mean prices will sky rocket.. I wouldn't be surprised to see those GPU exceeding the $2,000 price bar     

If you are willing to pay 2 Grand You should have no problem getting a 3090 the least popular GPU you may have to phone to order it but should get it in a few weeks at the most, as online stores don`t want to be left holding stock.

Nvidia RTX 30-Series GPU Availability to Worsen in Q1: Report | Tom's Hardware

Raymond Fry.

3090’s are not that hard to get and you can still get them at MSRP and not the inflated prices that AIB are charging. Myself and a friend got the 3090FE from Best Buy on Jan 22 during the large drop. With my store credit from previous purchases I paid less then the 2080ti. When they show up at Best Buy the sell just as fast as the 3080’s which is on my list for my other PC at MSRP.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

10 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

If you are willing to pay 2 Grand You should have no problem getting a 3090 the least popular GPU you may have to phone to order it but should get it in a few weeks at the most, as online stores don`t want to be left holding stock.

Nvidia RTX 30-Series GPU Availability to Worsen in Q1: Report | Tom's Hardware

...no I'm not willing to spend $2G, for a card. This hobby start to get to expensive for me, & probably for many other Simmers, i sold my 4790K base rig few month ago, thought about putting something more up-to-date, which I'll do, but I'll go back to the GTX1080TI reload XP11 & with Volcan, I think I'll be okay, until the market will calm down a bit...