Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

Need help choosing VR headset

Hi guys,

as the title suggests looking for the first time ever to get into VR just for FS2020. Ive heard once you go VR you'll never go back to a 2D screen. could somebody with VR back that up please.

So far my limited knowledge only knows of a company called oculus, don't little research today to find the quest 2 and rift s. would these work great with fs2020?

i would love your opinions as to what you guys thing is the best route here.

Kind regards

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

I have not used VR in anything but my PS4 but I do keep up with the industry. The HP Reverb G2 is the one you want at the moment. But you will need a top-of-the-line PC and graphics card to run it well. 

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/vr/reverb-g2-vr-headset.html

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

10 minutes ago, RobJC said:

I have not used VR in anything but my PS4 but I do keep up with the industry. The HP Reverb G2 is the one you want at the moment. But you will need a top-of-the-line PC and graphics card to run it well. 

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/vr/reverb-g2-vr-headset.html

Im running a i7 10700k 16gb and a 1070ti.

Don't need anything to crazy and don't want to spend a lot of money right now and my instrument rating has already burnt five figures from me lol.

I've seen somebody selling a rift s for 150 pounds where i live and wondering should i get that.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

HP Reverb G2 is a great headset if you have a too PC drive it.  Valve index is also very good if you have the cash and you like to play alot of non-sim VR games as well where tracking is very important.  Quest 2 with PC link is a good all rounder for those on a budget.  At the low end of the scale, money and of performance wise, rift s is a good option as long as your IPD is within a normal range.

14 hours ago, slip-stream said:

With a 1070 ti I would go for the oculus CV1 

The Rift S will also be fine

I own Samsung Odyssey Plus, and HP Reverb G2. HP Reverb G2 is the clear winner, hands down. I would never recommend purchasing anything with lower resolution like Oculs Rift and what have you. I am sure you would regret that. I own an GTX 1080Ti, performance is very acceptable. when those new GPUs become available, you can, will and should upgrade to those  with 16/20 GB Vram.

"I can see clearly now", even the fine print on the cockpit instruments, something that was not possible with lower resolution headsets, and is probably not needed as much in a car racing sim. but in an aircraft cockpit, you need to be able to read those tiny letters and numbers.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Why does the HP Reverb G2 has such low ratings on amazon? Lots of people saying it is garbage? Anyone can share a link to that VR headset?

where do you see the HP Reverb G2 on Amazon?

"Why does the HP Reverb G2 has such low ratings on amazon?"

do you have a link please? perhaps they meant the older version 1. and what exactly do they critisise? I am not referring to the VR controllers and haven't even used them yet because you don't need them for flight simulation.

HP have only now started to ship directly to customers directly, I can't find 't it on Amazon. they had a 100$ pre-order rebate back in July.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2020/05/hp-reverb-g2-rivals-specification-comparison/

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Sorry I am not current on VR headsets. I just want to make sure I get the best set possible.

nope! that is the professional version, don't get that one,too expensive. get the new G2

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

"I just want to make sure I get the best set possible. "

that's exactly why I got the HP reverb G2, and waited 5 long months. check out the article I posted above on vrfocus, shows you all the other, lower resolution headsets. If you order the HP G2 now, you may have to wait until early 2021, they are only now starting to ship to their huge backlog customers from July/August. I promise once you have flown in VR, you will never go back. it's the closest to sitting in a real cockpit you'll ever get. I expect there will be plenty reviews starting next tuesday, when VR support will officially be launched in the MSFS update december 22nd.

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

34 minutes ago, turbomax said:

"I just want to make sure I get the best set possible. "

that's exactly why I got the HP reverb G2, and waited 5 long months. check out the article I posted above on vrfocus, shows you all the other, lower resolution headsets. If you order the HP G2 now, you may have to wait until early 2021, they are only now starting to ship to their huge backlog customers from July/August. I promise once you have flown in VR, you will never go back. it's the closest to sitting in a real cockpit you'll ever get. I expect there will be plenty reviews starting next tuesday, when VR support will officially be launched in the MSFS update december 22nd.

Will HP charge the credit card at the time of ordering the Reverb G2 or at the time of sending it as the waiting time seems to be so long ?