Sign in to follow this  
GentleGroove

Flysimware Falcon 50 or Learjet 35 - opinions?

Hi everyone

I've been looking for a good bizjet for P3Dv4 for sometime and have been reading some very favourable opinions on Flysimware's Falcon and Learjet. Since both are on sale now, I'm thinking of getting one (both is not an option unfortunately).

I get the feeling the Lear is more popular that the 50, but then again has been around for longer.

I'd love to hear from those who own either or both - what you like or don't like about them, about the flight dynamics, any bugs, etc.

Cheers

LPMA

The Falcon is easier to handle and has a slightly more advanced autopilot (you can set and adjust vertical speed while on AP whereas the Lear will just hold a VS you set manually). 

I find the Lear significantly more fun to fly and I prefer its sounds. 

I agree with flycln. I have both, but like the Lear better; both are very nice.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I love the Falcon, I just wish it could be updated with better textures and eventually the FMS but that's years away. 

Get both, they are on sale! I fly the Lear almost exclusively and also have the Falcon.

You get another bonus too. The support/help from ark over at their forums is five star. He has graciously offered me custom programming that is icing on the cake. Ex: spoilers deploy/retract viewable from the outside, timer to pause sim by minutes has been a savior for me.

"Honey, when the oven timer goes off, go ahead and press 'P' on my keyboard and I'll take it from there when I get back."

Haven't had to do this in a while :>)

Seriously, you will not be disappointed with either.

moon1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I have the 35 and like it. I “put“ a GTN and a WXR (Roland's freeware version) in it. There is a mod for a real-life mod for bigger wing tip tanks, and I've made a 36A by enlarging the center tank and max gross weight. Good fun, and works reliably and is easy on the frames!

Great news on the upcoming FMC!

Edited by d.tsakiris

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, newtie said:

Get both, they are on sale!

Yup. I have them both and the only thing which really makes me prefer the Falcon over the Lear is that it's a bit better as an Air Hauler jet. Other than that, they're both great.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

They are both really fun.  I find the Lear a bit more accessible, but the nuances of getting the Falcon to perform at high altitude is very rewarding.  I agree - get both!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I also love flying them both. The sounds of the takeoff role in the Falcon are fantastic, they did really a great job recording those! If their on sale and you like fast biz-jets I would buy them both.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup. I have them both and the only thing which really makes me prefer the Falcon over the Lear is that it's a bit better as an Air Hauler jet. Other than that, they're both great.

The Falcon has greater range as well.

That’s probably what you meant now that I think of it. :>}

Edited by newtie
Add

10 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

I also love flying them both. The sounds of the takeoff role in the Falcon are fantastic, they did really a great job recording those! If their on sale and you like fast biz-jets I would buy them both.

According to their forum, that unique tire whine In the 35 when hitting 110-120 knots on takeoff was quite a project and quite real according to their 35A pilot. There is nothing I don’t like about that Lear. Wicked Bacon’s textures being implemented a while back closed the deal for me.

2 hours ago, newtie said:

According to their forum, that unique tire whine In the 35 when hitting 110-120 knots on takeoff was quite a project and quite real according to their 35A pilot. There is nothing I don’t like about that Lear. Wicked Bacon’s textures being implemented a while back closed the deal for me.

Yeah he had started the Falcon but announced he was stopping the project.. I was devastated to hear that..

1 hour ago, pilatuz said:

Yeah he had started the Falcon but announced he was stopping the project

The Falcon textures were updated by Wicked Bacon some time ago, it that what you are referring too?